Easy pulled pork lettuce wraps that are mouthwatering and full of tender pulled pork. Low carb and packed with flavor, our shredded pork is served on butter lettuce and topped with a keto-friendly BBQ sauce and coleslaw.
Soon to be one of your favorite pulled pork recipes. We used our Instant pulled pork recipe but also have instructions for slow cooker pulled pork below~ or feel free to use store-bought shredded pork! Our homemade pork rub and coleslaw dressing will have you craving for seconds, it's THAT good. It really is a Whole Lotta Yum!
✅ Get our FREE healthy meal prep printables + meal plan! 🥑
Keto Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Making shredded pork is so easy and still results in a delicious fall-apart tender pork roast. Or perhaps you have leftover pulled pork and you're looking for creative ways to use it up.
Shredded pork is such a versatile recipe and ingredient. Tasty on its own but it can be dressed up and added to any keto dish that calls for meat. We love making shredded pork shoulder on Sundays to prep for the week ahead. The flavors will only deepen as it soaks up more of the cooking liquid while it sits in the fridge.
Lettuce wraps are such a fun food, much like tacos, you can customize each one to your liking. Try a BLT lettuce wrap, or this Asian chicken lettuce wrap recipe. If you can put it in a sandwich, you can put it in a lettuce wrap.
If shredded meats are your thing, you'll love our shredded Mexican chicken in the slow cooker or the Instant pot. This shredded buffalo chicken dip makes for a great snack or appetizer. Top tip, use your Kitchenaid to shred your meat for you!
Why You'll Love This!
- Great for meal prep- When you're short on time during the week Instant Pot pulled pork is quick and easy to prepare.
- Super yummy- There is no loss of flavor in our keto pulled pork recipe. Sweet, savory and full of yummy juices.
- Quick and easy! Just a few ingredients and a little bit of time.
- Healthy - Perfect for anyone following a keto diet. This keto pulled pork recipe is also dairy and gluten free.
- BBQ pulled pork wraps are an easy recipe to make when you're looking for leftover pulled pork recipes!
🥘 Keto Pulled Pork Ingredients
A beautifully tender piece of pork butt. For the best cut with the perfect amount of fat, seek out a local butcher.
- Pork Butt, bone-in (or pork shoulder roast) - Pork butt or pork shoulder (Boston butt) are both great options for this recipe as their high in fats.
- Pork rub mix - Our homemade rub mix is guaranteed to be an easy keto version. For sweetness, we use golden erythritol or month fruit. There are instructions below for the rub. If you a keto pork rub already then you're all set!
- Extra virgin olive oil - Ghee or butter will work as well.
- Chicken broth - To pack in the nutrients and protein, use a chicken bone broth, or you can use beef or vegetable broth too.
- BBQ sauce - Sweet Baby Ray's makes a great barbecue sauce (with minimal added sugar and adds very few additional carbs), if you're strict keto be sure to use a keto bbq sauce that is sugar-free.
- Butter lettuce leaves - Butter lettuce will often times come in a plastic container, this lettuce can also be called "butterhead" or "bib lettuce".
- Coleslaw and more BBQ sauce for serving - Use a prepackaged coleslaw mix and our recipe in the instructions to dress it up in a keto friendly way.
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Pulled pork sliders: Prepare the keto pulled pork recipe and instead of using lettuce cups, use Hawaiian rolls.
- Make a wrap or burrito: Use your favorite wrap to put together a handheld burrito. Add some pickled red onion!
- Tacos: Mexican pulled pork tacos topped with slaw an avocado cream sauce in a warmed corn tortilla. Delish!
🔪 How to Make Pulled Pork Wraps
We provide easy steps to give you the best pulled pork recipe without fuss. It's just a matter of making the 5 minute rub, cooking the pork, making coleslaw, and assembling your pork wraps! This turns into a 15 minute meal with store bought rub, pork, and coleslaw mix~ but of course it's hard to beat the flavor of homemade ingredients.
