If you are looking to make the best hard-boiled eggs at home, then look no further than our air fryer boiled eggs recipe! Made without water, our hard boiled eggs in air fryer recipe created an easy-to-peel egg that cooks up in under 20-minutes.
Perfect for quick breakfasts, lunch, or salads, this hard-boiled egg recipe is the WHOLE LOTTA YUM way to add a delicious source of protein to your day.
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
Hard Boiled Eggs in Air Fryer
We do a lot of weekly meal prep in our home, and these air fryer eggs are makes for such an easy air fryer recipe! While our other foods are cooking up, we can be making these air fryer hard boiled eggs right alongside them.
Then, when it's all done we simply label and store all of our foods in the fridge for a week of healthy eating that is easy to stick with.
And the hardest part? Waiting all week to use our air fryer boiled eggs in avocado egg salad, add them to potato salad, keto Cobb salad, or simply add bagel seasoning and snack on these perfectly cooked air fryer hard boiled eggs.
Are you looking for more ways to include eggs in your diet? Look no further than our Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs (that uses the famous 5-5-5 method!) and our low-carb creamy egg cups with bacon.
Why You'll Love This!
- With a cook time of just 14 minutes, the air fryer eggs are ready in less time than it takes to boil them on the stove. Air frying is literally the best way and one of the easiest ways to make hard boil eggs!
- Our hard boiled eggs in air fryer recipe will give you perfectly cooked eggs that are easy peel every time, skip the boiling water, and the struggle with the outer shell of the egg. They are so easy to peel every single time.
- Perfect for meal prep, air fryer hard-boiled eggs are a great way to stay on track with your gluten-free, low-carb, keto, and paleo lifestyles.
- You can easily adapt the recipe to make creamy soft boiled eggs as well.
I'm not sure how a recipe can get easier than this - a single ingredient is all you need to make hard boiled eggs in an air fryer basket or oven.
- large eggs, raw - Our recipe and instructions are based on using large eggs. If you opt for medium, you will need to reduce the cooking time. If you opt for extra-large, you will need to increase it.
An Air Fryer- We used a Cosori XL basket style air fryer in this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
Similar to traditional methods, making the air fryer eggs is a simple process; however, we are going to walk you through each step here to help ensure that your air fryer hard-boiled eggs recipe comes out perfect every time.
Preheat the air fryer to 300 degrees F for 3 minutes.
Place from 6 up to a dozen eggs in the hot air fryer basket. They may roll around and won't be evenly spaced apart but that's ok.
Cook the eggs in air fryer in a single layer for 14-15 minutes for hard boiled eggs. You will NOT need to flip the eggs during cooking. Keep an eye on the cooking time the first time you make this recipe since it can vary by air fryer brand.
Fill a bowl of cold water and ice cubes to make an ice water bath. Instantly place the air fryer eggs into the ice bath for 5 minutes to stop the cooking process.
Completely cool the eggs on a wire rack before storing them. Keep refrigerated and store them in an airtight container and use them in your favorite salads, sides, and snacks.
- For best results, preheat your air fryer to ensure that your air fryer hard-boiled eggs begin cooking immediately.
- The air fryer model can vary slightly depending on the brand and some could cook quicker or slower than the Cosori brand used in the recipe. Check one egg for doneness and if the inside isn't all the way cooked, add 1-2 more minutes to the cooking time.
- Adding water to the air fryer is NOT necessary to make air fryer hard "boiled" eggs. The eggs get steamed inside of their shell without simmering them in water.
- To make soft boiled eggs, reduce the air fry time to 9-10 minutes. You can cook the soft boiled egg for even less time if you want a runny yolk.
- Air fried eggs can get brown spots on the outside of shell, this is harmless and mostly washes off with a damp paper towel.
What to Serve with Hard Boiled Eggs? Air fryer boiled eggs are the perfect meal-prep item to help you eat healthy all week long. Some of our favorite uses for boiled eggs included egg and avocado salad, spinach and hot bacon salad, keto Cobb salad, or simply adding a dash of salt and pepper and snacking on our perfectly cooked air fryer eggs.
Is it Safe to Boil Eggs in Air Fryer? Yes, it is completely safe to boil eggs in the air fryer. Contrary to popular belief, the eggs do not explode and no water is necessary to make hard "boiled" eggs in the air fryer. Eggs in the microwave do sometimes explode because of the rapid buildup of steam pressure but this doesn't happen with air frying eggs.
How long do hard boiled eggs keep in the fridge? You can store cooked hard boiled eggs in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
Looking for more air fryer recipes for breakfast?
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Sausage Patties in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
- Frozen Hash Brown Patties in Air Fryer
- Bacon in the Air Fryer
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply