Learn how to cook bacon in the oven the easy way! Making bacon in the oven at 375 F is seriously the ideal cooking temperature. Some people prefer to cook it at 350 or 400 F, but our favorite is 375 F so you have more control over the cooking time and the bacon doesn't accidentally overcook.
✅ Get our FREE healthy meal prep printables + meal plan! 🥑
Mmmmm, is there truly a better smell and taste out there than just cooked bacon in the morning?
Once you start cooking bacon in the oven you'll never go back to frying it in the pan. Who knew you could cook tons of bacon all at once and be totally hands off? Whether you prefer your bacon nice and crisp or if you like it a little softer, baking bacon.....I'm fairly certain....will become your favorite cooking method too!
Did you know it's also easy to cook turkey bacon in the oven, air fryer bacon, or even Instant Pot bacon too? We have even more bacon recipes if you're bacon obsessed like we are!
Oven Baked Bacon Ingredients
To make oven baked bacon, you mostly just need one ingredient....the bacon of course! Our favorite is an apple wood smoked kind we get from our grocery store meat counter. Feel free to use whichever bacon is your favorite for this recipe. Seasonings are totally optional.
- 1 lb bacon
- Optional seasonings- pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper
Our most common way to cook bacon is without adding a sprinkle of extra seasoning. We usually save the extra kick for a special brunch or holiday breakfast.
Here's a list of our favorite kitchen supplies for cooking bacon in the oven. The only one technically required is a baking sheet, but the other items just make the job even easier.
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
There are a few things to know before you start cooking bacon in the oven.
The thickness of your bacon can impact how long it takes bacon to cook. So while I'm sure you're wanting to know how long does it take to cook bacon in the oven at 375 F...the answer really depends on the type of bacon you purchase and your personal preference on whether you prefer crisp or softer bacon.
Even purchasing brand name packaged bacon seems to vary in thickness from week to week when we purchase it. Clearly, the thicker your bacon the longer it will take to cook. We highly recommend the first time you go to cook oven-baked bacon, to keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn and to also get the feel for how long it takes to cook your favorite brand of bacon.
- Preheat your oven to 375 and move the oven rack to the middle position.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy clean-up.
- Lay the bacon in strips on the pan, making sure not to overlap and crowd the bacon pieces. Cook the bacon for 10 minutes and then check it for doneness. Continue cooking the bacon for 10+ more minutes depending on your personal preference. We usually cook apple wood smoked bacon for a total of 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place between two sheets of paper towels to help absorb the kitchen grease.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
More Bacon Recipes
If you're looking for more bacon recipes, you'll want to check these out!
- Low carb bacon egg cups
- Wilted Spinach salad with hot bacon dressing
- Brussel sprout casserole with bacon
- Cold broccoli salad
- Cooking bacon in an air fryer
Leave a Reply