Whether you are looking for soups, stuffed peppers, sandwiches, or casseroles, we have it all in this collection of the best Italian sausage recipes! Using both spicy sausage and sweet sausage, these 25 recipes for Italian sausage contain some of the best dinner ideas using both sausage links and ground sausage so you can make a wide variety of easy and delicious sausage recipes.
And be sure to scroll to the bottom to get our popular recipe for cheese stuffed Italian sausages! It’s a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Italian sausage recipes are always a great dinner idea in our home! Whether it’s an Italian sausage loaded into a roll with onions and peppers, a baked sausage dish with marinara and cheese, or even peppers stuffed with ground Italian sausage, I know that when I make sausage for dinner, my family is going to love it.
Today I am sharing with you 25 of the best Italian sausage recipes I could find, many of which are our own family favorites! From sausage & cheese manicotti bake to spicy Italian sausage dip we have a collection of recipes for Italian sausage that is varied and eclectic but also includes the classics like sausage and potatoes as well as sausage, peppers, and onions recipes so you can find the perfect option for your family’s dinner table.
Be sure to check out our other sausage posts, too, including how to cook bratwurst with 6 different cooking options, and this collection of the best sausage casseroles with 21 different recipes to choose from.
More Sausage Recipes
- 1 lb raw Italian sausages, mild or spicy
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 5 string cheese sticks
- Optional garnishes- Italian seasoning, dried or fresh basil, shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F and make sure the oven rack is in the center.
- Cut the Italian sausages halfway lengthwise, with either kitchen scissors or a sharp knife. Don't cut all the way through.
- Insert a string cheese stick into each sausage and then pinch the top of the sausage closed over the top of the cheese. Place the stuffed sausages into a baking dish.
- Evenly drizzle the marinara sauce over the top of the sausages. Bake them for 30+ minutes or until they're cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Chicken Italian sausages can be substituted for pork sausage.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 431Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 76mgSodium 1101mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 25g
Be sure to let us know which of the Italian sausage recipes were your favorite and please let us know if we left something off the list that should’ve been considered!