Using our baked chicken sausage in oven recipe is the best way to get oven-roasted chicken sausage in as little as 20-minutes! Opt for a simple baked chicken sausage or add in your favorite vegetables including potatoes, peppers, and broccoli for a complete oven-roasted dinner. Either way you serve them, chicken sausages are always a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Baked Chicken Sausage
We are a sausage-loving family and luckily there are a variety of options to choose from so it never feels like we are having the same dinner - even when we opt for sausage two or more times per week.
For our oven-baked chicken sausage dinner we tried it two different ways and both times there were no leftovers!
First we simply used an Italian sausage method to make our chicken sausage in oven recipe. Roasting the chicken sausage in this method left us free to choose from a variety of sides including sauerkraut, coleslaw, and potatoes wedges.
The next time though, we opted to make our entire dinner on a single sheet pan, including peppers, broccoli, and potatoes for a simple oven-roasted dinner. While it does take slightly longer to cook chicken sausage with vegetables on a single pan, you do get some flavor transfer and the clean-up is easier as you cook everything on one pan.
Either way you try it, the only wrong way to use our recipe for chicken sausages are to not use them. 😉
Why You'll Love This!
- Using pre-cooked sausage, our chicken sausages in the oven recipe can be ready in as little as 20-minutes making this a super quick and easy dinner option!
- Make a complete dinner on just a single sheet pan when you combine baked chicken sausage with vegetables including potatoes, peppers, broccoli, and onions.
- You can easily make sure baked sausage chicken with veggies complies with your gluten-free, low-carb, keto, dairy-free, and sugar-free lifestyle.
- Whether you are feeding a small family or cooking for a crowd, this chicken sausages in oven recipe can accommodate with ease.
If you love making sausage for dinner as much as we do, then be sure to check out our other sausage recipes including air fryer chicken sausage, stovetop Italian sausage, and our Italian sausage bake.
One of the best things about our chicken sausage in oven recipe is how easily you can customize it based on time, personal preferences, and what you have in the fridge!
- chicken sausage - pre-cooked, we often use Adelle's brand or Trader Joes brand.
- red bell pepper - Feel free to swap green bell peppers, yellow, or orange.
- yellow onion - Sweet onion or red onion can also be used.
- broccoli florets - cut from a broccoli head or from a bag already pre-cut.
- potatoes - cut into ¾” chunks. Yukon Gold were used in the recipe but Russet and red potatoes would be great also
- olive oil - extra virgin
- fine sea salt - if you only have something like Morton's table salt, know it is about 25% saltier than sea salt.
- ground black pepper
- Chicken sausage - Other types of pre-cooked sausage can be swapped for the chicken sausage.
- Bell Pepper - While we enjoyed our baked chicken sausage with red pepper, feel free to opt for other varieties.
- Feel free to change up the vegetables and use mushrooms, cauliflower, green beans, sweet potato cubes, or other vegetables your family prefers.
Step by Step Instruction
We are going to show you two different ways to make the chicken sausage in oven recipe. First, we are going to keep it simple with just a chicken sausage bake, then we are going to make roasted chicken sausage with vegetables.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and make sure the oven rack is in the center position.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil and place the chicken sausage on the tray, leaving space between each sausage.
You'll be cooking the chicken in the oven for about 20 minutes total.
Bake the chicken sausage for 10 minutes on one side and then flip them over with tongs.
Continue cooking the sausage for 10-15 more minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Baked Chicken Sausage with Vegetables
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, add all veggies, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Spread the vegetable and potato mixture onto a large sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
Add the pre-cooked chicken sausage to the pan and cook for 10 more minutes.
Mix the vegetables together and flip the chicken sausage over.
Continue baking for 10-15 more minutes until the chicken sausage is browned and the vegetables are cooked through.
Sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Our baked chicken sausage recipe is designed to use pre-cooked sausage. If you opt for raw chicken sausage you will need to increase the cooking time by at least 10 minutes.
- We do recommend flipping your chicken sausage to allow for even cooking and browning on both sides.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley at the end and mix all together before serving.
- You can easily double this chicken sausage in oven recipe! Simply use two sheets pans and switch the pans halfway through cooking.
- For best results, check your chicken sausages with a digital meat thermometer before serving.
Most brands of chicken sausage are precooked, shaped sausage links including the Adell's brand that we used. However, be sure to check the label of your sausage.
Precooked chicken sausage that just needs to be heated through shouldn't be pink on the inside. The best way to tell if chicken sausage is heated and cooked through is to use a digital cooking thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach at least 165 F Fahrenheit before serving.
More Sausage Recipes
Looking for more sausage recipes?
- Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- Cajun Slow Cooked Kielbasa
- Italian Sausages on the Stove
- Italian Sausage Bake