Air fryer turkey bacon is the perfect way to start your mornings off right! Lower in fat than traditional bacon, but still as crunchy and flavorful, you can easily whip up a complete breakfast in less than 15-minutes! Air fryer turkey bacon is a whole lot of easy, and a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer
My husband grew up eating A LOT of microwave turkey bacon in his youth, so we have this constant debate every time it gets made in our house. Should turkey bacon be crispy or should it be soft? I’m a crispy girl myself (and prefer bacon that way as well) but knowing that he was eating microwave turkey bacon I’m sure you can guess that his was served (and preferred!) as the softer option.
Either way, you prefer turkey bacon, soft or crispy, you are going to love it cooked in the air fryer! This super-simple method frees you up from guarding the oven and keeps the mess to a minimum as it’s contained. With air fryer turkey bacon you can create the perfect soft or crispy turkey bacon while you are making scrambled eggs, toasting bread or bagels, or chopping up some fruit for a quick salad.
Why You’ll Love This!
- Cooking up in just 10-minutes, turkey bacon in air fryer is the best way to add some much-needed protein to your morning routine!
- Whether you prefer crispy turkey bacon as I do, or the softer variety like my husband does, air frying turkey bacon allows you to cook and serve to your own personal preferences.
- Turkey bacon is a great addition to your gluten-free, low-carb or keto, and paleo lifestyles. However, compliance with your specific eating plan will depend on the brand you purchase.
- Cook up a little, or cook up a lot, air fryer turkey bacon is as simple as deciding how many slices you want and letting your air fryer works its magic!
Be sure to download the free Air Fryer cooking times PDF for 50 of the most popular air fryer foods when you join our recipe email list!
The only thing you need is your favorite brand of turkey bacon… and your trusty air fryer.
- turkey bacon
An Air Fryer– We used the Cosori 5.8 qt air fryer in this recipe
To ensure that your turkey bacon is compliant with your gluten-free, low-carb, keto, paleo, or Whole30 lifestyle, please read the label. Often commercial products contain hidden sugars as well as chemical preservatives that are not compliant with modern diets.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat, air fry, and flip. The biggest decision you will have to make this morning is whether you want your air fryer turkey bacon crispy or soft.
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon Temperature
Cook your air fryer turkey bacon in a 390F air fryer that has been allowed to preheat for 5-minutes. Most air fryers will have a preheat function, but if yours does not you can preheat it just like you would an oven.
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon Cooking Time
Place your turkey bacon in your preheated air fryer and cook it for 4 minutes.
Flip, then continue cooking for another 2-4 minutes (depending on how crisp you would like it).
Air frying your turkey bacon for 6 minutes will give you softer bacon, while air frying for 8 minutes will yield you crisper bacon.
- Preheating your air fryer will ensure your bacon begins cooking as soon as you close your air fryer.
- For best results, don’t overcrowd your air fryer. Generally, you can accommodate 4-5 slices of bacon while leaving room for the air to circulate. Cook in batches if you need additional turkey bacon.
- Air fryer models can vary slightly in cooking time, so be sure to keep an eye on your air fryer turkey bacon during the last couple of minutes of cook time.
- Our recipe will work whether you have a basket-style air frier or an oven one.
If you’re wondering what method does the best job at making crispy turkey bacon, that would hands down be the air fryer! Just be sure to flip it halfway through cooking to brown and crisp it evenly. Microwave turkey bacon often turns out rubbery and air frying turkey bacon turns out more crispy than cooking it in the oven.
Yes, but be sure to read the package to find exactly how many carbs are in your bacon. We used Trader Joes brand which has 1 net carb per slice. It does include a trace amount of sugar, so if you are following a strict keto you may want to find a different brand. How many carbs in turkey bacon will vary from brand to brand. And remember, the carbs are listed per serving.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- 4-8 slices turkey bacon
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F for 5 minutes.
- Cook the turkey bacon for a total of 7-9 minutes, flipping the bacon halfway after 4 minutes. Our bacon was on the crispy side after 8 minutes of cooking time. If you prefer soft turkey bacon cook it for less time and check it after 6 minutes for the desired degree of doneness for softer turkey bacon.
- Serve the bacon immediately with your favorite breakfast sides.
Turkey bacon often comes 8 slices to a pack, split the bacon into two batches if you're cooking all of it.
Be sure to preheat the air fryer to make sure it cooks evenly.
Air fryer models can vary, check the bacon for doneness a couple minutes before the recipe says by chance you have a model that cooks faster.
The recipe works for either a basket style air fryer or an air fryer oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 30Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 25mgSodium 327mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g