This Greek tomato cucumber salad is one of the best ways to enjoy all of the fresh tastes of summer! Whether you are selecting your tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and onions from your own garden, a farmer's market, or the locally-grown produce section of your grocery store, the fresh ingredients for this Greek salad, combined with feta cheese, kalamata olives, and red wine vinegar, make this entire 15-minutes dish a WHOLE LOTTA YUM.
Best Greek Salad Recipe
There is just something about a fresh salad in the summer heat, and this healthy Greek tomato cucumber salad is no exception.
We have been on a Mediterranean kick lately, so it was easy to incorporate the best of fresh vegetables, including cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, and onions, and adding in kalamata olives and feta cheese. Topping our Grecian-inspired salad, of course, is red wine vinegar and oregano to create the best Greek salad recipe.
The fact that it takes just 15-minutes to create our Green tomato cucumber salad is a nice little bonus to the rich flavor, and the crunch of crisp, fresh vegetables.
Whether you are serving your Greek tomato and cucumber salad as a side for lunch or dinner, using it as part of your weekly meal prep, or adding in some baked chicken cutlets to make a Greek salad bowl, the only wrong way to serve your Greek salad is to not serve one at all.
Why You'll Love This!
- Filled with cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, kalamata olives, and onions, our Greek tomato cucumber salad is filled with fresh, crisp, and delicious vegetables.
- We are seasoning our salad with red wine vinegar, dried oregano, and sea salt to make the best Greek salad recipe!
- Ready in just 15-minutes, Greek salad is perfect as a no-cook lunch or dinner, or as a meal prep to help you stick to your healthy lifestyle.
- Speaking of healthy eating plans, our Greek tomato cucumber salad is perfect for most of them! Whether you are low-carb, keto, gluten-free, sugar-free, or vegetarian, this salad works. And one quick adaptation can have you enjoying the Greek salad life while sticking to your dairy-free, Whole30, and vegan lifestyles as well (adaptations are listed below).
- Easily change the ingredients for Greek salad to meet your specific food preferences.
We love salads that eat like a meal in our home, and we make a lot of them! Be sure to try out other Mediterranean-inspired salads including the Italian antipasto salad, the tomato basil mozzarella salad, and the Greek chicken salad.
Ingredients for Greek Salad
As we love to say, fresh is best, and when it comes to your ingredients for Greek salad, this phrase still rings true. For our Greek cucumber and tomato salad, we aren't cooking a thing, so be sure your vegetables, cheese, and seasonings are as fresh as possible.
- cucumbers - sliced
- grape tomatoes - sliced tomatoes
- red onion - thinly sliced
- kalamata olives
- Feta cheese - small cubes or crumbles
- green pepper - sliced
- red wine vinegar
- dried oregano
- fine sea salt
- Feta - The feta can be cubed, crumbled, or served in large squares on top (which is the authentic Greek way).
- Red Wine Vinegar - Traditional Greek salad drizzles the salad with red wine vinegar and olive oil, our verision uses red wine vinegar dressing but the traditional version can be made instead.
- Optional Add-Ins - Other variations include mixing in cubed pre-cooked chicken or cooked quinoa.
- Vegan - Make your Greek tomato cucumber salad vegan by leaving out the feta and replacing it with a plant-based cheese or swapping it for avocado.
- Whole30 - Use avocado in place of the feta cheese to make your cucumber and tomato salad Whole30.
- Dairy-Free - Same as vegan or Whole30.
Step by Step Instructions
Chop and slice some vegetables, add in some seasoning, and after a quick toss your Greek tomato cucumber salad will be ready to go.
Prep the cucumber tomato salad ingredients by slicing the onions, cucumber, and green pepper.
You can leave the grape tomatoes whole or if you're using regular-sized tomatoes instead, cut them into wedges.
Add all of the vegetables to the bowl, including the olives.
Drizzle with the red wine vinegar, dried oregano, and sea salt.
Stir to combine the ingredients together.
Sprinkle with feta cheese cubes before serving. Enjoy!
- If you are meal-prepping your Greek tomato cucumber salad to enjoy later in the week, do not add the red wine vinegar dressing until you are ready to eat.
- One of the best things about a salad is how easy it is to customize and make it your own! Add or remove items as your own personal preferences dictate.
- For the best flavor and crunch, serve your Greek salad chilled.
Traditional Greek salad does not containt lettuce, but some people do prefer to serve it on a bed of lettuce leaves.
You can keep prepared Greek salad in the fridge in a covered container for up to 3 days; however, we do recommend leaving the dressing off if you know you will be storing it.
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salad recipes?