The instant pot hard boiled eggs 5 5 5 method is seriously the easiest way to make pressure cooker eggs! Once you learn how to do it, you'll have it memorized for good. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Why You'll Love 555 Instant Pot Eggs!
Having hard boiled eggs around the house is such a versatile weekly meal prep item. Whether you want to use them in a sandwich, salad, as a snack, for breakfast, or for devilled eggs, there are few foods that are as versatile as boiled eggs!
We are huge egg eaters in our household and eat them almost every day in some shape or form. It's not uncommon for us to easily go through 2-3 dozen eggs each week.
While we've tested numerous strategies with our pressure cooker, we keep coming back to the Instant Pot hard boiled eggs 5 5 5 recipe. No one wants to have to pull out a recipe to prepare something so simple...just memorize the pressure cooker 5 5 5 way and off you go.
- Using your pressure cooker to make eggs causes the shells to literally fall off in a way the stovetop method simply cannot do. No more hard to remove eggshell.
- The yolks turn out super creamy and have a better texture than other methods, plus they'll be bright yellow and not tinged with green
- The instant pot hard boiled eggs 5-5-5 method makes it easy to remember without a recipe
- Hands off cooking that doesn't require keeping an eye on a pot of boiling water
- Eggs make the perfect recipe for weekly meal prep
- They're healthy and work for most health plans such as whole30, vegetarian, keto, and gluten free.
Instant Pot 5 5 5 Eggs Ingredients
You can add as few or many eggs as comfortably fit in your pressure cooker for the instant pot eggs 5 5 5 way. Whether you add 6 eggs or 12 eggs, the eggs should turn out the same.
The steamer basket that comes with your Instant Pot works perfectly fine, but if you plan to cook a dozen or so eggs at a time regularly, you might consider a stackable egg steaming rack.
- 6 large eggs (up to 12 eggs works well)
- 1 cup cold water
A Pressure Cooker - This is the Instant Pot model that we used.
How to Make 555 Instant Pot Eggs
Add 1 cup of cold water to the bottom of your slow cooker.
Insert Instant Pot steamer basket.
Carefully place the desired number of eggs on the steamer basket, making sure to keep them spread-out and not touching.
Put the lid on your pressure cooker and make sure it's locked down.
Select the Pressure Cooker setting (on some models this is called Manual) and manually adjust to 5 minutes and press start.
Note: If you're new to cooking with a pressure cooker, it might take 5-10 minutes for your pot to heat up before it starts the cooking mode.
Once the Instant Pot timer goes off, you'll do a Natural Release of the pressure before pressing the valve to release the remaining pressure in the pot.
Remove the lid and carefully remove the eggs with tongs, kitchen tongs with silicone tips work perfectly for this.
To stop the eggs from cooking further, place them in a medium-sized bowl, covered them with cold water and let them cool down for 5 minutes before peeling. So easy!
More Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for even more pressure cooker recipes?
- Pressure cooker chicken noodle soup
- Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowl Recipe
- Instant pot cabbage and bacon
Please leave a review if you make our instant pot eggs 5 5 5 recipe! We love feedback from readers, plus it helps others too.