Finding easy keto dinner ideas and recipes doesn’t need to be hard, you can enjoy a wide variety of interesting keto meals for the whole family and still easily stay on a ketogenic diet.
Keto Recipes for Dinner
This post includes our TOP 50 keto dinner recipes that are all ideal for keto beginners just getting started or seasoned keto dieters looking for easy weeknight recipes everyone will love! And in the recipe card at the bottom of the keto dinner ideas list we're sharing our full viral Philly cheese steak casserole recipe!
Whether you're looking for keto dinner ideas to lose weight that takes less than 30 minutes, are keto instant pot dinners, air fryer recipes, chicken, sausage, beef, fish, keto crock-pot dinners, stir-frys, keto vegetarian recipes, casseroles, and more, you'll LOVE the variety of low carb dinners our post. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
List of Best Keto Foods ~ That Make for EASY keto dinners!
This list of keto foods makes for terrific low carb dinner ideas you can mix and match to help you make sure you're eating the best keto options that'll help you not only stay in ketosis but will also fill you up. Sticking to healthy fats, protein, and low carb vegetables will make it easier to stick to a ketogenic lifestyle. Use a combo of these ideas to put together basic and easy keto dinner ideas whether you're cooking for one person, for two people, or for a dinner party.
When it comes to keto foods, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First and foremost, you want to make sure that the foods you're eating are high in fat and low in carbohydrates. This means that you 'll want to avoid sugary foods, as well as starchy vegetables like potatoes. In addition, you'll want to make sure that you're getting plenty of protein. This is important because protein is necessary for building and maintaining muscle mass.
- Avocados- Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, as well as fiber and vitamins. They're also one of the most popular keto foods, due to their versatility and delicious taste.
- Eggs- Eggs are an excellent source of protein, as well as healthy fats and nutrients. They're perfect for a quick and easy meal, and can be cooked in a variety of ways.
- Bacon- Bacon is a delicious and versatile food that's perfect for a keto diet. It's high in fat and low in carbohydrates, making it an ideal addition to any meal.
- Salmon- Salmon is a great source of protein and healthy fats, making it an ideal choice for a keto diet. It's also packed with nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for your health.
- Nuts- Nuts are a great source of healthy fats, as well as fiber and vitamins. They make a perfect snack or addition to any meal.
- Cauliflower- Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that can be used in a variety of keto-friendly dishes. It's high in fiber and low in carbohydrates, making it an ideal choice for those on a keto diet.
- Cheese- Cheese is a delicious and nutritious food that's perfect for a keto diet. It's high in fat and low in carbohydrates, making it an ideal addition to any meal.
- Olive oil- Olive oil is a healthy fat that's perfect for a keto diet. It's also packed with antioxidants and has numerous health benefits.
- Coconut oil- Coconut oil is a healthy fat that's perfect for a keto diet. It's also packed with medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are a type of saturated fat that's metabolized differently than other types of fat.
- Dark chocolate- Dark chocolate is a delicious and nutritious treat that's perfect for a keto diet. It's high in fat and low in carbohydrates, making it an ideal choice for those on a keto diet.
Please leave a review if you make our keto dinner recipes! We love feedback from readers, plus it helps others too.
And be sure to pin the 50 BEST keto dinner recipes and keto dinner ideas to Pinterest so it's easy to find later!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lb thinly sliced beef
- 1 small onion
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cups crimini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups shredded provolone
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the thinly sliced beef, garlic salt, and pepper and cook it until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside, but leave about 2 tablespoon of grease in the skillet for cooking the vegetables. Add a little more oil to the pan for the veggies if there isn't enough grease left in the pan.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms to the skillet, cooking them until softened.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and cream cheese to the pan and stir all ingredients together. Heat through until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add the beef back to the pan and combine all ingredients. If you don't have an ovenproof skillet that's large enough to hold all of the ingredients, transfer the mixture to a 9x13 pan or a casserole dish and combine it in there.
- Sprinkle with shredded provolone cheese or provolone slices.
- Bake the casserole for 15 mins until it's heated through. Broil 2-3 mins if prefer crispy cheese on top.
We used thinly sliced sirloin tip steak, ribeye or shaved beef are great choices. Don't use sliced stew meat since it's a tough cut. Ground beef is a great substitute for thinly sliced steak, plus its an inexpensive option.
Traditional Philly cheese steak is thinly sliced steak and onions, we've used an adaption that's more common in our area which adds bell peppers and mushrooms.
Since the mixture is already heated and you're just cooking until the cheese melts, you can also leave the mix in the skillet, turn the burner down to medium low and cover the pan. Cook through until the cheese is melted.
To keep the carbs down in the recipe, shred the cheese yourself instead of buying pre-shredded cheese that's covered with potato starch (and adds carbs).
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 694Total Fat 50gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 179mgSodium 863mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 53g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest