If you are wondering if you can cook frozen green beans in your air fryer, you can stop wondering and start cooking! Our air fryer frozen green beans recipe is going to help you get healthy, roasted green beans ready in just 15-mintues. Dinner veggies have never been this WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Frozen Green Beans in Air Fryer
Green beans feel like a forgotten vegetable. Everyone pulls them out during the holidays to make the famous casserole, but the rest of the year it seems that many forget about it.
Let’s change that and update your vegetable rotation with this super easy, and healthy, air fryer frozen green bean recipe that works with whole or cut green beans. And because it’s an air fryer recipe, it just may entice your kids to eat their greens because they are “fried.” 😉
Parents may rejoice at this healthy vegetable dish, but they aren’t the only ones who are going to be excited about air fryer frozen green beans. This frozen green beans air fryer recipe is gluten-free, low-carb, vegetarian, and vegan compliant.
Why You’ll Love This!
- Never soggy, the air fryer perfectly cooks your frozen green beans so they crunch just like they were picked fresh from the garden.
- Our frozen green beans in air fryer recipe work whether you are using frozen whole green beans or cut pieces.
- Like many of our air fryer vegetable recipes, this air fryer frozen green bean recipe is done in less than 20-minutes!
Speaking of other air fryer vegetable recipes, you are going to want to check out our expanding library! The air fryer is proving to be a powerhouse kitchen tool helping us prepare delicious vegetable sides such as frozen broccoli, Brussel sprouts, corn on the cob, and more.
Be sure to download the free Air Fryer cooking times PDF for 50 of the most popular air fryer foods when you join our recipe email list!
In our home, we prefer to use frozen whole green beans, but you can also use the cut version to make your air fryer frozen green beans. Add a dash of seasoning and let your air fryer do what it does best – make your food taste amazing!
- frozen green beans
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- ground black pepper
- Parmesan Cheese – For a tasty treat, sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on your green beans during the last minute of cooking.
- Green Beans with Mushrooms – If you are looking to dress up your green beans, be sure to check out our green beans and mushrooms air fryer recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
Air fryer frozen green beans is a super simple recipe that needs a few minutes of your time, a little bit of patience, and a quick stir to make sure everything cooks nice and evenly.
Air Fryer Green Beans Temperature
Preheat the air fryer to 380F for 5 minutes. A lower temperature is needed for green beans than other air fryer frozen vegetables because they are more delicate.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the frozen green beans, olive oil, garlic salt, and black pepper. Stir to coat the green beans evenly.
How Long Do You Air Fry Frozen Green Beans?
Air fry the frozen green beans for a total of 10-12 minutes until they’re crispy and warm, flipping and stirring them after 5 minutes.
If you prefer your green beans not be quite so browned, feel free to pull them after 8-10 minutes.
Add more salt and pepper after cooking if desired.
Serve warm with your favorite air fryer main dish.
- This recipe was designed to cook your green beans from frozen, so no thawing is needed.
- Unlike most air fryer recipes, you don’t need to worry about your green beans overlapping. A simple stir after the first 5-minutes of cooking will make sure they air fry evenly.
- Your air fryer frozen green beans will crisp up quickly during the last couple of minutes of cook time. We highly recommend you watch them closely to avoid over cooking them.
Air fryer frozen green beans is the perfect side for a variety of main dishes. We love pairing them with air fryer chicken breast and air fryer pork chops for a quick meal that makes everyone at our table happy.
Left over cooked green beans will last 4-5 days when stored in the fridge in a covered container.
Yes. You can reheat your green beans by setting your air fryer 400F and cooking them for 2-3 minutes.
More Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
Check out these additional air fryer frozen vegetable recipes.
- Frozen broccoli in air fryer
- Frozen Brussel sprouts in air fryer
- Air Fryer frozen corn on the cob
- Air fryer frozen okra
- Air fryer frozen vegetable medley
- 1/2 lb frozen green beans, whole
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 380F for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the frozen green beans, olive oil, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Air fry the frozen green beans for a total of 10-12 minutes until they're crispy and warm, flipping and stirring them after 5 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve warm with your favorite air fryer main dish.
The frozen green beans in air fryer are technically cooked through and warm after 6 minutes, but to get them with a little crisp and slightly browned and roasted, continue cooking them until they're as brown as you like.
In the last minute of cooking, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese or your shredded cheese of choice can be added on top of the green beans.
This same method of cooking can be used for frozen breaded green beans or frozen green bean fries.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 41Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 298mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 1g