This buffalo chicken dip keto recipe, with cream cheese and shredded chicken, is the best choice when you need a crowd-pleasing appetizer that is versatile and flavorful! You can create this on the fly because our low-carb buffalo chicken dip is ready in less than 30-minutes, perfectly seasoned, and a WHOLE LOTTA YUM.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
We weren’t always a fan of Frank’s Red Hot sauce or buffalo chicken dip in our home until we began experimenting. Our first success led us to create a slow-cooker buffalo chicken dip that was a hit every time we served it.
Today, we have a buffalo chicken dip keto recipe without ranch dressing packets, that is faster than the slow-cooker version but still complies with keto, low-carb, and gluten-free eaters… without sacrificing any of the flavor or texture that you love in a buffalo chicken dip.
This buffalo chicken dip keto recipe can be served any way you love your buffalo chicken dip, but we do recommend a wide variety of low-carb and gluten-free options such as celery sticks, homemade cheese crackers, and pepperoni chips. Other popular sides include chips, crackers, and tortillas.
Buffalo chicken dip is generally served as part of an appetizer platter, served with a variety of dipping options. Turn your buffalo chicken keto dip into a low-carb wrap by utilizing a lettuce leaf or low-carb tortilla. Either way you serve it, you are going to love how quick and easy this buffalo dip comes together!
Why You’ll Love This!
- Made with pre-cooked chicken, our buffalo chicken dip keto recipe is ready in just 20-minutes!
- Incorporating multiple types of cheese, including cream cheese and cheddar, this low-carb buffalo chicken dip contains all of the fat a keto lifestyle needs.
- Seasoned with garlic salt and Franks’ Red Hot, our buffalo chicken dip has all the flavor a great buffalo chicken dip needs.
Be sure to check out our other keto dips including Instant Pot spinach artichoke dip and green chili dip with artichokes! All of our keto recipes are created with 2 things in mind: dietary compliance and flavor, and we never sacrifice on either. 😉
The best part of our buffalo chicken dip keto recipe is how easily it all comes together.
- chicken – cooked & shredded (if your chicken isn’t cooked, use our boiled chicken breast recipe or our frozen chicken breast recipe to get it done quickly!)
- cream cheese – softened and cut into cubes
- sour cream
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- cheddar cheese – shredded
- garlic salt
- olive oil
- garnish – blue cheese, chives (optional)
Chicken – Use any variety of pre-cooked and shredded chicken, including rotisserie chicken to make your buffalo chicken dip keto recipe. The rotisserie chicken could make it saltier so we suggest not adding extra salt.
- Keto– We do recommend you use block cheese and shred it yourself to stay as low-carb and keto compliant as possible, and use full fat dairy products instead of lower fat which adds starchy fillers.
Step by Step Instructions
This keto buffalo chicken dip is a quick stove-top dip that needs just a few minutes of your time and the best ingredients your can find. Add a little heat, and get ready to make an amazing buffalo chicken dip!
Shred the cheddar cheese.
Add the olive oil to a medium-sized sauce pan or skillet and warm over medium heat.
Once the pan is heated, add the cooked and shredded chicken, the cream cheese cubes, sour cream, Franks Red Hot sauce, shredded cheese, and garlic salt.
Stir all ingredients and combine well.
Turn the heat down to medium low and cook until heated through. Typically this takes 7-10 minutes.
Stir frequently to help the mixture heat evenly.
Keep an eye on your dip. You don’t want the buffalo dip to boil.
As an optional step, sprinkle the dip with chopped chives and blue cheese crumbles before serving.
Serve warm with celery sticks, crackers, or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Makes about 3 cups of dip.
- If you are using either canned or rotisserie chicken, use garlic powder rather than garlic salt. Canned and rotisserie chicken tend to be salty.
- For best results, start with room temperature ingredients. This is especially helpful when combining cream cheese.
- Frequent stirring of your buffalo chicken dip with help it to cook evenly and prevent the mixture from boiling.
- Because you are using a lot of dairy, you do not want the dip to boil. As the chicken is pre-cooked, we are heating this through just to be able to serve a warm dip.
- To keep the dip warm while serving, utilize a small crock pot on warm or low heat.
How long does it keep?
Stored in a covered container, your buffalo chicken dip keto recipe will keep for 4-5 days. Simply reheat before serving either on the stove top or in the microwave until warm.
How to make keto buffalo chicken dip in a crockpot?
If you would prefer to use your crockpot, simply dump all ingredients into your slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on high for 1-2 hours until it is hot. Stir again before serving. Serve right from your crockpot.
Can I freeze buffalo chicken dip?
No. Due to the dairy in this recipe, it would not reheat well.
More Keto Appetizer Recipes
Are you looking for more keto appetizers?
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon and Cream Cheese
- Boursin Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- Bacon Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers Recipe (Oven+Air Fryer Directions!)
- Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Garnish- blue cheese, chives (optional)
- Add 2 tsp of olive oil to a medium-sized saucepan or skillet on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Once the pan is heated, add the cooked and shredded chicken, the cream cheese cubes, sour cream, Franks Red Hot sauce, shredded cheese, and garlic salt to a medium saucepan or skillet.
- Stir all ingredients and combine well.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and cook until heated through, which will take about 7-10 minutes. You don't want the mix to boil so keep the temperature below the point for your stove where it's cooking but not bubbling. Make sure to stir now and then.
- As an optional step, sprinkle the dip with chopped chives and blue cheese crumbles before serving.
- Serve warm with celery sticks, crackers, or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- Makes about 3 cups of dip.
Transfer to a mini crockpot if you have one if you're serving this for a party and want to keep it warm or you can microwave it if needed.
The recipe uses shredded chicken from chicken breast or tenders meat, canned chicken can be substituted but is much more compact so cut back on the amount of chicken added to the recipe.
If you're using rotisserie chicken meat, cut back on the salt or cut it out completely since rotisserie chicken is salted.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 53mgSodium 551mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 10g
CALL TO ACTION (Jen will add code for email list form if it relates)