Finding quick and healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss makes weekdays simpler and takes the guesswork out of what to cook.
I'm sure like many of us, you don't mind eating the same dish 2-3 times in a week as long as it's good food, tasty, and easy to put together. Even better? They're all less than 500 calories per serving and most take less than 30 minutes to make! It's a Whole Lotta Yum!
Healthy Meal Prep Ideas
This collection of 30+ quick and healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss for breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all lower calorie, include healthy fats, and most use lean protein sources.
Ready to get prepping? Here's a list of some of our favorite meal prep containers! Planning meals in advance is one of the keys to meal prep for weight loss success.
- Plastic BPA free meal prep containers – We love these, especially for meals that don’t need to be reheated, but even if they do, they’re BPA free. Buying a sturdy plastic container is the least expensive way for low carb and keto meal prep.
- Glass Meal Prep Containers – 5 pack – Glass meal prep containers work great for your low carb lunch, they heat well and are very sturdy. The downside to using glass is they’re heavier, they cost more, and don’t stack as well as the plastic containers.
- Souper Freezer Cubes - great for freezing extra meals or soups in 2 cup sizes.
Meal Prep Lunch Bowls
Here are 5 weight loss meal prep recipes served in a bowl that you can take on the go for lunch or make in advance for dinner.
Shrimp Avocado Mango Bowls
Get our Shrimp Avocado salad bowl recipe that's terrific for meal prep lunches when you want something light and refreshing. Inspired by Mexican shrimp ceviche, it features cooked shrimp, avocado, a touch of sweetness from the mango, and a little bit of crunch from cucumber.
377 calories per 1 ⅓ cup serving, 25 mins from start to finish (serves 4)
Eggroll in a Bowl
A 15 minute recipe, 425 calories per serving (makes 4 meal prep servings)
If you haven't yet tried eggroll in a bowl, you're in for a treat! This weight watchers version uses ground chicken instead of ground pork and takes all of your favorite eggroll toppings and makes a "deconstructed eggroll".
This will seriously become one of your go-to meal prep for weight loss ideas whether it's for lunch or dinner. Serve alongside crispy fresh veggies or with coleslaw.
BBQ Chicken Bowl
A healthy BBQ chicken bowl with sweet potatoes and a healthy coleslaw recipe on the side. We used an air fryer to cook the chicken and sweet potatoes but other methods are great too!
Low Carb Taco Bowl
437 calories per serving (makes 4 bowls ) Just 15-20 minutes to make! While the meat cooks on the stove, chop the veggies.
You won't believe how fast and easy it is to make these ground turkey, lean ground beef, or chicken taco bowls, an easy taco salad is always a favorite! Easy to customize to make it dairy free or Whole30.
Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
Thai chopped chicken salad by Whole Lotta Yum
A 2o minute recipe, 344 calories per serving (makes 6 meal prep servings)
You won't miss Thai food takeout when you can make this weight loss lunch meal prep version. The salad keeps for days in the fridge since it uses veggies that stay crisp. Store the dressing separately. It'll definitely become one of your new faves!
Smoked Salmon Sushi Bowls
265 calories per bowl (with cauliflower rice) | 15 mins to prep | makes 4 servings
Get that homemade sushi fix by making your favorite Japanese inspired meal prep recipe to lose weight right at home anytime sushi cravings strike. Even better? This smoked salmon bowl skips the rice and uses cauliflower rice to make lunch even lighter.
Chicken Burrito Bowl
499 calories per bowl, 20 minutes to prep starting with healthy canned ingredients
Healthy meal prep doesn't get any easier than our healthy chicken burrito bowls. It's so easy to make swaps depending on your dietary preferences. This packs so much flavor you don't need any cheese, they're naturally gluten free, sugar free, and simple to make dairy free too.
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup cucumbers, sliced (we used TJ Persian)
- Tomatoes, cut into small wedges 8 oz
- Feta cheese, 8 oz cut into small cubes or crumbled
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts, precooked
- 1 lb cauliflower rice, sauteed
- 4 cups lettuce
- tzatziki sauce, 1 tablespoon per bowl
- fresh dill, optional garnish
- ¼ cup+ red wine vinegar dressing
- Slice the chicken and set it aside
- Make the Greek salad
- Cook the cauliflower rice
- Assemble the Greek chicken salad bowls
Greek Salad Recipe
- Prep the Greek salad vegetables by slicing the onions, cucumber, and green pepper, and cutting the tomato into sections.
- Add the vegetables to a medium-sized bowl and add the red wine vinegar dressing, dill, and feta cheese crumbles. Combine well and set aside.
Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Heat a medium-size non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan.
- Add the 1 lb bag of cauliflower rice to the pan and saute it until the cauliflower is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You'll be layering the vegetables in a bowl or meal prep container. Place the chopped lettuce in the bottom of the bowl.
- Top the lettuce with the Greek salad.
- Add cauliflower rice and top it with a sliced pre-cooked chicken breast. Serve and enjoy! This is a great recipe for meal prep lunches or dinner and makes 4 servings.
Simplify the recipe by making Greek chicken salad meal prep bowls using pre-cooked chicken, store-bought tzatziki, and pre-cooked cauliflower rice.
This is an easy recipe to make swaps like skipping the cauliflower rice, adding shrimp instead of chicken, or leaving out any vegetable you don't want in the salad, or adding avocado.
The salads will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Be sure to pin this to Pinterest so you can find it again later!
V V V