When you cook Instant Pot bacon you know that dinner is about to be seriously amazing! Whether you are looking for a few strips cooked without the splatter, or are prepping an amazing soup or casserole that calls for bacon, when you start with this bacon instant pot recipe, your whole house knows that dinner has been started.
Cooking up in less than 10-minutes, and saving you time and mess, cooking bacon in the Instant Pot is the quick and easy way to make your dishes a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Bacon in Instant Pot
We make bacon frequently in our home. It's simply a go-to food option whether we are baking bacon as part of a meal prep cooking day, sauteing chopped bacon for soup, or looking for a few slices to make a classic BLT with.
The reality is, we love bacon. And bacon really loves to be part of a plethora of our recipes.
What kinds of Instant Pot recipes using bacon can we make? Well, how about this creamy Italian tortellini soup? When we start the dish with some Instant Pot bacon the whole recipe benefits! Same both our instant pot chicken crack soup and pressure cooker loaded potato soup. And that is just the start of the endless possibilities that you can use Instant Pot bacon with.
When we said at the beginning that we love bacon and all the amazing ways it can be cooked, we weren't kidding! If you are looking for additional ways to prepare bacon, look no further than our air fryer turkey bacon, bacon in an air fryer, bacon in the oven recipes.
Why You'll Love This!
- Cooking up in just 7-minutes, Instant Pot bacon is the perfect way to start your meal off with some great flavors and aromas!
- The high sides of your pressure cooker's pot mean you can make bacon easily without worying about getting splattered by grease when you cook bacon in your Instant Pot.
- Bacon is the permitted on just about every healthy eating plan there is incluidng gluten-free, low-carb, keto, paleo, and dairy-free.
- Our bacon in Instant Pot recipe is perfect for meal prep, starting a soup or stew, or adding a crispy topping to a meal.
To get started with your Instant Pot bacon you are going to need just 3 things - your Instant Pot, some olive oil, and your favorite cut of bacon.
- bacon - raw
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- You can make this bacon in Instant Pot recipe using either regular pork bacon, turkey bacon, or thick-cut bacon. Thicker bacon could take longer to cook than thinner slices.
A Pressure Cooker - This is the Instant Pot model that we used.
Step by Step Instructions
Similar to traditional methods, Instant Pot bacon is going to be fried in the pressure cooker using the saute feature. We have tried a few different methods and techniques and now we are going to share with you the best method in our bacon in Instant Pot recipe so you too can make perfect bacon every time.
Turn the Instant Pot to Saute High and wait until the pot reads Hot before starting to cook.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the bottom of the pot to help prevent the bacon from sticking.
Lay the bacon strips in the Instant Pot leaving a little room on all sides. About 5 whole strips will fit in the pot.
The bacon will take about 7 minutes to cook in total for perfectly crisp bacon.
Be sure to flip the bacon over halfway through cooking.
Remove the bacon from the pot and drain the grease (or save it for recipes!). For easy clean-up, add a little water to the pot to deglaze the stuck-on bits on the bottom of the pot.
- While you may want to add your bacon sooner, it is imperative that you wait for your Instant Pot to read 'Hot' before you begin cooking your bacon. This ensures the pot is a hot as possible.
- Adding oil to the pot helps prevent your bacon from sticking to the bottom of the pressure cookers.
- Leave space between your bacon slices so it can cook on all sides.
- At the 7-minute mark, our bacon was perfectly crisp. If you prefer your bacon softer, reduce your cooking time by a minute or so.
Instant Pot bacon can be used any way you would serve fried or baked bacon, but we are partial to using bacon in the Instant Pot as the start of a delicious dinner including creamy Italian tortellini soup, chicken crack soup, or loaded potato soup.
If you have any leftovers after cooking your bacon using our bacon in Instant Pot recipe, simply store it in the fridge in a covered container for up to 5 days.
Yes, bacon can be fried in a pot. While most people cook bacon in a skillet or cast iron pan, or even bake it in the oven, bacon can be fried in a pot on the stove as well. Just be sure to add extra oil to the pot since it'll be more likely to stick.
For perfectly crisp bacon, it will take about 7 minutes for whole slices and 4-5 minutes for small cut up pieces.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes?
- Instant Pot Italian Sausage
- Zuppa Toscana Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Stuffed Pepper Soup (Instant Pot)
More Bacon Recipes
Looking for more bacon recipes?