Fresh or frozen, your breakfast table is going to love it when you include baked sausage patties as part of your morning meal! There is nothing easier, or more flavorful, to start your day with. In under 30-minutes, you can make our WHOLE LOTTA YUM baked sausage patties and your whole family is going to love it.
✅ Get our FREE healthy meal prep printables + meal plan! 🥑
Sausage Patties in Oven
Our kids may still love the occasional bowl of cereal, but nothing beats a real, hot breakfast to start your day with. And when the day calls for baked sausage patties, it's easier than ever to whip up that hearty breakfast in no time... and without making a mess of the stovetop.
Baked sausage patties are perfect to serve beside pancakes or waffles, in a breakfast sandwich, or simply with a side of eggs and fruit. No matter how we serve them, everyone always loves the smell of cooking sausage patties in the oven. And I love the fact that I can easily make 2, 4, 6, or more without any extra work!
Why You'll ❤️ This!
- Baked sausage patties are the ultimate in easy breakfast recipes! We teach you tips and tricks on how to get them to turn out as perfect as pan fried!
- Baked breakfast sausage patties are great to cook in advance, freeze them, and use for meal prep during the week.
- Skip the messy stovetop when you cook your sausage patties in the oven ~ a hands off method.
- Perfect for fresh or frozen sausage patties, as well as pork or turkey varieties.
- Easily accommodate a large group by baking sausage patties in the oven.
Do you also love cooking in your air fryer? We love ours and use it all the time - even for breakfast! Be sure to try out air fryer sausage patties and air fryer breakfast sausage links recipes the next time you are looking for more quick and easy breakfast sausage recipes.
🌭 Sausage Patty Ingredient Notes
Our baked sausage patties recipe will work with your favorite brand of sausage patties, whether they are fresh or frozen, pork or turkey.
- breakfast sausage patties (pre-shaped or from a sausage roll) - pork or turkey work well, as does mild or hot sausage patties. We used the Jimmy Dean brand but any of your favorite brands of sausages will work! Bob Evans, Johnsonville, Smithfield sausage patties, and Swaggerty sausage patties are popular brands too.
Breakfast sausage patties is made of seasoned ground pork sausage that gets shaped into patties. You can buy them pre-formed from the grocery store, or you can shape your own at home. Our recipe is showing you how to cook sausage patties in the oven whether you're buying a breakfast sausage roll that needs to be sliced OR the pre-shaped patties.
Plant based sausage- Our breakfast sausage patty in the oven recipe hasn't been tested with plant based sausages like Impossible sausage patties or other vegan sausage patties like Morning Star sausage patties. The recipe "should" still work! Just keep a close eye on them since they could take less time to cook.
🐷 How to cook breakfast sausage
Baked sausage patties is a super easy breakfast recipe that will give you perfect results every time - with very little effort! It's just a matter of cutting the sausage into even slices, spreading them out on a baking sheet, and baking until browned to your liking.
Assemble the Patty Sausage
Preheat the oven to 400F.
For easy clean-up, cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (not necessary, but very helpful!) or spray your baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (like Pam).
If you have a pork sausage tube and your sausages aren't cut into patties, you'll need to cu them into even slices.
Place the sausage patties in a single layer on the baking sheet leaving space in between the patties. How many sausage patties can fit on your pan will depend on the size of the pan you are using.
PRO TIP: Sausage patties can shrink and form rounded disks when baking. To prevent this, press a dimple (about ¼" deep) in the center with your finger. This pushes more of the meat towards the outer edges and your sausages will bake flat.
How long to bake sausage patties?
Bake the sausage patties in your preheated oven for a total of 18+ minutes, flipping them over around half-way through cooking (after 8-9 minutes).
Cook the sausage until the internal temperature reaches at least 160F+. We recommend using a digital cooking thermometer to check the internal temperature.
The sausage browning and cooking time can vary based on your oven, your pan, the sausage, etc. If the sausage is cooked through yet you'd like it to be a litle bit browner, just pop it under broil for a minute or so to get that pan fried finish!
Serve your oven-baked sausage patties warm with your favorite breakfast foods. Enjoy!
💡 Tips for Oven Cooked Sausage Patties
- To ensure even cooking of your baked sausage patties, be sure to preheat your oven to 400F before they go in.
- You can also bake sausage at 375, they'll just take a little longer to cook.
- While using parchment paper or foil for your pan is not necessary, it is highly recommended as it makes clean up so much easier. Or use non-stick cooking spray.
- Flipping your baked sausage patties after 8-9 minutes helps ensure the patties cook all the way through.
- Baked sausage patties are fully cooked once they reach an internal temperature of 160F, and you can briefly broil them to get a darker appearance if desired.
❓ Breakfast Sausage in Oven FAQ's
First things first, can you even bake sausage patties in the oven? Pan frying sausage or even air frying sausage patties seems to be most popular, but what if you want a hands off method or are cooking for a crowd? Then baked breakfast sausage patties are the way to go
Pretty much anything. Baked sausage patties are perfectly pleasant paired with waffles or pancakes. They are a wonderful addition to a breakfast sandwich. And served with your favorite eggs and fruit, baked sausage patties make the ideal quick breakfast that will keep you full all morning long. The options are endless!
Store: Once you bake your sausage patties, store any leftover ones in the fridge in a covered container for 3-4 days.
Freeze: Place in an air tight container, breakfast sausage will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yes, you can cook frozen sausage patties in the oven. There's no need to thaw them, simply place your frozen sausage patties on your baking sheet and allow them to cook until the internal temperature is 160F. Precooked frozen patties may take a few minutes less than fresh patties, whereas uncooked frozen patties may need a few minutes longer. We always recommend you use a digital thermometer to check for doneness.
Breakfast sausage is usually made from ground pork meat, which is mixed with a variety of herbs and spices. Common seasonings in breakfast sausage include sage, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika for flavor. Sometimes it's mixed with ground beef, or you can also buy ground turkey breakfast sausage.
Other ingredients that may be added to breakfast sausage include sugar, corn syrup, and other sweeteners, but not all brands add that.
More Sausage Recipes
Looking for more sausage recipes?
- Air fryer breakfast sausage patties
- Air fryer breakfast sausage links
- Italian sausage dinner bake
- Italian sausage in oven
Be sure to join our healthy recipes email list to get lots of meal prep ideas, plus free meal planning printables. We're here to make meal time simple!
Leave a Reply