This recipe for Air Fryer Boneless Turkey Breast tastes just like a slice of turkey that's been slow-roasting all day. No need to thaw the turkey breast roast or season it, just buy a frozen turkey roast like Butterball and we'll show you how to cook it in the air fryer from frozen.
With little more than flipping to do, the majority of this air fryer boneless frozen turkey breast recipe is cook time, freeing up your time and your oven, stove, and other appliances to cook other delicious sides! This easy air fryer turkey roast will bring a Whole Lotta Yum to your kitchen table!
Boneless Turkey Breast in Air Fryer
This recipe is for a packaged turkey breast roast like a Butterball roast. You CAN follow these same instructions for a raw frozen turkey breast but it will take longer to cook than the recipe states (we have not tested this method), plus you might need to season it using the turkey seasoning in our air fryer turkey breast post.
Turkey roasts are a great substitute instead of cooking a huge turkey in the oven. Especially in the last couple of years many of us have found ourselves cooking for smaller numbers at our family gatherings, and while I hope we can get back to normal soon, it never hurts to have a surefire recipe for a small family.
Some other great uses for this air fryer boneless turkey breast are for meal prep, homemade lunch meat, use it in soup, or for freezing your cooked turkey leftovers to enjoy another time.
Why You'll Love This!
Are you new to air frying large items? This is a perfect recipe to ease into it! It has minimal steps and so many other reasons to love it!
- No Ingredient Prep makes it so easy to pop your boneless turkey breast roast in the air fryer and focus on other dishes. It can be a much-needed time and energy saver when it comes to holiday cooking, yet still has all the flavor you look for in a turkey breast.
- This recipe is great for any time of the year. While turkey is most commonly served around the holiday season and Thanksgiving here in The States, this recipe is also great for making your own carved turkey lunchmeat, meal prepping, or just a yummy dinner for any night of the week.
- SIMPLE! Air Fryer boneless turkey breast takes little to no prep, and frees up your time to cook other side dishes, enjoy a beverage, or simply take some time to put your feet up. It cooks in right around 2 hours, (or possibly less if your roast is under 3 lbs!)
- No need to wait for dozens of family members to be around to justify cooking an entire turkey. Cooking just the turkey breast roast is a perfect meal for a couple, a small family, or for one to enjoy for the week.
Already thawed your turkey breast roast, or have a bone-in roast? Check out our recipe for crispy turkey breast in air fryer. This is also a great recipe if you prefer to season your turkey breast roast yourself.
This recipe is great because all the ingredients come in the frozen package, we used a Butterball frozen turkey breast roast! It will save you energy and free up time to prepare other delicious sides.
- 3 lb turkey breast roast, frozen - If you purchase a larger turkey roast, it will take longer to cook.
- Seasoning -Most packaged frozen boneless turkey breasts that you'll use in this air fryer boneless turkey breast recipe come pre-seasoned. If your frozen turkey breast doesn't come pre-seasoned, feel free to season it with a poultry seasoning of your choice, or use the seasoning blend from our Crispy Turkey Breast in Air Fryer Recipe
- The nutritional information on this recipe card does not include the gravy packets that many frozen turkey breasts come with. We used a Butterball for this recipe but opted not to include the gravy topping. You may also opt to make your own gravy. Just be sure that whatever topping you choose you evaluate that to fit within any dietary restrictions you may have.
An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer.
- Gluten Free- Be sure to check the bag on your frozen turkey to ensure no breading is added to the spices. The brand we used was Butterball and was gluten-free.
Step by Step Instructions
This air fryer boneless turkey breast roast takes very little participation on the part of the chef. Just follow these steps and you'll be on your way to a delicious dinner!
Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 F for 5 minutes.
Remove frozen pre-seasoned turkey breast roast from the packaging. No need to thaw. Loosely wrap frozen turkey breast in foil.
Cooking the Frozen Turkey
Place foil-wrapped frozen turkey breast in the preheated air fryer. Cook for 1 hour at 350 F with the breast down.
After 45 minutes remove the foil, and finish cooking it breast down for the remaining 15s.
Flip the turkey over with the breast side up and continue cooking for 30-45+ minutes, or until the internal temperature when tested with a meat thermometer reaches 160 F.
If the turkey is not at 160 F yet at this point, you'll need to cook it longer! The cooking time can vary based on the size and the wattage of your air fryer.
Let the turkey breast rest covered with more foil for 15 minutes before serving. The turkey will continue to cook while resting and will reach the desired USDA turkey breast cooking temperature of 170 F.
Slice and serve with your favorite holiday sides and gravy!
- This recipe is based on using a 2-3 lb frozen turkey breast roast. (See the above link if cooking an unfrozen or thawed turkey breast roast.)
- Foil is crucial to cooking this frozen turkey in an air fryer to lock moisture in.
- Flipping the roast, as well as using a meat thermometer is essential for this recipe. Especially since we are cooking from frozen.
Serve air fryer turkey with even more air fryer dishes like potato wedges, whole roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and a side salad.
A cooked turkey breast roast will keep up to 4 days in the fridge. It can be frozen for up to 3 months in the freezer.
While you cannot air fry a whole frozen turkey in an air fryer, you can air fry a smaller 3-4 lb turkey breast roast or other parts of the turkey like turkey cutlets, turkey legs, or turkey tenderloin.
More Air Fryer Meat Recipes
Looking for more air fryer meat recipes? Check out some of our other favorites!
- Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chop Recipe (With Rub)
- Air Fryer Country Style Ribs
- Garlic Herb Frozen Salmon in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Kielbasa