Make tender and tasty air fryer country-style ribs that cook super fast and no one will ever know you didn't slow cook them all day. Get these amazing bone-in ribs on the table in less than 45 minutes. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Country Style Ribs in Air Fryer
We're seriously a ribs obsessed family and we make them multiple times per month. Once we learned how quickly we could make air fryer country style ribs, we haven't pulled out the grill since. Because we use a super flavorful homemade rib rub we often don't add the optional BBQ sauce. But it's up to you whether you want them dry rub or saucy!
Cooking air fryer pork ribs that are bone-in are great for your next summer BBQ or for a tasty and casual dinner with the fam.
Why You'll Love This!
- From start to finish, air fryer country style ribs only takes less than 45 minutes.
- The recipe works for either bone-in or boneless pork ribs.
- You can get fall-off-the-bone ribs super fast instead of having to slow cook them all day.
- The rib recipe is easy to adapt to low carb, keto, gluten-free, and Whole30/paleo health plans.
- The whole recipe needs just 3 ingredients!
If you're a rib lover, then you'll definitely want to try our air fryer baby back ribs recipe too!
The air fryer country style ribs just needs your favorite store bought rib rub or you can make our homemade version. Feel free to brush on BBQ sauce at the end.
- country style ribs- we used bone-in ribs but boneless will work as well. Country style ribs technically aren't ribs like pork ribs or baby baby ribs, they're made from pork shoulder.
- pork rub- we love to use our sugar-free homemade pork rub and make it in bulk since it keeps for years but feel free to use your favorite brand.
- BBQ sauce - We like to use Sweet Baby Ray's which can be found at most standard grocery stores. Our favorite sugar free brand is Primal Kitchen.
- foil- Don't eat the foil, but you'll need it wrap the ribs in so they turn out scrumptious and moist!
Recipe Variations- You can use this exact same process to make air fryer baby baby ribs or pork ribs. Country style ribs do take a little longer to cook since they're meatier, so keep an eye on the internal temperature.
- Whole30- make sure to use sugar free rub and use Whole30/paleo friendly BBQ sauce like Primal Kitchen.
- Keto- make sure to use sugar free rub and use Whole30/paleo friendly BBQ sauce like Primal Kitchen.
Step by Step Instructions
All we need to do to make the amazing and tender country style ribs in air fryer recipe is to sprinkle on rib rub, wrap the ribs in foil, air fry until done, and then brush on a little BBQ sauce if desired.
Make our homemade rib rub recipe if you don't have a store bought brand you prefer.
Blot the ribs dry with paper towels.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoon pork shoulder ribs with rib rub, we used about 1 tablespoon on the front in total and another tablespoon to sprinkle of the other side of the ribs.
Double wrap the ribs in a large sheet of foil.
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Ribs Cooking Time
Sprinkle the ribs the dry rub on both sides and pat with clean hands
Wrap the ribs in foil to help seal in the moisture
The air fried country style ribs will cook for a total of 45+ minutes. First, cook the ribs for 20 minutes and then flip them over for 25+ more until they're cooked to your liking. Ribs are technically done at 145 F but they'll still be tough and need to continue cooking to break down the muscle tissue.
Brush on BBQ sauce and air fry for 1-2 minutes more to get that just grilled appearance.
- Ribs done at 145 F but not fall off the bone until 175-180 F+
- You can also cook boneless country-style ribs using this same method, but they might get done a few minutes early.
- The ribs are tasty just with a dry rub, the added BBQ step is optional.
Pork ribs are delicious served with coleslaw, baked beans, corn on the cob, biscuits, and corn bread.
Cooked ribs will keep in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
You can freeze country style ribs for up to 3 months. Tightly wrap the ribs and store in a freezer safe container.
More Rib Recipes
- Air fryer baby back ribs
- Instant pot baby back ribs
- Instant pot country style ribs
- Baby back ribs in the oven