This quick and savory potato wedges air fryer recipe is the easiest dinner side - and it's bursting with flavor! We are using Russet potatoes, garlic salt, paprika, pepper, and parmesan cheese to create that WHOLE LOTTA YUM flavor you know and love in a 30-minute dish that perfect for any occasion.
Cooking Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer
Roasted potatoes in the air fryer are seriously a game changer. We're a potato loving family and the quickness of getting potatoes on the table can't be beat compared to an oven.
Our potato wedges in air fryer recipe is the perfect dish to complement a variety of main courses. Air fryer Italian sausages or air fryer pork chops, along with air fried asparagus, will make a quick and easy air fryer dinner that your whole family will love!
Why You'll Love This!
- Needing just 10-minutes of prepwork, potato wedges in air fryer is just the side dish your weeknight dinner needs.
- Seasoned with paprika, garlic salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese, your air fryer potato wedges recipe is seasoned to savory perfection.
- You can easily adapt our roasted air fryer potatoes to comply with dairy-free, Whole30, and paleo lifestyles using the tips below.
- Requiring no flipping or shaking, potato wedges in air fryer is one of the easiest side dishes you are going to find anywhere!
Are you looking for more ways to create fabulous potatoes using your air fryer? Look no further than our air fryer baked potatoes, air fryer french fries, and air fried sweet potatoes with cilantro lime butter.
Be sure to download the free Air Fryer cooking times PDF for 50 of the most popular air fryer foods when you join our recipe email list!
We are keeping things simple with our potato wedges in air fryer recipe, but easy item is working harmoniously to create a healthy, savory side dish.
- russet potatoes - cut into 4" long wedges
- olive oil
- garlic salt - you could also use garlic powder and sea salt
- sweet paprika - optional
- ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Russet Potatoes - Russets are our go-to potato for wedges, but you can also use Yukon gold, red, purple, sweet potatoes, or mixed potatoes. If you're using potatoes other than Russet, it may change the potato cooking time.
An Air Fryer- A 5.8L Cosori air fryer was used for this recipe.
- To make your potato wedges in air fryer recipe compliant with dairy-free, Whole30, and paleo lifestyles, simply omit the parmesan cheese.
Step by Step Instructions
Slice, season, and air fry. Air fryer potato wedges are truly that easy.
Wash the potatoes and cut them into 4" long wedges.
In a medium-size bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper, and paprika.
Brush the cut sides of the potatoes with the seasoning and oil mix using a basting brush until the wedges are well coated with the seasoning.
Potato Wedges in Air Fryer Temperature
Preheat your air fryer to 400F for 5-minutes prior to placing your cut and seasoned potato wedges in your unit. Most air fryer models currently available have a preheat feature and will do this automatically, but if yours does not you can easily set your to 400F and allow it to warm up like you would your oven. The preheat can be completed while you are prepping the potato wedges.
Potatoe Wedges in Air Fryer Cooking Time
Place the cut and seasoned potatoes peel side down in the air fryer in a single layer. We used a Cosori air fryer and were only able to fit slices for 1 ½ large potatoes at a time. If you're using smaller potatoes, you might be able to hold all of the slices from 2 potatoes depending on the size of your air fryer.
Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes. The final product will be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside!
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and more salt or garlic salt to taste before serving.
- Slicing your potato wedges as uniformly as possible will allow for even cooking in your air fryer.
- To get even slices every time, cut your potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 4 slices, which will yield you 8 wedges per potato.
- Preheating your air fryer is a must to ensure your air fryer potato wedges come out crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Placing your potatoes peel-side down and in a single layer is key to not having to flip or shake during cooking.
Store any leftover potato wedges in the fridge in a covered container for up to 5 days.
Yes! To reheat your air fryer potato wedges simply preheat your air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes and warm for 3+ minutes until cooked through.
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
Looking for more air fryer potato recipes?
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Baked Sweet Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Frozen Hash Browns in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Fries