Air fryer bell peppers is the sweet and savory side dish your next dinner is looking for! We are combining fresh green and red bell peppers, onions, oil, seasoning, and balsamic vinegar to create a 15- minute roasted vegetable side dish that is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Bell Peppers in Air Fryer
It's easy to get into a rut when it comes to dinner sides. Sometimes the simplicity of a routine creates consistency and ease... but it can also create a feeling of boredom. However, air fryer bell peppers is anything but boring and your family will thank you for ditching your trusty standard vegetable dishes and taking dinner up a notch with this roasted pepper option.
While bell peppers are higher in carbohydrates than many other vegetables, air fryer frozen bell peppers are still a great addition to your low-carb lifestyles. Additionally, they are gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, vegetarian, and vegan. A quick adaptation (listed below) will have these roasted bell pepper compliant for keto, paleo, and Whole30 eaters as well.
Why You'll Love This!
- With a cook time of just 8-10 minutes, air fryer bell peppers are a quick and easy side dish that works with a variety of dinner options.
- Seasoned with a mix of oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning, our roasted air fryer green pepper recipe is bursting with flavor that is bold but not overpowering.
- While we are working with both red and green peppers, you can easily customize your air fryer bell pepper dish with a variety of red, green, orange, or yellow bell peppers.
The air fryer is a lifesaver when it comes to both main dish items and vegetable sides! We have been trying our hands at a variety of frozen vegetables, such as air fryer frozen vegetables and air fryer frozen green beans, and the air fryer is proving to use why it has earned a place on the countertop of our kitchen.
Be sure to download the free Air Fryer cooking times PDF for 50 of the most popular air fryer foods when you join our recipe email list!
We are using both red and green bell peppers, red onion, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and balsamic vinegar to create a roasted pepper side dish that is one of the best!
- bell peppers - opt from a mix of green, red, orange, and yellow
- red onion - we used red but any kind of onions will work like yellow onions or sweet onions.
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- balsamic vinegar
- basics - salt & pepper
- Feel free to include your favorite mushroom with your air fryer bell peppers, swap the onions for the mushrooms or do a blend of all three.
An Air Fryer- A 5.8L Cosori air fryer was used for this recipe.
- Whole30 - Omit balsamic vinegar
- Paleo - Omit balsamic vinegar
- Keto - Due to the higher carb content of the peppers, omit the onion (or cut back on the onion) and balsamic.
Step by Step Instructions
Season, air fry, and wait... making your air fryer bell peppers is a breeze with our easy step-by-step instructions!
Preheat the air fryer to 370F for 5 minutes. Most air fryers have a preheat feature, but if yours does not you can easily turn the air fryer on and allow it to preheat manually.
While the air fryer is preheating, slice the peppers and onions.
Add the bell peppers and onions to a large bowl along with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Bell Pepper Cooking Temp
Lay the seasoned bell peppers and onions in the air fryer. They will be overlapping and won't be in a single layer.
Place your seasoned peppers in your preheated 370F air fryer.
Air Fryer Cooking Time
Cook the vegetables for a total of 8-12 minutes, flipping or shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
The peppers were cooked through and soft after 8 minutes of cooking but to get them partially browned, continue cooking for a total of 10-12 minutes depending on your preference.
Transfer the air fryer bell peppers and onions to a serving bowl and mix in the balsamic vinegar if you're using it.
Serve and enjoy!
- Ensure your air fryer bell peppers roast up nicely by preheating your air fryer.
- Slicing your peppers and onions as uniform as possible with help them to cook evenly.
- We did find that our peppers browned much better and cooked more evenly when we mixed them around after the first 4-5 minutes of cook-time.
- While the peppers are technically ready to serve after 8 minutes of air frying, the additional 3-4 minutes of cook-time really allow them to carmelize and brown.
We love how easy it is to create an entire meal in our air fryer! Pair your roasted bell peppers with air fryer boneless pork chops and air fryer Italian sausages for a flavorful air fryer dinner that everyone is sure to love.
Store any left over air fryer bell peppers in a covered container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Absolutely! Fill your basket and make sure you shake it every 5-minutes. A double portion may need an additional 4-5 minutes of air frying time to ensure the entire dish is cooked all the way through.
More Air Fryer Veggies
Are you looking for more air fryer vegetable recipes?
- Air Fryer Frozen Okra
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
- Asparagus Air Fryer Recipe
- Butternut Squash Air Fryer Recipe