An easy skillet chicken alfredo without pasta in just 20 minutes! Make a delicious and creamy keto chicken alfredo recipe with quick pan-fried chicken cubes and an easy homemade alfredo sauce. Serve with steamed broccoli for a quick comfort food dinner. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
✅ Get our FREE healthy meal prep printables + meal plan! 🥑
Skillet Chicken Alfredo
When most of us think of Italian food, Alfredo chicken is one of the first things that come to mind. Alfredo sauce is thick, rich, delicious, and creamy. Since alfredo sauce is made with heavy whipping cream, it works great for people eating low carb, gluten-free, or keto since it's made with basic ingredients and no flour.
Combine in with chicken and a healthy veggie on the side and you have the perfect hearty meal that your whole favorite will love and devour.
We're combining easy pan-fried chicken cubes with our easy 5-minute quick alfredo sauce with heavy whipping cream to give you a 15-minute simple weeknight dinner!
Why You'll Love This Chicken Alfredo Keto Recipe!
- Full of flavor - describe the flavor
- Great for meal prep! How can it be used
- Super moist and juicy - what makes it so special?
- We show you how to freeze it for later!
Our chicken alfredo without pasta just uses basic easy to find ingredients.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts - you could also use bone-in and cut the meat off of the bone, chicken tenderloins, or boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- fine sea salt
- ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heavy whipping cream - used to make the sauce extra thick and creamy
- shredded parmesan cheese - or parmesan regganio. Either pre-shredded or freshly shredded cheese from a block work great for making the sauce
- salted butter - if you have unsalted butter you may need to add a pinch of salt to the final sauce
- garlic cloves - freshly minced, jar garlic, or frozen garlic cubes
- chopped fresh parsley- as a garnish at the end
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
Supplies You'll Need
- Large skillet for cooking the chicken and sauce. We love cast iron for giving the chicken a crispy golden brown exterior.
How to Make Keto Chicken Alfredo
There's just a couple of basic steps for making keto chicken alfredo! Pan fry the chicken breast cubes in a skillet, make our 5-minute Alfredo sauce recipe, and then combine them all together. So simple!
Cook the Chicken in a Skillet
Step 1: Sprinkle the chicken cubes with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Step 2: Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat the skillet over medium-high heat.
Step 3: Add the chicken cubes to the pan. Brown the chicken brown on one side for about 3 minutes until they're golden brown, and then flip them over and cook that side for 3 minutes. Set the chicken aside on a plate covered with foil.
Make the Sauce
Step 4: Reduce the skillet to medium-low. Melt the butter cubes.
Step 5: Mix in the heavy whipping cream, minced garlic, the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Step 6: Add the shredded parmesan cheese in batches (to prevent clumping) until it's melted, stirring constantly.
Step 7: Bring the alfredo sauce to a simmer (do not let it boil) and add the chicken cubes back to the pan. Heat 1-2 more minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 F. The sauce will continue to thicken upon standing. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- If your chicken is sticking to the pan when you go to flip it, it isn't ready to flip.
- Don't overcrowd the chicken or it won't brown as well. Work in batches if you don't have a large skillet.
- Serve the chicken bites with steamed broccoli, roasted veggies, pasta, rice, or cauliflower rice.
- Olive oil and butter are combined to give the chicken sauce a bit of buttery flavor. Butter has a low smoke point and burns quickly so must be added after the olive oil to prevent burning. You can also skip the butter and just use more olive oil if preferred.
What to Serve With Alfredo Chicken
- Serve it with steamed veggies like broccoli, green beans, or asparagus
- Mix in cooked broccoli at the end to make a keto chicken alfredo with broccoli
- Serve it over low carb noodles like zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or hearts of palm pasta.
- Combine it with cooked broccoli, top it with cheese, broil and you have a chicken alfredo casserole.
- Make a simple side salad
Storing & Reheating
- Store: Store the keto chicken alfredo in an air-tight container, it'll last for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Freeze: Leftovers can be frozen for up to 1 month in a freezer-safe container or ZipLock bag.
- Reheat: Reheat leftover alfredo chicken in a skillet over medium low heat until it's warm and the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 F.
Fettuccine alfredo is a creamy Italian white sauce made with heavy whipping cream, butter, and parmesan cheese that gets combined with or served over fettuccine pasta.
Chicken alfredo uses the same alfredo sauce as fettuccine alfredo but adds chicken cubes or chicken breast slices. Chicken alfredo can mean alfredo sauce combined with boneless skinless chicken pieces or it can mean Fettuccine alfredo served with chicken served on top or mixed into the sauce.
If you're making an alfredo sauce with heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese, it's most likely already thick enough. If needed, you can add more parmesan cheese to thicken the sauce further. It will also thicken upon standing and cooling slightly.
Other ways to thicken alfredo sauce are by adding cream cheese, a thickener such as flour, corn starch, or xantham gum, or by adding another type of shredded cheese like mozzarella.
Adding salt and pepper to alfredo is often all that's needed for a flavorful alfredo. Other ideas include adding in dried basil, dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried Italian seasoning, a store-bought garlic herb seasoning, or adding in chopped fresh herbs like basil or oregano.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
You'll love these keto recipes for chicken breasts, thighs, or tenderloins!
- Marry me chicken
- Crock Pot butter chicken
- Chicken with mushroom sauce
- Crack chicken
- Baked stuffed chicken breast