Fresh or frozen, your breakfast table is going to love it when you include baked sausage patties as part of your morning meal! There is nothing easier, or more flavorful, to start your day with. In under 30-minutes, you can make our WHOLE LOTTA YUM baked sausage patties and your whole family is going to love it.
Sausage Patties in Oven
Our kids may still love the occasional bowl of cereal, but nothing beats a real, hot breakfast to start your day with. And when the day calls for baked sausage patties, it’s easier than ever to whip up that hearty breakfast in no time… and without making a mess of the stovetop.
Baked sausage patties are perfect to serve beside pancakes or waffles, in a breakfast sandwich, or simply with a side of eggs and fruit. No matter how we serve them, everyone always loves the smell from cooking sausage patties in the oven. And I love the fact that I can easily make 2, 4, 6, or more without any extra work!
Why You’ll Love This!
- Baked sausage patties are the ultimate in easy breakfast recipes!
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, keto, and even paleo-friendly, baked sausage patties are a must if your family has any dietary restrictions or preferences.
- Skip the messy stovetop when you cook your sausage patties in the oven.
- Perfect for fresh or frozen sausage patties, as well as pork or turkey varieties.
- Easily accommodate a small breakfast table or a large group by baking sausage patties in the oven.
Do you prefer cooking in your air fryer? We love ours and use it all the time – even for breakfast! Be sure to try out air fryer sausage patties and air fryer breakfast sausage links recipes the next time you are looking for more quick and easy breakfast sausage recipes.
Our baked sausage patties recipe will work with your favorite brand of sausage patties, whether they are fresh or frozen, pork or turkey.
- breakfast sausage patties – pork or turkey
Sausage is as healthy as the brand you buy. We always recommend you check labels for things like fillers or if your sausage is made with or without sugar to help ensure your sausage patties are compliant with your preferred diet.
Feel free to swap pork sausage for turkey sausage to lighten it up.
Step by Step Instructions
Baked sausage patties is a super easy breakfast recipe that will give you perfect results every time – with very little effort!
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Make sure the oven rack is in the center position.
For easy clean-up, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (not necessary, but very helpful!)
Place the sausage patties in a single layer on the baking sheet leaving space in between the patties. How many sausage patties can fit on your pan will depend on the size of the pan you are using.
Bake the sausage patties in your preheated oven for a total of 18+ minutes, flipping them over around half-way through cooking (after 8-9 minutes).
Cook the sausage until the internal temperature reaches at least 160F+. We recommend using a digital cooking thermometer to check the internal temperature.
Serve your oven-baked sausage patties warm with your favorite breakfast foods. Enjoy!
- To ensure even cooking of your baked sausage patties, be sure to preheat your oven to 400F before they go in.
- While using parchment paper or foil for your pan is not necessary, it is highly recommended as it makes clean up so much easier.
- Flipping your baked sausage patties after 8-9 minutes helps ensure the patties cook all the way through.
- Unlike pan frying, baked sausage patties may not brown completely. However, they are fully cooked once they reach an internal temperature of 160F.
Pretty much anything. Baked sausage patties are perfectly pleasant paired with waffles or pancakes. They are a wonderful addition to a breakfast sandwich. And served with your favorite eggs and fruit, baked sausage patties make the ideal quick breakfast that will keep you full all morning long. The options are endless!
Once you bake your sausage patties, store any leftover ones in the fridge in a covered container for 4-5 days. Prior to cooking, check the dates for fresh or frozen varieties as the “best by” dates will vary.
Yes! No need to thaw, simply place your frozen sausage patties on your baking sheet and allow them to cook until the internal temperature is 160F. Precooked frozen patties may take a few minutes less than fresh patties, where as uncooked frozen patties may need a few minutes longer. We always recommend you use a digital thermometer to check for doneness.
More Sausage Recipes
Looking for more sausage recipes?
- Air fryer breakfast sausage patties
- Air fryer breakfast sausage links
- Italian sausage dinner bake
- Italian sausage in oven
- 1 lb+ breakfast sausage patties
- Preheat the oven to 400F and move the oven rack to the center position.
- For easy clean-up, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place the sausage patties in a single layer on the baking sheet leaving space in between the patties.
- Bake the sausage patties for a total of 18+ minutes, flipping them over around half-way through cooking (after 8-9 minutes).
- Cook the sausage until the internal temperature reaches at least 160F+, which is easy to test with a digital cooking thermometer. Enjoy!
Any brand of breakfast sausages will work in the recipe, as will the flavored varieties, popular options are Johnsonville or Jimmy Dean.
Baking sausage patties in the oven do not turn out as evenly brown as pan-fried sausage, however, they will taste just the same!
To lighten things up turkey sausages can be swapped for the pork.
We highly recommend using a digital meat thermometer to test for doneness since all ovens can vary.
If you're cooking homemade breakfast patties they could be larger or thicker than the store-bought patties which come pre-shaped and will possibly take longer to cook.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.