Keto Tuscan Chicken in the crock pot is an easy way to make a delicious meal with rich flavors and a creamy sauce. Tuscan chicken is next level with the rustic savory taste of sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite veggies or pasta it's guaranteed to be a Whole Lotta Yum!
Crock-pot Tuscan Chicken
We love this recipe for date nights, or when you want to cook that special someone a delicious meal. This meal has often been called 'Marry Me Chicken'. It's seriously that good! Try this Cast Iron Filet Mignon or our Steak and Lobster Surf & Turf for your next date night.
Another great this about this Tuscan chicken recipe is its simplicity. With just a few ingredients and a slow cooker, you can have a delicious and nutritious meal in no time. Don't have a slow cooker? Using a skillet or cast iron pan works just as well. You don't have to be a chef to make a beautiful dish.
If you've never had sun-dried tomatoes, this is a perfect recipe that showcases them so well! Delivering a slightly sweet and savory umami flavor that's also low in calories and high in fiber.
Why You'll Love This!
- Great for date night- A wonderful dish to prepare for your significant other.
- Super yummy- Savory umami flavors make this dish next level.
- Quick and easy! Just a few ingredients and a crock pot make this quick and easy. Keto slow cooker recipes are hard to beat!
- Healthy - Keto-friendly and gluten-free. For extra nutrition, pair it with fresh roasted vegetables.
🥘 Tuscan Chicken Crock Pot Recipe Ingredients
Whether you use thighs or chicken breasts you'll find this recipe and ingredients to be very budget-friendly. Perfect for that package of boneless chicken thighs that's been hanging out in the freezer for a while.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs - Fresh or frozen thighs or skinless chicken breasts will be great. Chicken breasts will offer a leaner meal if you're looking for less fat.
- Herbs & Spices - As always salt and pepper to taste, Italian seasoning, and smoked paprika are what we used in this recipe.
- Heavy whipping cream - For a non-dairy option use only coconut cream. Other kinds of milk or dairy products won't give the same creamy consistency that heavy cream does.
- Butter - Used for sauteing garlic and preparing the sauce.
- Minced garlic - Use fresh garlic cloves or jarred minced garlic. If you don't have those, garlic powder will work in a pinch.
- Fine sea salt & black pepper
- Sundried tomatoes - Jarred sun-dried tomatoes can come packed dry or in oil. If you're sticking to a keto diet, the ones packed in oil contain 15 grams of fat per cup, while sun-dried tomatoes that are dry-packed only contain 1.5 grams of fat.
- Shredded parmesan cheese - Avoid using the grated parmesan cheese in the plastic shaker container. Freshly shredded parmesan cheese will provide a much stronger nuttier flavor.
- Baby spinach -Try using kale, swiss chard, or arugula in place of spinach. In a pinch, you can use frozen chopped spinach. Cook in the microwave, squeeze out the liquid, and add at the end at the same time you'd add fresh spinach.
- Garnish - Chopped fresh parsley
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Different Meats: Use most cuts of chicken, pork chops, or steaks. Use portobello mushrooms for a meatless option.
- Without greens: It's fine to leave the spinach out of the dish, or replace them with other greens you prefer!
- Add heat: Add heat with sliced jalapenos, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Crock Pot or Dutch oven
- Saucepan for preparing your cream sauce.
🔪 How to Cook Keto Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Build your cream sauce, layer all of the goodness into the slow cooker, cover, and cook. Finish it off by adding a generous amount of fresh spinach.
Prep The Cream Sauce
Heat the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium low. Saute the minced garlic for 1 minute, or until it's fragrant.
Stir in the heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper. Stir constantly to prevent the cream from burning, until the cream is hot.
Add the shredded parmesan cheese in batches until it's melted, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
Prep The Chicken
Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of the crock pot. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Sprinkle the chopped sun-dried tomatoes over the chicken.
Carefully pour the cream sauce over the top of the chicken, trying to get as much of the sauce on top of the chicken thighs and not as much on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Cook On Low
Cook the Tuscan chicken thighs for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. When the chicken is done, remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside on a plate.
Turn the crock pot up to high (if it isn't already) and add the baby spinach leaves to the pot. Stir until the spinach leaves wilt.
Add the seasoned chicken, back to the pot and spoon the cream sauce, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes over the top. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!
🥗 Dietary Substitutions
As written our creamy Tuscan chicken recipe is keto-friendly and gluten-free.
- Dairy-free & Whole30: Swap out the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and butter for your favorite dairy-free versions.
- Vegetarian: Swap out the chicken and chicken stock for portobello mushrooms and vegetable stock.
💡 Recipe Tips
- This recipe is based on using thawed chicken. You can cook frozen chicken in the slow cooker. Make the recipe as directed, and double-check the temperature of your meat with a meat thermometer before serving. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Add a touch of heat with some red pepper flakes.
🥡 Storing and Reheating
- Storing: Once cooled, store leftover Tuscan chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Freezing: You can freeze this recipe if you need to. Ideally portioning out the chicken with equal parts sauce is best for easy thawing later on. Try storing sauces or liquid in Souper Cubes, seals perfectly and is great for removing without fuss.
- Reheating: Reheat on the stovetop or the microwave. To thin the sauce add a drizzle of chicken broth to the dish before heating it
Keep this dish low-carb by serving over-top oven-roasted veggies, cauliflower rice, zoodles (zucchini noodles), or low-carb pasta. Alternatively, creamy Tuscan chicken can be served on top of mashed potatoes, rice, or roasted sweet potatoes.
Yes! Frozen chicken can go right from the freezer to the slow cooker. That's one of the great things about slow cookers. Always double check the temperature of the chicken before serving to make sure it has cooked through.
You can create versions of this Tuscan chicken recipe with chicken breasts, tenders, pork chops, or steaks.
😋 More Keto Chicken Recipes
Check out even more popular keto chicken recipes!
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Keto White Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Butter Chicken
💌 Get Meal Prep Help!
📌 Pin for Later
📌 Be sure to pin the recipe to Pinterest so you can easily find it again! ⬆️