With our sausage patties in air fryer recipe, you are in complete control of breakfast with unlimited possibilities! Cook up one or cook up the whole package. Serve with eggs and waffles, or create fabulous breakfast sandwiches.
The options are endless with our 15-minute air fryer sausage patties recipe!
Air Fryer Sausage Patties
Breakfast is a meal we don’t like to slack on in our home. At the same time, we don’t really want to start our day with a marathon cooking session either. Air fryer sausage patties give us the best of both worlds with a quick and easy breakfast that gives us the energy we need to get through our day. Super versatile, we can make sausage patties in air fryer several times a week without eating the same thing day after day.
As-is, your sausage patties in air fryer are pretty much an ideal food! Gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, keto-friendly, and even paleo compliant makes air fryer sausage patties a super versatile breakfast food that will work regardless of your dietary restrictions or eating preferences.
While your sausage patties in air fryer are cooking up, you can create the rest of your super simple, yet hearty, air fryer breakfast! Whether you opt to serve them with scrambled eggs and frozen waffles, alongside fried eggs and frozen hashbrowns, or as a tasty breakfast sandwich, you cannot go wrong when your breakfast includes air fryer sausage patties.
Why You’ll Love This!
- Whether you are cooking up just 1 patty or a whole package, sausage patties in air fryer is a quick and easy breakfast recipe!
- Unlike cooking in a frying pan, air fryer sausage patties will not make a mess on your stove.
- Lock in all the flavor of your sausage patties when you harness the power of your favorite kitchen gadget and utilize this multi-tasking unit for breakfast.
- Oh, and did we mention, your air fryer sausage patties cook up in just 15-minutes!? That’s a WHOLE LOTTA YUM in a whole little time. 😉
We have been on an air fryer kick in our home lately, putting our units to the test (and yes, we have more than 1 air fryer in our home!). But can you blame us when we have found out just how easy it is to cook a wide variety of pork products, such as air fryer breakfast sausage links, air fryer kielbasa, air fryer Italian sausage, and even air fryer brats?!
Be sure to download the free Air Fryer cooking times PDF for 50 of the most popular air fryer foods when you join our recipe email list!
Grab your favorite brand of sausage patties and let’s get cooking them up in your air fryer for a truly tasty breakfast.
- sausage patties – we prefer Johnsonville sausage in our home
An Air Fryer– A 5.8L Cosori air fryer was used for this recipe.
- While most sausage patties will work for a variety of healthy eating plans, including low-carb, keto, and gluten-free, we do recommend you read the labels and check for ingredients that you want to avoid.
Step by Step Instructions
Our sausage patties in air fryer recipe is one of the easiest you will find for breakfast anywhere! You are going to simply cook, flip, and finish.
Air Fryer Sausage Temp
Preheat the air fryer to 370F for 5 minutes. While most air fryers do have a preheat option, if your model does not you can easily preheat your air fryer by turning the unit to 370F and allowing it to run empty for 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Sausage Cooking Time
In a single layer, place the sausage patties in the air fryer leaving space on all sides.
Air fry the breakfast sausage patties for a total of 8 minutes, flipping them half-way through cooking. Be sure your sausage patties reach an internal temperature of at least 160F prior to serving.
Serve warm with your favorite breakfast items like waffles or eggs! Enjoy!
- To ensure your air fryer sausage patties cook in the time allotted, be sure you preheat your air fryer.
- You do not need to add extra oil or cooking spray to the air fryer basket since sausage is a higher fat food.
- We do recommend you leave space between your sausage patties. This allows for proper air circulation and cooking time.
- This sausage patties in air fryer recipe is based on using thawed sausage patties but we do have instructions for cooking frozen sausage patties in air fryer below.
- Cooking for a crowd? Baking sausage patties might be the way to go.
Breakfast sausage patties in air fryer is the perfect addition to your quick and easy breakfast food. Serve your patties alongside air fryer waffles, air fryer hashbrowns, or eggs, or create a quick and easy breakfast sandwich.
To cook frozen sausage patties in air fryer, cook the same temperature and just add 2+ minutes to the cook time.
Have leftovers? Pop back in the air fryer and reheat for a couple of minutes until heated through. They will taste so much better than using a microwave!
More Air Fryer Sausage Recipes
Looking for more air fryer recipes?
- 1 lb sausage patties
- Preheat air fryer to 370 F for 5 minutes
- In a single layer, place the sausage patties in the air fryer leaving space on all sides.
- Air fry the breakfast sausage patties for a total of 8 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 160F. Flip them over halfway through cooking.
- Serve warm with your favorite breakfast items like waffles or eggs! Enjoy!
Preheat the air fryer before cooking the sausage patties to get consistent cooking results.
We used Johnsonville traditional sausage patties for the recipe, any brand or any flavor of Johnsonville breakfast sausage like maple-flavored will work for this recipe.
You do not need to add extra oil or cooking spray to the air fryer basket since sausage is a higher fat food.
The recipe will be similar whether you are using a basket style air fryer or an air fryer oven.
Some air fryer models cook hotter or quicker than others, if this is the first time making sausage patties in an air fryer, check for doneness a couple of minutes before the cook time states to make sure your unit isn't cooking faster.
The internal temperature of the sausage should be 160F, we suggest checking doneness by using a digital cooking thermometer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Powlaken Meat Food Thermometer for Grill and Cooking, Instant Read Waterproof Digital Kitchen Thermometer Probe for Grilling Smoker Oil Deep Fry Candy(Black)
COSORI 5.8 QT Electric Hot Oven Oilless Cooker LED Touch Digital Screen with 11 Presets, Preheat and Shake Reminder, Nonstick Basket, Black, 5.8QT