35 best meal prep salads that make it easy to plan for lunches or dinners on the go or even meals in advance. Make some of the easiest healthy salads with these meal prep salad recipes!
Plus learn how to meal prep salad for the week and keep them fresh for cold lunches or healthy dinners.
Meal prepping salads is easily one of our favorite ways to prep for the week and enjoy a healthy, easy meal! Healthy lunch salads become a regular and make for perfect leftovers or if you just didn't get enough of an amazing salad you made.
You will always instantly feel better with weekly meal prep salad recipes to look forward to and enjoy. Especially when you want a quick meal that will give you nutrients and veggies, we love meal prep salads for delicious on-the-go meals!
Whether you're looking for easy mason jar salads meal prep, meal prep salads for weight loss, vegetarian salads, or a healthy lunch meal prep salad or dinner salad, you'll love our list of easy ideas.
Meal prep salads for the week on a Sunday and you'll enjoy delicious meal prep recipes all week long!
How to Meal Prep Salad
Making your salad recipes last for days in the fridge for lunch or dinner later in the week, can sometimes be a little tricky.
Here's some of our top tips on how to meal prep salad for the week and keep your salad fresh!
- Choose Fresh and Seasonal Ingredients: Fresh veggies will stay crisp longer.
- Prep Components Separately: To ensure each ingredient stays fresh, store them separately. For example, you can have containers for chopped veggies, proteins such as cooked chicken, and dressings and then you mix them together when it's time to eat them.
- Store Dressings Separately: Dressings can make your salad soggy if added in advance. Use separate containers for your dressings and add them right before you're ready to eat your lunch or dinner.
- Keep Leafy Greens Dry: Any moisture makes leafy greens get wet and slimy pretty fast. Make sure they're totally dry before storing them in the fridge.
- Use a Salad Spinner: We love using a salad spinner to help remove excess water from greens after washing.
- Prioritize Hardier Greens: Spinach, kale, shredded broccoli, shredded brussel sprouts, and cabbage tend to hold up better over time than softer greens like spring mix or butter lettuce.
- Layer Your Ingredients: If you prefer to prepare the entire salad in advance, layer your ingredients in a jar or container. For assembling mason jar salads, keep hardier, heavier ingredients at the bottom, and lighter ingredients, such as lettuce or herbs, at the top.
How long can I store salad for meal prep?
Salads that you meal prep in advance can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days, depending on the ingredients you're using.
It's best to add ingredients like leafy greens before serving because they may only stay good for a few days. Also, be mindful of the specific storage recommendations for the ingredients in your salad!
Can I meal prep salads with a variety of dietary restrictions?
Absolutely! Healthy meal prep salads can be adapted to accommodate various dietary restrictions. With countless ingredient options available, you can create salads that are suitable for different diets, including low carb, keto, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, and more.
Simply choose ingredients that align with your dietary needs and preferences and adjust the recipes accordingly.
How do I prevent salads from becoming soggy?
There are a few ways! You can pack the dressing separately and add it just before eating. You can also layer ingredients, placing wet or delicate ingredients, like tomatoes or cucumbers, on top of sturdier ingredients like greens or grains.
Another option is to use compartmentalized containers to keep ingredients separate until you're ready to combine them.
More Healthy Lunch Recipes
If you love these healthy salad recipes for lunch, you'll love these popular lunch recipe ideas too!