When you make frozen hash browns in air fryer you make breakfast the best part of waking up! Warm, crispy, and ready in just a few minutes, these frozen hashbrowns are just what your breakfast needs to go from drab and dull to a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
Since it’s just my husband and me for breakfast most mornings, it’s super easy for me to pop a couple of these air fryer frozen hash browns in and let the air fryer do all the work. Meanwhile, I can toss some bacon in the oven, chop up some fruit, brew some coffee, and have a hot and fresh breakfast prepared in no time.
And if the kids are home, then we simply cook a few more frozen hash browns in the air fryer, always add bacon or breakfast sausage, and in no extra time, we have a complete meal that works for all of us.
Why You’ll Love This!
Not only is making frozen hash browns in air fryer a super simple breakfast option, but it’s also a food that is gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan.
- Create a hot breakfast for your whole family in under 15-minutes!
- Air fryer frozen hash browns are faster and easier than many breakfast potato options – and so much simpler too!
- Other than flipping mid-way, you can leave your frozen hash browns in air fryer while you work on the rest of your breakfast items.
Be sure to download the free Air Fryer cooking times PDF for 50 of the most populr air fryer foods when you join our recipe email list!
The air fryer sure does make cooking easier and our frozen hash browns in air fryer recipe is no exception! Start your breakfast by simply grabbing your favorite brand of frozen hash browns.
- frozen hash brown patties
- optional – dips such as ketchup
Make a warm and delicious cheesy hash brown by topping your hashbrowns with cheddar during the last minute of cooking.
***Reminder: While most frozen hash browns are compliant with gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan lifestyles, it’s important that you check the label before you purchase your hash browns. We prefer the Trader Joes brand, which is made with just shredded potatoes, vegetable oil, and salt.
Step by Step Instructions
Breakfast never had it so good – and you never had it so easy – than with our frozen hash browns in air fryer recipe.
Air Fryer Hash Browns Temperature
Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes. Most air fryer models will do this automatically, but if yours doesn’t simply start your air fryer for 5 minutes before cooking.
If you have a non-stick basket, there’s no need to oil it before adding the hash browns. If you have an oven unit you can spritz a little bit of oil before adding the hash brown patties.
Lay as many frozen hash browns in the air fryer that will fit, leaving room between each one. There’s no need to add additional oil to the hash browns since they already come pre-seasoned and pre-oiled.
Our unit could cook up to 5 frozen hash browns at one time. If you need more than your unit can fit, cook in batches rather than crowding.
Air Fryer Hash Browns Cooking Time
Cook for a total of 10-12 minutes for crispy air fryer hash browns, flipping them after 5 minutes.
If you don’t want them as crispy, take them out as early as 8 minutes as long as they’re cooked through and hot.
Serve the air fryer hash browns warm with your favorite sides such as eggs or bacon for a quick and easy air fryer breakfast recipe! Enjoy!
- For best results, preheat your air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes prior to cooking.
- While it may be tempting to thaw your frozen hash browns to speed up cooking, this will actually hurt your results. Keep your frozen hash brown patties frozen until you are ready to cook them.
- The air fryer works by circulating warm air all around your food, so leaving space for the warm air is essential to proper cooking and best results.
Have leftovers? You can use your air fryer to reheat the hash browns and make them crispy again! Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes and cook them for 1-2 minutes until heated through and to your liking.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- 2-4 frozen hash brown patties
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
- If you have a non-stick basket, there's no need to oil it before adding the hash browns. If you have an oven unit you can spritz a little bit of oil before adding the hash brown patties.
- Lay as many frozen hash browns in the air fryer that will fit, leaving room between each one. There's no need to add additional oil to the hash browns since they already come pre-seasoned and pre-oiled.
- Cook for a total of 10-12 minutes for crispy air fryer hash browns, flipping them after 5 minutes. If you don't want them as crispy, take them out as early as 8 minutes as long as they're cooked through and hot.
- Serve the air fryer hash browns warm with your favorite sides such as eggs or bacon for a quick and easy air fryer breakfast recipe! Enjoy!
Preheat the air fryer before cooking to ensure consistent cooking results.
Leave space between the hash brown patties to ensure even cooking.