This recipe for Air Fryer Boneless Turkey Breast tastes just like a slice of turkey that's been slow-roasting all day. No need to thaw the turkey breast or season it. It comes pre-seasoned and is cooked in the air fryer from frozen.
With little more than flipping to do, the majority of this air fryer boneless frozen turkey breast recipe is cook time, freeing up your time and your oven, stove, and other appliances to cook other delicious sides! This easy air fryer turkey roast will bring a Whole Lotta Yum to your kitchen table!
Boneless Turkey Breast in Air Fryer
When I moved away for college, I found myself cooking Thanksgiving dinner for two rather than the usual large family gathering, I cooked a small turkey roast in the oven all day, with no meat thermometer to tell me if it was really done. Oh how I wish I had an air fryer and a simple from-frozen recipe like this for cooking my turkey roast. It would have saved SO MUCH TIME and taken away the stress of trying to cook all my dishes at the same time in my tiny apartment kitchen. If you're anything like me, once you try this from-frozen recipe, it'll be your new go to recipe for cooking a small 3 lb turkey roast.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and keto friendly. Just be careful if you add toppings like gravy, which may be the high carb and/or contain these allergens.
Turkey roasts are a great substitute for cooking a huge turkey in the oven. Especially in the last couple of years many of us have found ourselves cooking for smaller numbers at our family gatherings, and while I hope we can get back to normal soon, it never hurts to have a surefire recipe for a small family.
Some other great uses for this air fryer boneless turkey breast is for meal prep, homemade lunch meat, use in soup, or freezing your cooked turkey leftovers to enjoy another time.
Why You'll Love This!
Are you new to air frying large items? This is a perfect recipe to ease into it! It has minimal steps and so many other reasons to love it!
- No Ingredient Prep makes it so easy to pop your boneless turkey breast roast in the air fryer and focus on other dishes. It's can be a much needed time and energy saver when it comes to holiday cooking, yet still has all the flavor you look for in a turkey breast.
- This recipe is great for any time of the year. While turkey is most commonly served around the holiday season and Thanksgiving here in The States, this recipe is also great for making your own carved turkey lunchmeat, meal prepping, or just a yummy dinner for any night of the week.
- SIMPLE! Air Fryer boneless turkey breast takes little to no prep, and frees up your time to cook other side dishes, enjoy a beverage, or simply take some time to put your feet up. It cooks in right around 2 hours, (or possibly less if your roast is under 3 lbs!)
- No need to wait for dozens of family members to be around to justify cooking an entire turkey. Cooking just the turkey breast roast is a perfect meal for a couple, a small family, or for one to enjoy for the week.
Already thawed your turkey breast roast, or have a bone-in roast? Check out our recipe for crispy turkey breast in air fryer. This is also a great recipe if you prefer to season your turkey breast roast yourself.
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
This recipe is great because all the ingredients come in the frozen package, we used a Butterball frozen turkey breast roast! It will save you energy and free up time to prepare other delicious sides.
- 3 lb turkey breast roast, frozen - If you purchase a larger turkey roast, it will take longer to cook.
- Seasoning -Most packaged frozen boneless turkey breasts that you'll use in this air fryer boneless turkey breast recipe come pre-seasoned. If your frozen turkey breast doesn't come pre seasoned, feel free to season with a poultry seasoning of your choice, or use the seasoning blend from our Crispy Turkey Breast in Air Fryer Recipe
- The nutritional information on this recipe card does not include the gravy packets that many frozen turkey breast come with. We used a butterball for this recipe, but opted not to includ the gravy topping. You may also opt to make your own gravy. Just be sure that whatever topping you choose you evaluate that to fit within any dietary restrictions you may have.
An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer.
- Gluten Free- Be sure to check the bag on your frozen turkey to ensure no breading is added with the spices. The brand we used was Butterball and was gluten free.
Step by Step Instructions
This air fryer boneless turkey breast roast takes very little participation on the part of the chef. Just follow these steps and you'll be on your way to a delicious dinner!
Preheat Air Fryer to 350 F for 5 minutes.
Remove frozen pre-seasoned turkey breast from packaging. No need to thaw. Loosely wrap frozen turkey breast in foil.
Cooking the Frozen Turkey
Place foil-wrapped frozen turkey breast in the preheated air fryer. Cook for 1 hour at 350 F with the breast down.
After 45 minutes remove foil, and place breast up for remaining 15-30 minutes. Cooked turkey should be browned on the edges and have an internal temperature of at least 165 F.
Flip the turkey over and continue cooking in foil for 30 minutes.
Carefully remove the foil and cook turkey for an additional 15-20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches at least 150 F. If the turkey is browning too quickly you can re-cover it with foil and resume cooking until internal temperature reaches 150 F. Let the turkey breast rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 2-3 lb frozen turkey breast roast. (See above link if cooking an unfrozen or thawed turkey breast roast.)
- Foil is crucial to cooking this frozen turkey in air fryer
- Flipping the roast, as well as using a meat thermometer is essential for this recipe. Especially since we are cooking from frozen.
Serve air fryer turkey with even more air fryer dishes like potato wedges, whole roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and a side salad.
A cooked turkey breast roast will keep up to 4 days in the fridge. It can be frozen for up to 3 months in the freezer.
While you cannot air fry a whole frozen turkey in an air fryer, you can air fry a smaller 3-4 lb turkey breast roast or other parts of the turkey like turkey cutlets, turkey legs, or turkey tenderloin.
More Air Fryer Meat Recipes
Looking for more air fryer meat recipes? Check out some of our other favorites!
- Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chop Recipe (With Rub)
- Air Fryer Country Style Ribs
- Garlic Herb Frozen Salmon in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Kielbasa
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Awful recipe. Complete undercook. I had to cook it an additional 45 min on 400 to finish it correctly.
The recipe is for a shaped boneless turkey breast roast, not a frozen turkey breast. If you had a frozen turkey breast and not a store-bought roast it would change the cooking time.
I have a jennie-o frozen turkey breast with no skin and it comes in a oven bag. Would it work in the air fryer with no and removing the bag of course?
Hi Melissa, yes that should work! By chance if it's a smaller or larger size than the frozen turkey breast we used, keep a close eye on the internal temperature to make sure it's done. We highly recommend always using a digital meat thermometer to test to make sure it's done.
I’m go to try this for the first time this year in my first air fryer. Do I use the air fry or bake setting?
The air fry setting 🙂