Air fryer frozen chicken breast is the BEST way for you to enjoy flavorful and healthy chicken in a variety of ways. With a cook time of just 20 minutes, you can turn chicken in the freezer into a quick and tasty meal.
Frozen Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
Do you ever forget to take something out for dinner? You know those nights. All of a sudden it's 5 PM and everyone is asking, "What's for dinner?" and you just kind of stand there at the fridge wondering the same thing.
Well now, you no longer have to wonder or reach for the phone to order take out because we are answering the question of, "Can you air fry frozen chicken breast?"
And the answer is yes! With your air fryer, you can easily create great-tasting healthy dinner and use it in a variety of ways - even if it's still frozen!
Whether you are topping a salad, adding it to a sandwich or wrap, or simply serving frozen chicken breast cooked in the air fryer beside your favorite side dishes, you are going to love how quick and easy this whole recipe comes together.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It allows you to cook your dinner from frozen, saving you from another night of takeout or boxed dinners just because you forgot to plan ahead.
- Not only does it need just 3 ingredients, but the whole thing is finished in under 30-minutes!
- Serve as is, or use your air fryer frozen chicken breasts in a variety of other dinners such as salads, wraps, soups, and casseroles.
- Gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly as we are not adding any breading. This recipe is also Whole30 approved, paleo, dairy-free, and sugar free.
If you love using your air fryer to cook up chicken as much as we do, be sure to check out our other air fried chicken recipes such as breaded chicken breast, chicken drumsticks, and chicken tenders without breading.
Air fryer frozen chicken breasts is a super simple recipe that needs just a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen making this one of the perfect recipes for those nights when you simply forget to plan for dinner or the day just gets away from you.
- chicken breasts, frozen
- olive oil
- seasoning - salt & pepper or chicken seasoning
- optional - sauce for topping or dipping
Be sure to read our post and download our cheat sheet on air fryer cook times for the 50 most popular air fryer foods.
Cooking frozen chicken breasts in an air fryer is one of the simplest ways for you to get dinner on the table quickly or work on your weekly meal prep. With just a simple one-step prep followed by some time in the fryer, you are just moments away from creating juicy and flavorful chicken breast that can be used in a variety of ways.
Preheat your air fryer to 360F.
Brush one side of the chicken breasts with ½ tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper, chicken seasoning, or your favorite seasoning blend.
Place your frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer, seasoned side up. A smaller basket-style fryer will only hold 2 pieces of chicken, where a larger oven-style fryer will accommodate 3-4 pieces.
Air fry for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, flip the meat and add the remaining ½ tablespoon of oils and seasoning.
Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
Brush your chicken with the sauce of your choice 1 minute prior to the end of air frying and air fry for the last minute with the sauce. Or, serve it with a choice of sauces for dipping.
- Total air fryer time may fluctuate slightly based on the size of the chicken breast pieces you are using. For best results, use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165F before serving.
- We do recommend flipping the chicken breast fillets after 10 minutes of cooking for even cooking, but you can skip that step if you prefer. Just remember to season both sides before you place them in your air fryer.
- Because you are cooking chicken from frozen, make sure you leave space in your fryer basket or tray for the air to circulate around the entire fryer. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Feel free to mix up the seasoning and sauces you use with your air fryer chicken breast pieces to create a variety of savory, spicey, and flavorful options that can be used in a variety of ways.
How to Store After Cooking?
You can store your air fryer frozen chicken breast pieces in the fridge for 4-5 days in a covered container.
You can also freeze the fully cooked pieces for up to 3-months.
What to Serve with Chicken Breast?
The fillets are super versatile and can be served in a variety of ways: as-is with sides, as part of another dish, or topped with your favorites sauces and noodles or zoodles. Here are a few of our best ideas to help you get going!
- Italian baked zucchini and squash
- Air fryer green beans and mushrooms
- Steamed broccoli
- Tomato, basil, & mozzarella salad
- Baked cauliflower mac and cheese
- Bacon curry coleslaw
- Keto alfredo sauce
- Serve over zoodles or noodles
- Top a side salad
- Include in a cobb salad
More Frozen Chicken Recipes
- Air fryer frozen chicken tenders (breaded)
- Air fried frozen chicken wings
- Instant pot chicken breast from frozen
- Pressure cooker chicken tenders from frozen
Please leave a review if you make our recipe! We love feedback from readers, plus it helps others too.