Healthy and easy air fryer sausage and veggies! Make with your favorite pre-cooked sausages such as kielbasa or chicken sausage, this air fryer sausage and vegetables recipe is simple to customize. Low carb, healthy, and keto friendly. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
✅ Get our FREE healthy meal prep printables + meal plan! 🥑
Air Fryer Chicken Sausage and Veggies
Sausage and vegetables are seriously our family's favorite meal and we make them every single week! We love to air fry them, bake them, or saute them. It's easy to change up the veggies you're using and of course the type of sausage too! We most often use precooked chicken sausage but kielbasa sausage is also delish.
Looking for a quick meal prep option? Check. Need a low-carb, gluten-free dinner? Check. Craving a keto-friendly, Whole30 compliant dish? Check, check, check!
For a lighter meal, serve the air fryer sausage and vegetables with a simple green salad, cauliflower gnocchi, or cauliflower rice. You can also add potatoes, sweet potatoes, gnocchi, and rice on the side.
- precooked link sausage - Either precooked chicken sausage or kielbasa sausage works great here! We love Aidell's brand for chicken sausage (they make tons of flavors) but any brand will work.
- bell pepper - green, red, orange, or yellow. You can use a mix or instead of a whole bell pepper, sliced mini bell peppers taste great also.
- red onion - or yellow, white, or sweet onions
- zucchini squash
- bite size broccoli florets
- extra virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- optional seasonings - Italian seasoning, herbs de Provence, Cajun, etc.
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- With shrimp: Add in raw shrimp in the last 5 minutes of cooking time or add in pre-cooked shrimp in the last minute.
- With extra heat: Spice things up by adding a sprinkle of chili flakes.
- With different veggies: Swap in your favorite veggies like broccoli or cauliflower. You can also add cubed potatoes or sweet potatoes but cut them small so they'll cook when the other veggies do.
- Without meat: For our vegan friends, skip the sausage and add some tofu or tempeh.
- An Air fryer
- A Cutting board
- A Sharp knife
- A Mixing bowl
As written, this sausage and veggies recipe is low carb, keto, gluten free and dairy free.
- For a vegan version, replace the sausage with tofu or tempeh.
- For a Paleo-friendly recipe, ensure your sausage is paleo-compliant.
- For a Whole30 compliant dish, make sure your sausage is Whole30 approved.
How to Air Fry Sausage and Peppers
It's hard to beat a one dish meal easier than air fryer chicken sausage and veggies! Just slice the zucchini squash, broccoli, onion, bell peppers, and sausage, combine with seasoning, then air fry to perfection.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 F.
- Add the sliced sausages, bell peppers, onion, zucchini, and broccoli to a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and optional seasonings such as Italian seasoning or dried parsley and combine everything together.
3. Add the seasoned sausage and veggies to the air fryer basket, spreading them out. They won't be in a single layer, but you might need to cook this in 2 batches if you have a very small air fryer.
Air Fry the Sausage and Peppers
- Cook the air fryer sausage and veggies at 400 F for 12-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft, starting to brown, and are cooked through, shake or flip the sausage and veggie mix halfway during cooking.
- Adjust seasoning as preferred. Sprinkle with more herbs before serving as a garnish. This is great served with a side of rice or cauliflower rice.
Recipe Tips for Air Fryer Sausage and Vegetables
- If you're using kielbasa sausage, the packages often are sold in 12-14 oz ropes, you can just use 1 package instead of making it an exact 16 oz (1 lb) of protein.
- If you're using pre-cooked chicken sausage links, any of your favorite brands will work! We love the Aidell's flavored chicken sausages (roasted garlic gruyere is fantastic), Trader Joe's makes some good varieties too.
- This is an easy recipe to customize the vegetables! Other great options are cauliflower florets, green beans, mushrooms, and baby tomatoes. You can also add small cubed potatoes, squash, or sweet potatoes.
- This recipe is great for meal prep lunches or dinners too! We love to make more than one batch and divide it into meal prep containers for the week for lunch. Serve with cauliflower rice for low carb or brown rice, sweet potatoes, or quinoa.
- Storing: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezing: This dish can be frozen for up to 3 months.
How do you reheat sausage and veggies?
Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and heat for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
Chicken Sausage Meal Prep
We love to serve our air fryer sausage and peppers recipe as chicken sausage meal prep for the week! The recipe makes 4 servings, you can easily double it and cook it in 2 batches.
To meal prep chicken sausage and peppers or other veggies, simply divide between 4 meal prep containers, add cauliflower rice, rice, quinoa, or sweet potatoes on the side. The chicken sausage meal prep will last for 4 days in the fridge, plus you can freeze it too!
What to Do With Leftover Sausage and Peppers?
- Serve them over a bed of lettuce for a quick lunch.
- Make a frittata or use them as an omelet filling for a hearty breakfast.
- Stuff them in a sandwich for a quick on-the-go meal.
- Serve them over rice or quinoa for a filling dinner.
More Air Fryer Sausage Recipes
- air fryer chicken sausage
- air fryer Italian sausage
- air fryer kielbasa
- air fryer brats
- Frozen sausage in air fryer