If you're looking for an easy way to dress up your standard bacon and eggs, look no further than these delicious bacon and egg cups!
Whether you want to eat these every morning, eat them as a low carb snack on the go or serve them for a special brunch, these creamy bacon and egg cups are truly divine.
The only mistake I made was not preparing enough of them as my family gobbled them down all in one sitting. These are a go-to family item that I honestly think we could eat every day!
To take these from the classic bacon and egg cups, we stepped it up a notch by adding in a layer of parmesan at the bottom to form a bottom crust, we garnished with a sprinkle of more cheese and fresh herbs, and before baking, we finished each egg cup off with a splash of decadent whipping cream.
In addition to being such a versatile dish, this is a super easy recipe to adapt to whatever you have on hand.
Don't have parmesan? Use cheddar.
Don't have cheese? Skip the cheese.
Don't have bacon? Use ham.
You get the idea. 😉
A standard-sized muffin tin.
- 6-12 eggs
- 6-12 slices of bacon
- parmesan cheese
- cheddar cheese
- fine sea salt or garlic salt
- black pepper
- fresh herbs such as chives or parsley
How to Make Bacon Egg Muffin Cups
To perfectly cook the bacon and egg cups so you end up with crisp bacon and over medium eggs, you'll need to partially cook the bacon before adding the eggs.
Preheat your own to 400 and bake the bacon on a baking sheet placed on the center rack until starting to brown but still easy to bend. This should take 8-9 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon.
Let cool slightly to make it easier to handle the bacon.
Grease a standard muffin tin, wrap each muffin cup with a slice of partially cooked bacon and sprinkle a little parmesan to lightly cover the bottom of each cup.
Carefully crack one egg into each of the cups.
Add a sprinkle of fresh chives and parmesan, if desired (optional).
Bake the eggs on the center oven rack for 10-12 minutes.
How long you cook your eggs depends on how you like them! Our family prefers eggs over medium, which means the yolk is mostly cooked but still has a little bit of runniness. For us, that was 10 minutes.
If you prefer a firm yolk, that will take around 12 minutes.
Even if your yolks get completely cooked, they are still delicious because of the added cheese and. bacon.
Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Cook Bacon In The Oven
- 6 Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipes - Perfect for Busy Mornings!
- 9 Yummy Healthy Breakfast Ideas You'll Be So Surprised They're Keto!
- 12 bacon slices, uncooked
- cooking spray
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½+ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- Fine sea salt or garlic salt (to taste )
- Ground bllack pepper (to taste )
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the bacon on a baking sheet in the center of the oven for 8-9 minutes, depending on the bacon thickness. Cook until it's lightly browned but still completely bendable. Let cool until able to handle.
- Grease a standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Wrap each slice of bacon in each muffin tin cup, trying to get the bacon as close to the muffin tin outer edge as you can.
- Sprinkle a little parmesan and shredded cheddar cheese to lightly cover the bottom of each cup.
- Carefully crack an egg into each of the cups.
- Add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Bake the eggs on the center oven rack for 10-12 minutes, or until your desired egg doneness. 10 minutes will have a softer yolk, and 12 minutes will cook the egg through.
- Garnish with salt, pepper, and fresh chives. Serve immediately.
Shred the cheddar cheese from a block of cheese instead of using pre-shredded cheese since it adds hidden starches and doesn't melt as well.
You can skip the cheese to make these dairy free.
Turkey bacon can be used in place of pork bacon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bellemain Heavy Duty Aluminum Half Sheet Pan, 18" x 13" x 1"
Baking Paper Cups Cupcake Muffin Liners Wrappers, Tulip shaped, unbleached and chemical free by Velesco
Silicone Muffin Pan Cupcake Set - Mini 24 Cups and Regular 12 Cups Muffin Tin, Nonstick BPA Free Food Grade Silicone Molds with 12 Silicone Baking Cups
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 148Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 202mgSodium 373mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 11g