Our stuffed pepper soup Instant Pot recipe is about to become a family favorite in your home! Filled with ground beef, rice (or cauliflower rice), bell peppers, cheese, and tomatoes, and seasoned to perfection, this simple bell pepper soup is a must for your weekly meal plan.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
We have a lot of different dietary restrictions in our home, but this stuffed pepper soup Instant Pot recipe is one that we can make work for all of us easily! It’s a hearty, flavorful meal that we can all enjoy. Today we are focusing on cooking a batch in our pressure cooker, but we already know how great this soup comes out when we cook stuffed pepper soup in the crockpot as well.
Toss a quick side salad or grab a few of your favorite air fryer frozen breadsticks because that is all you are going to need to make a complete dinner with our stuffed pepper soup instant pot recipe.
Why You’ll Love This!
- Instant pot stuffed pepper soup takes just 10 minutes to prep before your pressure cooker works its magic!
- We are using multiple aromatics, including garlic salt and Worchestershire sauce, to make a soup with bold and deep flavor.
- Never spicy, our stuffed pepper instant pot soup is a quick dinner that is kid-friendly!
- With beef broth, ground meat, rice, peppers, and onions, pressure cooker stuffed pepper soup is a healthy dinner option.
- Easily adapt our stuffed pepper soup recipe to meet low-carb, keto, paleo, and vegetarian lifestyles (see below).
If you love using your Instant Pot to create soups that your family is sure to love, be sure to check out our Instant Pot hot and sour soup, Instant Pot loaded potato soup, or our Instant Pot creamy chicken taco soup.
It may look like there are a lot of ingredients in this stuffed pepper instant pot soup recipe, but trust us, it will be worth it!
- ground meat – beef, turkey, or chicken
- bell peppers – red or green
- beef broth
- onion – diced
- garlic – minced
- diced tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- garlic salt
- ground black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- uncooked white or brown rice – or cauliflower rice
- cheddar cheese – shredded
- Ground Meat – We do prefer to use an 85/15 blend of ground beef in our stuffed pepper soup, but you can also use ground turkey or chicken to reduce the fat content. Ground sausage will also work well.
- Beef Broth – Beef broth is preferred, but feel free to try either chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Rice – Uncooked rice if you are cooking the rice in the soup, but cooked rice if you are adding it to a completed batch. Cauliflower rice could be used to reduce the carb count.
A Pressure Cooker – This is the Instant Pot model that we used.
- Paleo/Whole30– Omit the dairy and Worcestershire sauce. Swap white or brown rice for cauliflower rice.
- Keto/Low-carb– Swap the rice for cauliflower rice, buy canned products that don’t have added sugars, and use freshly shredded cheese from a block instead of pre-shredded cheese.
- Vegetarian/Vegan– Use vegetable broth instead of beef, omit the cheese or use a vegan cheese product, and either skip ground meat or replace it with tofu.
Step by Step Instructions
Saute ground beef, add most of the remaining ingredients, pressure cook, and finish. This stuffed pepper soup instant pot recipe is that easy and tastes like it took all day to prepare!
Set Instant Pot to Saute High and cook the ground beef until just browned.
Add the diced onion and cook for 3 more minutes until it’s just starting to soften.
Add the beef broth to the pot and stir, scraping up any browned bits of meat from the bottom.
Add the diced peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, uncooked rice (or cauliflower rice), garlic salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and Worchestershire to the pot and mix it all together.
Cook on Manual high pressure (or Pressure Cook high depending on your model) for 10 minutes.
Once done, let the pressure cooker naturally release for 5 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure.
Add the shredded cheddar cheese and other garnishes to each bowl as desired.
- Be sure to allow your Instant Pot to warm up on saute before you add your ground beef.
- After you add the broth, scrape the bottom of the pot thoroughly to pick up all of the flavor leftovers from searing your beef and sauteing the onions.
- Allow the soup to rest for 5 minutes (natural release) then use the quick release feature.
- When using the quick release feature be sure the nozzle is pointed away from you.
- If you are using pre-cooked rice that is cold, add it to the pressure cooker after the soup has cooked. Warm the rice by using the saute feature for a few minutes.
- To prevent the cheese from clumping, add it to each individual bowl rather than the entire pot.
Stuffed pepper soup truly is a complete meal in a bowl, but you can add a side salad or your favorite breadstick.
One of the things we really love about this stuffed pepper soup instant pot recipe is that it comes together quickly and is freezable!
If you plan to freeze stuffed pepper soup, do not add rice or cheese to the soup prior to freezing. Store in freezer-safe containers for up to 3-months.
To reheat, simply warm the soup on your stovetop or in your Instant Pot and add pre-cooked rice. Top with cheese.
If you already mixed in the rice and decide after the fact to freeze some, you may need to add more broth when you go to reheat the soup.
To make this a keto stuffed pepper soup, simply swap the pre-cooked rice for cauliflower rice!
Worcestershire sauce does have 1 net carb and a trace amount of sugar. If you’re following a strict keto diet, you can leave it out completely.
And be sure to use no sugar-added tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth too!
More Stuffed Pepper Recipes
Looking for more stuffed pepper recipes?
- 1 lb ground beef, (85/15 ratio)
- 2 bell peppers, red or green
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 onion, medium size diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cans of 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 1/2 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup uncooked white or brown rice (or 1 1/2 cup cauliflower rice)
- 1+ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Set Instant Pot to Saute High and cook the ground beef until just browned. Add the onion and cook for 3 more minutes until it's just starting to soften.
- Add the beef broth to the pot and stir, scraping up any browned bits of meat from the bottom.
- Add the diced peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, uncooked rice (or cauliflower rice), garlic salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and Worchestershire to the pot and mix it all together.
- Cook on Manual high pressure (or Pressure Cook high depending on your model) for 10 minutes.
- Once done, let the soup sit in the pot for 5 more minutes before doing a quick release.
- If you're using pre-cooked rice that's still cold, add it to the pressure cooker after the soup is done cooking by putting the pot on Saute and heating it until the rice is heated through.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and other garnishes to each bowl, as desired.
- To make the soup lower fat, substitute lean ground turkey, ground beef, or chicken and skip the cheese.
- Another variation includes using ground Italian sausage instead of ground beef. Turn this into a vegetarian soup with vegetable broth and swap the meat for beans
- Add more broth to the soup if it thickens up too much, it will thicken upon standing.
- Instead of mixing in the rice, add 1/4 cup of cooked rice to each serving to prevent the rice from absorbing the broth
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 372Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 86mgSodium 1310mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 29g