This frozen Brussel sprouts air fryer recipe is about to become your favorite way to eat these tasty little vegetables! We are roasting them up with oil, salt, and pepper, and cooking them long enough to get the bitter taste out and instead leaving you with perfectly caramelized Brussel sprouts that are ready for your table and a WHOLE LOTTA YUM! Oh, and we are going to do it all in less than 30-minutes!
Can I Air Fry Frozen Brussel Sprouts?
Air frying your Brussel sprouts is a great way to eat the vegetable that everyone loves to hate. However, with our frozen Brussel sprouts air fryer recipe, not only can you cook your sprouts from frozen, you will roast them until they are soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, and perfectly caramelized.
Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts
This frozen Brussel sprouts air fryer recipe is super simple and will leave you with a mellow-flavored side dish that is perfect for your dinner table. Even if you have never tried Brussel sprouts before, air fryer frozen Brussel sprouts is the best way to try them and see why so many do love Brussel sprouts!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- With just a few ingredients, you can create the perfect Brussel sprout - soft on the inside, crisp and caramelized on the outside, and never bitter.
- This Brussel sprouts in air fryer recipe is quick and easy, taking less than 30-minutes!
- Serve as-is or add the optional garnishes to take your Brussel sprouts up a notch.
- Keto, low carb, gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, and Whole30
We love Brussel spouts and have several other options for you to choose from! Be sure to check out our air fryer Brussel sprouts, our delicious roasted Brussel Sprouts, and this amazing keto Brussel sprouts casserole with bacon recipe.
And if you're looking for even more air fried veggies, you'll want to try our air fryer mushrooms, air fryer green bean recipe, and baked potatoes in air fryer.
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
With just a few basic ingredients, this air fryer frozen Brussel sprouts recipe is sure to please everyone at your dinner table. Let's get cooking!
- Frozen Brussel sprouts - keep frozen until you are ready to cook. We love to purchase frozen sprouts since they're already cleaned, plus they're usually small in size and cook fast.
- Olive oil - or your favorite cooking oil
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
An Air Fryer- We have an Omni Plus oven style air fryer and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer.
Step by Step Instructions
We are going to simply coat and roast our Brussel sprouts in air fryer, but be sure to read through the steps and tips to ensure that your air fryer Brussel sprouts come out perfectly.
Frozen Brussel Sprouts temperature
Preheat to 380F. If your air fryer doesn’t automatically do this for you just manually turn your model on for 3-5 minutes before cooking.
In a medium-sized bowl combine the frozen Brussel sprouts, 2 teaspoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper.
Spread the vegetable mix in the air fryer basket, making sure to leave room on all sides for air circulation.
Frozen Brussel Sprouts cooking time
Air fry the frozen Brussel sprouts for 10 mins. After 10 minutes, flip the Brussel sprouts over and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes. You are looking for the sprouts to be brown and crispy on the outside and soft on the insides.
Serve with lemon wedges and parmesan if desired.
Air fryer models can differ in cooking time, so keep an eye on your fryer during the last few minutes of air frying. If your basket is overcrowded it may take a minute or two longer to cook.
If you have a basket style air fryer, we recommend shaking the Brussel sprouts every 5 minutes.
- For best results, keep your Brussel sprouts frozen until cooking and do not over-crowd your air fryer. If you are cooking more than ½lb of sprouts, consider cooking in batches.
- Brussel sprouts are technically soft and cooked through in less than 17 minutes, however, they still have their bitterness. Cooking them until they are slightly charred brings out the caramelization and reduces bitterness. Don't rush your Brussel sprouts!
- Feel free to mix in other vegetables such as mushrooms, onions, or small pieces of butternut squash.
- Whether you have a basket style air fryer or an oven style unit, the cooking time should be similar. However, all models vary slightly, so keep a close eye on your Brussel sprouts, especially the first time you make this.
- Instead of adding maple syrup and cinnamon, other variations include topping the finished dish with parmesan. Or how about mixing in some precooked bacon or adding a little balsamic glaze.
Yes, you can also cook them with no oil and seasoning. Simply air fry your frozen Brussel sprouts for 17-18 minutes and then spritz with oil and add salt and pepper to taste after cooking.
Serve your air fried Brussel sprouts with air fryer chicken breasts, air fryer chicken drumsticks, or air fryer pork chops for a quick and easy meal that is low-carb and gluten-free.
You will get the best results if you lay the Brussel sprouts in a single layer with space around each piece. If you stack, they might not get as crispy or browned. Shake your basket every 5 minutes if stacked.
More Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
Looking for more air fryer frozen vegetable recipes?
More Brussel Sprouts Recipes
- Brussel sprouts in air fryer recipe
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Low Carb Brussel Sprouts Casserole
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprouts
- How Many Carbs in Brussels Sprouts + 10 recipes
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
**As a side note though, this vegetable is named Brussels (with an “s” at the end, like the city) Sprouts, not Brussel Sprouts.
You are correct! They are “Brussels Sprouts” as in the Belgian place Brussels.