With our air fryer chicken sausage recipe you can have a tasty dinner on the table in just 15-minutes! Whether you prefer sweet, savory, or even spicy, with our chicken sausage air fryer recipe you will always have perfectly cooked chicken sausages that are a WHOLE LOTTA YUM.
Chicken Sausage in Air Fryer
We usually eat some version of precooked chicken sausage in our home once a week. Typically we toss them on a big sheet pan with some vegetables and off they go to become a wonderfully simple dinner.
Yet, we do love our air fryer and have already tried brats in the air fryer... so it was only natural that we try cooking chicken sausage in air fryer as well.
We served the chicken sausage alongside our air fryer bell peppers and onions and, dare I say, it was better than baking it all in the oven! Juicy, flavorful, and perfectly cooked, our precooked chicken sausages have never tasted better or disappeared so quickly.
Prefer to have the air fried chicken sausage with bell peppers and onions as a sub? Go for it! Grab your favorite hoagie roll and top it with your chicken sausage cooked in air fryer, along with those bell peppers and onions and enjoy a healthier twist to a classic sandwich.
Why You'll Love This!
- With our air fryer chicken sausage recipe, you can have dinner on the table in just 15-minutes!
- Our chicken sausage in air fryer recipe works with any brand and for any flavor of pre-cooked chicken sausage.
- No need for spacing means you can cook as many or as few chicken sausages in your air fryer as you need to.
- Perfect for a variety of healthy eating plans, most air fryer chicken sausage varieties will work for gluten-free, low-carb, keto, and dairy-free lifestyles. Be sure to read your chicken sausage packages to ensure it is compliant.
We love using our air fryer for a variety of sausage options all day long! Whether we need dinner options, like our air fryer brats and air fryer kielbasa, or a breakfast sausage link or sausage patty, the air fryer is our go-to kitchen gadget for quick cooking, super flavorful meals that everyone loves!
And if you're looking for even more chicken apple sausage recipes you'll love our baked chicken sausage in oven recipe with roasted vegetables.
We are using two different flavors of Aidells chicken sausage for our dinner, but feel free to use the brand and flavor you like the best!
- precooked chicken sausages - any brand will work here, look for sausages that are about the same size as what was used for recipe testing which is 3 oz for each sausage. You can used raw chicken sausage links as well, just add a little more cooking time until the internal temperature of the chicken sausage reaches 165 F.
The recipe will work for any large pre-cooked sausages, whether they’re chicken, pork, or beef.
To ensure compliance with your preferred eating plan, be sure to read the label of your chicken sausage. For low carb/keto meals, we try to buy the sausages that are 1 net carb each like the garlic gruyere. The chicken apple that we tested have 3 net carbs each.
Step by Step Instructions
Cooking your air fryer chicken sausages is nearly as simple as baking them, but they are going to taste so much better! We have found that a quick flip halfway through cooking helps ensure they are warmed thoroughly and ready to be enjoyed.
Air Fryer Temperature
Preheat your air fryer to 370F for 5 minutes prior to cooking.
While the unit is preheating, load your air fryer basket or tray with your chicken sausages.
Air Fryer Cooking Time
Cook the precooked air fryer chicken sausage for a total of 8-10 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time.
The internal temperature should be at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Serve and enjoy!
- Preheating your unit is recommended for even cooking. If you opt to not preheat your unit, you may need to add extra cook time.
- There is no need to evenly space your chicken sausages, so feel free to cook as many as you need and can fit in your air fryer.
- However, we do recommend that you flip, toss, or rotate the sausages halfway through cooking (more often if your unit is really loaded with chicken sausages).
- Air fryer models can vary and some units cook hotter than others. Keep a close eye on the sausage cooking time the first time you make the recipe by chance your model cooks fast. Adjust the time as needed to heat them through and brown them to your liking.
- For best results, always check the internal temperature with a digital meat thermometer.
We highly recommend that you serve your air fryer chicken sausages with air fryer bell peppers and onions; however, If you have a large air fryer roasting quick-cooking vegetables such as sliced onions, peppers, green beans, or mushrooms at the same time with the sausages makes for a quick one-dish meal.
You can store leftover chicken sausage in air fryer in the fridge in a covered container for up to 4 days.
You can freeze cooked sausage for up to 3 months in the freezer.
More Air Fryer Sausage Recipes
Looking for more air fryer sausage recipes?