Boneless country style BBQ ribs are one of our go-to easy family recipes that we all enjoy over and over again.
Making instant pot country style ribs has become a game changer. Now this is a hearty and easy meal you can enjoy on a weeknight and wait to start the recipe when you get home.
Country Ribs in Pressure Cooker
While I used to make boneless country ribs in the crock-pot, ever since buying an instant pot, country ribs in a pressure cooker is my new favorite method for cooking country-style pork ribs.
While the crockpot still does a good job, cooking instant pot country style ribs turns out even better.
Not only can you cook the boneless country-style pork ribs in under an hour, but they are incredibly juicy and delicious ~ just as if you’d been slow-cooking them all day in the oven or a slow cooker.
And if you’re anything like me, I love to have both a crock-pot and pressure cooker since sometimes I forget to put that slow cooker meal in the pot in the morning. By having a pressure cooker too means I can still get dinner on the table in time.
This is a fabulous recipe for anyone following a low carb or keto program too, each 4oz serving of ribs only has 5 net carbs.
Instant Pot Country Ribs Ingredients
There are very few ingredients in this instant pot country-style ribs recipe, so that makes it even easier on busy weeknights. Before purchasing a pressure cooker, I would’ve never guessed that I could start making a main dish like ribs after work and be eating it within the hour.
Making instant pot country ribs has been a game changer and we’re now able to eat them whenever we want.
- 3 lb boneless country-style ribs
- 2 T dry rub for ribs seasoning mix
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (plus more to add after cooking)- our favorite is Baby Ray’s, but here’s a sugar-free sauce you can make to keep this lower carb.
- 1 C beef or chicken broth
We love to make our own dry rub seasoning without sugar, it uses common pantry ingredients and it keeps for months. This is the same rub we use for our dry rub oven-baked baby back ribs recipe. You, of course, can use your own favorite brand of rub mix for the instant pot country-style ribs.
Making Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
Spread the dry rub evenly on both sides. In all honestly, this dry rib mix is so flavorful that you don’t even need BBQ sauce.
Pour the beef or chicken broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot and insert your instant pot rack. Add the ribs to your Instant Pot, using long handled rubber tongs work great for this.
Pour the BBQ sauce over the ribs, and spread evenly with a basting brush
Cook on high temperature on the Manual setting for 45 minutes. Depending on your Instant Pot model, this might also be called Pressure Cook.
Natural Release the pressure for 15 minutes
Carefully remove the ribs to keep them intact and spread with more BBQ sauce if desired.
(OPTIONAL)- We like to broil the ribs in our oven on the top rack for 3-5 minutes to give a grilled finish to our country style pork ribs.
Supplies Used in This Recipe
Our Instant Pot – We purchased the latest model when we found it for a great price during a flash sale
A basting brush for spreading the BBQ sauce
Long handled rubber tongs – We love the two different sizes in this pack and use the long handled for many instant pot recipes and use the short handled for salads.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Ribs
Since we’ve been following a low carb program we usually serve the pressure cooker boneless pork ribs with cole slaw or a kale caesar salad. Serving roasted vegetables on the side like broccoli, mushrooms, onions and peppers also make a great idea.
But of course all the classic fixings are great choices too:
- Cole slaw
- Caesar salad
- Corn on the cob
- Roasted vegetables
- Baked beans
- Macaroni and cheese
- 3 lb boneless country style pork ribs
- 2 T dry rub seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce + more to baste after cooking
- 1 C beef or chicken broth
- Spread the dry rib mixture on both sides of the boneless country style ribs
- Pour the broth into the bottom of your instant pot
- Add the ribs to your IP using tongs
- Pour about 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce onto the ribs and spread the sauce evenly with a rubber tip basting brush
- Cook on high temperature for 45 minutes on the manual/pressure cook setting (depending on your IP model)
- Natural release the pressure for 15 minutes
- Remove the ribs carefully and baste them with more sauce if desired.
- Optional - broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes to give them a grilled appearance
These easy instant pot country style ribs are simple to convert to a low carb, keto, gluten free or sugar free. Our low carb rub mix does not include sugar and you can purchase a low carb BBQ sauce, make a low carb sauce, or skip the sauce all together. The dry rub mix already has tons of flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 4 oz
Amount Per Serving Calories 384 Total Fat 25g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 14g Cholesterol 126mg Sodium 1049mg Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 0g Sugar 4g Protein 35g
Other Meat Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Baby back ribs in the oven
- Instant Pot Beer Brats
- Instant Pot Mississipi Pot Roast Recipe
- 8 Easy Low Carb Instant Pot Dinners
- Cooking Frozen Chicken in an Instant Pot