Making turkey burgers in air fryer is the BEST way to enjoy a flavorful burger any time of the year! We are starting with fresh ground turkey, adding in garlic, salt, pepper, and basil, and air frying them up with our favorite toppings! Done in under 30-minutes, air fryer turkey burgers are a quick and easy meal that is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Burgers are good at any time of the year, and turkey burgers are no exception. We have found that air frying our turkey burgers not only gets us a quick dinner but one that is juicy and flavorful! Turkey burgers in air fryer is a dinner we all love that is easily customized with a variety of toppings.
It's this customization that makes turkey burgers in air fryer such a great option! The turkey burgers themselves are low-carb, gluten-free, keto, dairy-free, and sugar-free. Depending on how you serve your burgers, they are able to work with a variety of eating plans.
Speaking of serving, you have a variety of options! Top your air fried turkey burgers with cheese or vegetables such as lettuce and tomato. Serve it on a bun or roll, or even break up your turkey burger to top a salad. You could also add bacon, avocado, or onion, and of course, the condiments of your choice.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Using fresh ground turkey and a few select seasoning, you can create juicy turkey burgers in your home quickly and easily.
- Season your turkey burger in air fryer with garlic, salt, pepper, and basil to create a burger that is bursting with flavor.
- With just 12-minutes of cook time, your air fried turkey burgers are ready super quick making this a perfect weeknight dinner option.
Serve your turkey burger in air fryer with air fried sweet potato fries and air fryer frozen broccoli for a quick meal that your whole family will love! Or our popular summer salad recipe for Mexican street corn with frozen corn.
We prefer using fresh ground turkey that does have some fat in it as the fat free (or nearly fat free) stuff is quite bland no matter how much seasoning you add. For seasoning, we are using minced garlic, salt, pepper, and basil.
- ground turkey
- garlic cloves
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- dried basil
- olive oil
- Optional - buns, rolls, toppings, and condiments of your choice
If you want to try something other than turkey in the air fryer, feel free to use this same recipe for either beef burgers or chicken burgers.
- Gluten-Free- While the turkey burgers themselves are gluten-free, be sure you choose a gluten-free bun.
- Keto- To keep your carb count as keto as possible either opt for a bun-free turkey burger or look for keto-approved options in your local grocery store.
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Making turkey burgers in air fryer is as easy as season, shape, and air fry!
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes.
While your air fryer is preheating, combine 1 lb of ground turkey with olive oil, minced garlic, sea salt and pepper, and dried basil in a bowl.
Divide the burger mix into 4 equal size balls and then flatten them into patties.
Depending on which size of the air fryer you have, you'll be able to make 2 or up to 4 air fryer turkey burgers at one time and make sure to place them in the air fryer in a single layer.
Preheat your air fryer to 360F. If your air fryer doesn't automatically do this for you, manually turn your model on for 5 minutes prior to cooking your turkey burgers.
It's ok to add a little oil or cooking spray if you have an aluminum air fryer basket. However, if your basket is non-stick do NOT use cooking spray. Cooking sprays ruin the finish and will make the food in the non-stick basket STICK.
Place your air fryer turkey burger in the preheated air fryer. They will need to cook for a total of 12 minutes, but you will need to flip them after 8 minutes.
However, if your burgers are extra thick they may need an extra minute or two. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness as you do not want to serve or consume under-cooked poultry. Poultry should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165F.
Air fryer models can differ in cooking time. We recommend using a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature.
- We prefer to use ground turkey with some fat in it. The almost fat free turkey doesn't have very much flavor.
- Use a burger press to evenly shape the patties. Not only will you get patties that are perfect, but they will also all cook evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes to ensure your turkey burgers in air fryer begin cooking as soon as you put them in.
- Cooking times can vary based on the model of air fryer you have. Check the cook time time a minute or two before the recipe says by chance you have an air fryer that cooks fast.
Air fried turkey burgers are a super versatile dinner and you can serve them with a variety of sides including french fries, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, or a side salad. If you are looking for the crunch of a potato chip without the carbs, try our kale chips as a great alternative!
To cook air fryer frozen turkey burgers you can follow the same steps and use the cooking temperature and cook time as the recipe. Preheat the air fryer to 365F and cook the frozen turkey burgers for a total of 18 minutes, flipping after halfway. Use a cooking thermometer to check the internal temperature and cook them just until 165F.
You can also use the recipe to make air fryer turkey sliders. Simply shape the patties into smaller balls and take 1-2 minutes off of the cooking time. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for more air fryer recipes?
- Air fryer steak tips
- Air fryer bratwurst
- Frozen chicken breast in the air fryer
- Air fryer chicken tenders
- Air fried breaded chicken breast