Air fryer frozen corn on the cob is our family’s new favorite method to creating the best tasting corn on the cob all year long! Harnessing the power of our air fryer, we are able to enjoy summer-fresh and straight-from-the-farm tasting corn all year long. This 15-minute recipe is a whole lot of easy and a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Corn on the Cob in Air Fryer
Corn on the cob is one of those summer foods that we just can’t get enough of. There is something about it that just screams “summer” every time you eat. A seasonal produce, corn on the cob is best when it’s sourced locally or frozen shortly after being harvested.
Traditional methods for reheating frozen corn on the cob include cooking it like you would fresh – and we do have a great recipe for that! But, we are on an air fryer kick right now and decided to give our newest kitchen gadget a chance to show us how it can make corn on the cob.
Well, let’s just say that our air fryer frozen corn on the cob tasted at least as good as fresh – if not better!
Frozen corn in air fryer is the perfect side dish for gluten-free eaters and those following a vegetarian lifestyle. If you prefer to follow a vegan eating plan you can still enjoy air fryer frozen corn, but you are going to want to omit adding butter or use a vegan butter substitute.
When paired with an air fryer burger or some seriously delicious pulled pork sliders, this corn on the cob in air fryer recipe makes it seem like summer in our home regardless of what the calendar may say.
The more we utilize our air fryer, the more we find it’s the ideal kitchen appliance – even for vegetables! Be sure to check out our other air fryer vegetable recipes including frozen green beans, frozen broccoli, and frozen vegetables in air fryer medley.
Why You’ll Love This!
- Enjoy summer-fresh corn on the cob all year long when you cook frozen corn on the cob in your air fryer.
- Like many air fryer recipes, this one cooks up quick – just 15-minutes including preheating your air fryer.
- Cooking frozen corn in air fryer allows your corn to be cooked perfectly, never soggy.
Be sure to download the free Air Fryer cooking times PDF for 50 of the most popular air fryer foods when you join our recipe email list!
Grab your favorite brand of frozen corn and preheat your air fryer because it’s time to create the best tasting air fryer frozen corn on the cob.
- frozen corn on the cob – you can use either half pieces or whole
- optional – butter, salt, and pepper
- Vegan– For those following a vegan lifestyle, omit the butter or use a vegan-approved butter substitute.
Step by Step Instructions
Making air fryer frozen corn is super simple – preheat, flip, and finish.
Air Fryer Corn Temp
Preheat the air fryer to 400F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat function, simply turn your unit on and allow it to warm up.
Lay the frozen corn on the bottom of the air fryer basket, leaving space in between each cob.
There’s no need to grease the basket if it is non-stick. If you have an air fryer oven, spritz oil on the bottom of the basket.
How Long to Air Fry Corn on the Cob?
Air fry the corn on the cob for 7-10 minutes until it’s heated through and warm, flipping the corn after 4-5 minutes of cooking time.
Whether or not your cooking whole cobs or the half-size mini cobs will determine how long they need to cook. We prefer half-sized cobs, so that is what we use. Full-sized cobs may require an additional cooking time.
Remove the corn from the air fryer and serve warm with melted butter, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!
- Do not defrost your corn on the cob prior to cooking. Air fryer frozen corn on the cob is the perfect way to cook frozen corn on the cob.
- For even cooking, be sure to flip your corn on the cob half way through cooking.
- Speaking of even cooking – don’t overcrowd your air fryer. Leave space for the warm air to circulate around your corn. If you are cooking more corn on the cob than can fit, simply cook your corn on the cob in batches.
If you have any leftover corn, simply store it in the fridge in a covered container for 3-4 days.
Traditional corn on the cob toppings includes butter, salt, and pepper, but if you are feeling adventurous try creating this Mexican street corn recipe that combines mayo, sour cream, lime, cilantro, chili powder, and cayenne!
Yes! You can reheat corn on the cob in your air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes. Wrap the corn cobs in foil and air fry them for 3-5 minutes until cooked through. The size of the corn cobs or whether they’re half size can vary the cooking time.
More Air Fryer Frozen Veggies
Looking for more air fryer frozen vegetable recipes?
- Air fryer frozen vegetables medley
- Frozen broccoli in an air fryer
- Frozen Brussel sprouts in an air fryer
- Air fryer frozen green beans
- Air fryer frozen asparagus
- 4 ears of frozen corn, half size
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Lay the frozen corn on the bottom of the air fryer basket, leaving space in between each cob. There's no need to grease the basket if it is non-stick. If you have an air fryer oven, spritz oil on the bottom of the basket.
- Air fry the corn on the cob for 7-10 minutes until it's heated through and warm, flipping the corn after 4-5 minutes of cooking time. Whether or not your cooking whole cobs or the half-size mini cobs will determine how long they need to cook.
- Remove the corn from the air fryer and serve warm with melted butter, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!
Frozen corn is already partially cooked, and cooking it from frozen not only gets it on the table fast, but it helps to make the corn juicy since it retains moisture.
We used the half-size mini cobs, you can use the whole size frozen cobs and assume they could take a couple of extra minutes to cook.
While you can wrap each ear of corn during cooking in foil, we found that it wasn't necessary since the melted ice kept the corn juicy.