Healthy baked oatmeal cups loaded with peanut butter, banana, and chocolate chips are a tasty, nutritious breakfast or snack that is perfect for any time of day. Each cup is made with healthy ingredients and packed with wholesome grains — it's a Whole Lotta Yum!
✅ Get our FREE healthy meal prep printables + meal plan! 🥑
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cups
Baked oatmeal banana cups are a great way to start your day with a healthy and tasty breakfast. These treats are packed with protein and complex carbohydrates so they provide lasting energy throughout the morning and make an easy snack when you're on the run.
Plus, these peanut butter banana cups are customizable! You can add nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, or cocoa powder to the batter for additional texture and flavor.
Baked oatmeal banana cups are also perfect for meal prepping. You can make several at once, store them in the refrigerator or freezer, and enjoy them throughout the week!
Why You'll Love This!
- Like our baked oatmeal but in cup form! Great for meal prep since they are easy to freeze or grab and go. Lasts for 5 days in the fridge.
- A healthier high-fiber version of chocolate chip banana muffins or banana bread.
- Packed full of flavor and nutrients for your kiddo's lunch box, picnic, or long family trip.
- Delicious but cheap too! Grocery costs keep going up, bring it back to basics with oatmeal and bananas.
🥣 Healthy Baked Oatmeal Cup Ingredients
A few baking pantry staples in combination with those bananas you're unsure what to do with. Breakfast meal prep to the rescue!
We buy most of our healthy pantry staples at Thrive Market, you can get a great discount on your first box with our discount code (affiliate link). They're cheaper than grocery store prices and they deliver right to your doorstep!
- Ripe bananas - Dark brown bananas will yield the sweetest banana flavor. If you're planning ahead, toss your bananas in the fridge to brown overnight.
- Creamy peanut butter - Any nut butter can be used. You can also use creamy peanut butter or crunchy. Without sugar is preferred.
- Large eggs - Eggs too expensive?! Going egg-free can be easy by making a chia egg. 1 chia egg can be made by adding 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Milk - Swap milk for almond milk, coconut, or oat milk to make it dairy free! (If you are going dairy-free, make sure to also use dairy free chocolate chips!)
- Old-fashioned rolled oats - In a pinch quick oats can be used in place of old-fashioned oats. I wouldn't recommend using steel-cut oats.
- Maple syrup - Pure maple syrup is ideal. Swap maple syrup for brown sugar, coconut sugar, or honey.
- Baking powder - To substitute 1 teaspoon of baking powder, combine together ¼ teaspoon of baking soda and ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- Spices - Ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg provide a delicious warmth. Swap these spices out with an apple pie mix or pumpkin pie spice.
- Salt - Even sweet treats need salt too.
- Milk chocolate chips - We love Lakanto or Lilly brand sugar-free chocolate chips but any brand will work. Try dark chocolate chips for a richer flavor.
Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities
- You can make banana nut oatmeal cups by swapping the chocolate chips for nuts such as chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Make mini oatmeal cups with mini chocolate chips.
- Muffin tin either metal or silicone
🧁 How to Make Baked Oatmeal Cups
An easy and quick to prepare recipe that even the kids can help with, as simple as mixing, baking, and eating!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana with the peanut butter, then whisk in the eggs and milk.
In a separate medium-size bowl, mix the oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet banana mixture and combine. Fold in the milk chocolate chips.
Grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or use paper muffin cups or silicone muffin liners.
Spoon about ⅓ cup of the oat mixture per muffin (a little more than ¾ full each).
Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top before baking.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow cups to cool slightly on a cooling rack before eating. Serve warm.
🍪 Dietary Substitutions
As written baked oatmeal cups are: Gluten free as long as you're using certified gluten-free rolled oats.
Dairy free: Swap milk for either almond milk, unsweetened almond milk, coconut, or oat milk to make it dairy free! (If you are going dairy-free, make sure to also use dairy free chocolate chips!)
Vegan: Use a chia seed egg in place of the large eggs.
💡Oatmeal Cups To Go Recipe Tips
- We donʼt recommend making oatmeal cups ahead of time, the rolled oats absorb the liquid and expand. Assemble the recipe right before baking for the best results.
- You can also make this recipe in a 9x9 inch baking dish and change the bake time to 35-40 minutes as we did with our berry baked oatmeal recipe.
Store Baked Oatmeal Cups in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze baked oatmeal cups for up to 3 months. To freeze: allow cups to cool completely, wrap them up individually with plastic wrap or place them into an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. When you are ready to serve, either thaw overnight or microwave one cup for 30+ seconds.
Serve with fresh fruit, yogurt, jam, or more peanut or almond butter alone. They are of course great by themselves for a quick and easy on-the-go snack or meal!
Not allowing your baked oatmeal cups to bake long enough will result in a mushy center. Setting a timer is crucial as the top will look fully baked before the inside is.
Reheat oatmeal cups or a single oatmeal cup on a microwave-safe plate covered with a microwave cover or damp towel. Warm for 15-20 seconds, they don't take much time to heat.
😋 More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
If you're looking for more easy to go breakfast recipes, check out some of our recent posts!
- Healthy Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries
- Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds~ 3 Ways
- Gluten Free Vegan Granola
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Cheesy Bacon Egg Cups
💌 Get Meal Prep Help!
📌 Pin for Later
📌 Be sure to pin the recipe to Pinterest so you can easily find it again! ⬆️