With our frozen asparagus in air fryer recipe, you can have frozen veggies on your table in no time! Ready in just 15-minutes, our air fryer frozen asparagus recipe is perfect when you are looking for a simple dinner side dish, or if you want to dress it up with some parmesan. Either way you serve it, air fryer roasted frozen asparagus is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus
Much like the Brussel sprout, asparagus is a vegetable that people love to hate. An unfortunate turn of events if you ask us, because not only does air fryer frozen asparagus taste amazing, it also offers up a great assortment of vitamins and nutrients that your body needs without a lot of calories.
In our home, asparagus is actually one of our go-to vegetable sides and we love to eat it roasted, pan fried, or air fried.
Today we are sharing our frozen asparagus in air fryer recipe, perfect for enjoying the fresh tastes of summer all year long. This remarkable green vegetable pairs well with a variety of foods, but we love it best with either these air fryer pork chops or these air fryer chicken drumsticks. Both options create a super quick and easy meal when paired with this frozen asparagus in air fryer recipe.
Why You'll Love This!
- Cooking up in just 10-minutes, our air fryer frozen asparagus recipe is one of the fastest way to create roasted asparagus.
- Heathly and great tasting, we are making frozen asparagus in the air fryer a side that you will want to eat and serve by adding oil, seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
- Frozen asparagus in the air fryer make for a perfect side or snack. They are low carb/ keto friendly, whole30, gluten free, and vegan (unless of course you add the parmasean.)
- This whole recipe only requires 5 ingredients (include salt and pepper!).
Are you looking for ways to enjoy fresh asparagus in your home? We've got you covered with two delicious asparagus recipes that show you just how to prepare the vegetable: air fryer asparagus and pan-fried asparagus. Both are delicious, simple, and perfect for any night of the week!
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
Frozen asparagus, oil, salt and pepper, and some fresh parmesan cheese are all that you need to create the best frozen asparagus in air fryer.
- frozen asparagus
- olive oil
- fine sea salt
- black pepper
- shredded parmesan
- Asparagus is one of those vegetables that likes acid. If you are looking for a flavorful and unique alternative to the plain asparagus, or the parmasean asparagus, you can add a balsalmic glaze or homemade balsalmic reduction drizzle to your asparagus for the last two minutes of cook time. this is always a cowd favorite in my home and the acidity of the balsalmic cuts the sharpness of the asparagus flavor.
- You can opt to use fresh asparagus. If you are using fresh asparagus you are going to want to reduce the cook time to 7-9 minutes depending on the thicness of your asparagus. To save you time when preping fresh asparagus you can bend a couple of sticks at a time, and they will naturally break at the point where you would want to cut the ends off. Be sure to wash your fresh asparagus before cooking!
An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Omni Plus oven style air fryer, and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer. The Cosori was used in this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
Our frozen asparagus in air fryer recipe is such a simple one to make, you could have your children in the kitchen cooking alongside you! Simply season and air fry your frozen asparagus pieces to perfection.
Preheat your air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes.
In a medium-size bowl, add the frozen asparagus, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss the ingredients together to combine, and nicely coat the asparagus.
Spread the asparagus in an even layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook frozen asparagus in air fryer for a total of 8-9 minutes, flipping the asparagus halfway after 4-5 minutes.
If you're adding parmesan cheese, add it in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Enjoy!
Adding lemon wedges on the side is a nice touch with asparagus.
- Each air fryer cooks at a slightly different temperature. Be sure to keep a close eye on you asparagus to avoid burning or to determine if adding extra cook time is necesary. Adjust recipe as needed for your air fryer.
- Parmasean can add a really yummy flavor to your asparagus. If you choose to add the parmasean, only toss it in for the final two minutes of your cook time to avoid overcooking it.
- Preheating your air fryer helps ensure the food starts cooking as soon as you put in in your unit. We always recommend preheating your unit for at least 5-minutes before roasting.
- Likewise, flipping your frozen asparagus will help it to cook evenly, so be sure to flip it after 5-6 minutes of cooking.
- If reducing your fat content is important to you, you can reduce the amount of oil used.
Air fryer frozen asparagus is a versatile vegetable side that will compliment any dish that you would pair broccoli or green beans with. Our personal recommendations are air fryer pork chops or air fryer chicken drumsticks.
Yes, you can cook frozen vegetables in your air fryer. There is no need to defrost. Simply preheat and follow the cooking time and temperature listed.
The temperature that you cook frozen vegetables at in your air fryer is going to depend on the thickness of the frozen vegetable you are cooking. However, most frozen vegetables are going to cook at 380 - 400F.
It is not necessary to thaw frozen asparagus before cooking it in your air fryer.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Looking for more air fryer vegetable recipes?
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply