Making breakfast sausage links in an air fryer means that you can have a hearty protein-based breakfast in the morning without any hassle. Just pop your breakfast sausage in the air fryer and walk away to do other tasks.
This post may include affiliate links, including links to Amazon products. Read the full disclosure here.
A printable recipe card is at the bottom of the post
Sausage Links in Air Fryer
If you’ve ever wondered if you can even cook sausage links in an air fryer, you’ll be pleased to know that air fried breakfast sausage is fast, easy, hands-free, and delicious!
No need to even flip the breakfast sausage, you can truly put it in the air fryer basket and then walk away until the timer goes off. Air frying sausage means no more standing over a skillet or having to save sausage for the weekends.
Why This Recipe Works
- You can put the sausage in and walk away
- There’s no need to flip the sausages since they brown on both sides
- Breakfast is done in less than 15 mins!
- This method works for pork, chicken, or even frozen sausages
Ingredients for Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage Links
Just one ingredient is needed for making air fryer breakfast sausage links, and you guessed it:
- 1 package breakfast sausage (12 oz)
My personal favorite breakfast sausage brand is Johnsonville, but any grocery store brand of sausage will work for this recipe. You can even cook chicken sausage links in an air fryer the same way as the pork variety.
How many sausages can fit in your air fryer? That all depends on the model you own. One package should fit in a smaller air fryer and two packages should fit in a larger air fryer like our Omni Plus toaster oven style.
And since sausage already naturally has fat, you don’t even need to spray the pan with cooking spray. This is truly just a one-ingredient dish.
Cooking Sausage Links in Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 minutes on 400F.
Lay the breakfast sausage links in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Since the sausage is a high-fat food, you’ll want to make sure your fryer is clean on the inside, or else you could end up with the dreaded white smoke problem when the grease hits the bottom of the fryer.
Cook the sausage for a total of 8-10 minutes, until they’re browned to your liking. We took ours out after 9 minutes.
While many recipes will ask you to flip the item oven halfway through cooking, because sausages are small they still get browned on both sides because of the circulating air. Meaning, no flipping required!
We love that you can keep getting ready and doing other things in the morning and don’t have to stand over the stove to cook.
AIR FRYER NOTE: If you have a basket style air fryer and aren’t able to spread out your sausage with breathing room on all sides, then we recommend you flip your sausages after 5 minutes.
Air fryer sausage takes less time than an oven or stovetop, which takes up to 15 mins to cook. Cooking link sausage in an oven takes much longer than the air fryer since it takes at least 10-15 minutes to even heat up.
Are you trying to lighten things up a bit and swap chicken breakfast sausage for pork? The cooking time will be the same!
And if you’re making frozen sausage links in the air fryer, you’ll want to follow the same instructions but add 5 minutes to the cooking time. After the first 5 minutes of cooking, break the frozen sausage apart and spread them out on the pan.
Enjoy! Makes 10 air fryer sausage links.
Air Fryer Pork Recipes
And be sure to pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to it!
V V V
We’d Love to Hear From You!
Have questions or feedback? Please ask questions or post feedback on the post comments.
Tap That Recipe Review Star! Be sure to leave a review after you make the recipe or just tap the star rating you’d give the recipe!
Show Us Those Photos! Be sure to upload your photos on the Pinterest pin and/or tag us on Instagram at @wholelotta.yum! We LOVE featuring reader recipes!
- 10 breakfast sausages (1- 12 oz package)
- Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 minutes on 400F.
- Lay the breakfast sausage links in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Since the sausage is a high-fat food, you'll want to make sure your fryer is clean on the inside, or else you could end up with the dreaded white smoke problem when the grease hits the bottom of the fryer.
- Cook the sausage for a total of 8-10 minutes, until they're browned to your liking. We took ours out after 9 minutes.
- AIR FRYER NOTE: If you have a basket style air fryer and aren't able to spread out your sausage with breathing room on all sides, then we recommend you flip your sausages after 5 minutes.
- Enjoy! Makes 10 sausage links.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ninja Air Fryer, 1550-Watt Programmable Base for Air Frying, Roasting, Reheating & Dehydrating with 4-Quart Ceramic Coated Basket (AF101), Black/Gray
- Air Fryer Accessories,Phillips Air Fryer Accessories and Gowise Air Fryer Accessories Fit all 3.7QT-5.3QT-5.8QT,Set of 5-7 inch
- GoWISE USA 3.7-Quart Programmable Air Fryer with 8 Cook Presets, GW22638 - Black
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 150Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 40mgSodium 374mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 9g