Make the pork rub mix
While we're obsessed with our homemade pork rub recipe you can use your favorite store-bought brand to save time!
In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, 2 tablespoon fine sea salt, 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, and ½ teaspoon golden erythritol or month fruit (optional).
If you make the homemade rub, it's more than you need for this recipe and it can be stored for other uses.
Cook the Pulled Pork
We're showing you how to make Instant Pot pulled pork, it's the quickest way to get juicy, succulent meat!
Preheat the Instant Pot to saute high and heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the pot.
Cut the pork roast into 4 large pieces. If your meat is bone-in, the chinks won't be even and the bone will be attached to one of them. Sprinkle the pork with the rub mix.
Sear the pork roast pieces on each side for 3-4 minutes until brown. It'll be a snug fit in the pot, but all pork pieces will fit.
Deglaze the pot: Press the cancel button to stop the pot from cooking. Remove the pork pieces and set them aside on a plate. Add the chicken broth to the pot and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
Add the pork back to the Instant Pot and pour ½ cup+ of BBQ sauce over the top.
Cook the meat for 60 minutes on manual high (some models call this high-pressure cook). Do a natural release for 10 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure in the pot.
Let the pork cool down for 5-10 minutes before transferring it to a large bowl. Add a little liquid from the pot, if desired, and shred the meat with two forks.
Make the Coleslaw
To make our easy keto coleslaw, in a small bowl combine: 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoon monk fruit or erythritol, 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, and ½ cup - ¾ cup mayo.
Combine the dressing (to taste) with 1 bag of shredded coleslaw mix.
To each lettuce leaf add a little coleslaw, pulled pork, and more BBQ sauce if desired. Serve BBQ sauce on the side as well. Enjoy!
🥗 Dietary Substitutions
As written this pulled pork recipe is keto friendly, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
- Whole30/Paleo: Use a Whole30 compliant bbq sauce and a Whole30 mayo for the coleslaw dressing. One of our favorite brands is Primal Kitchen.
💡 Recipe Tips
- To simplify the recipe you can use your favorite store-bought rub or packaged coleslaw mix with dressing. We've included our sugar-free pork rub and healthy coleslaw recipe links since they're low-carb recipes made without sugar.
- To make the pulled pork in a crockpot, brown the seasoned pork in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat seasoned with oil. Add the pork, chicken broth, and BBQ sauce to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours and low for 6-8 hours until the meat is falling apart. Then shred.
- Shred your pork in seconds using your KitchenAid! Check out this post about how we shred chicken in 20 seconds.
- Feel free to use store-bought shredded pork to save you time!
🥡 Storing and Reheating
- Storing: Allow your pork to cool to room temperature before storing. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freezing: To freeze, I would recommend portioning the pork in freezer-safe bags or containers. This is especially helpful when you need just a little at a time. Thaw overnight in the fridge. When properly sealed, ideally with the use of a vacuum sealer, your pork will last up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Reheating: Reheating low and slow will help your pork retain all of its moisture. So heating in the oven or a slow cooker is ideal, the microwave can be used in a pinch when you're reheated your lunchtime pulled pork leftovers!
Lettuce wraps with BBQ pulled pork are almost a meal in itself, but if you're serving to a larger crowd serve our egg salad with pickles or any of these 15 keto friendly salad recipes. You can also top your lettuce wraps with some fresh pickled red onions.
To make the pulled pork in a crockpot, brown the seasoned pork in a large skillet over medium heat seasoned with oil. Add the pork, chicken broth, and BBQ sauce to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours until the meat is falling apart. Then shred.
😋 More of the Best Keto Recipes
While we have many keto recipes you're sure to love, any of these recipes could also incorporate the BBQ pulled pork. Enjoy!
- Low Carb Keto Chicken Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Bowl
- 25 Easy Keto Bowl to Meal Prep
💌 Get Meal Prep Help!
📌 Pin for Later
📌 Be sure to pin the recipe to Pinterest so you can easily find it again! ⬆️