Our keto chicken parmesan casserole, made with cauliflower rice and diced chicken, is the easiest, one-pan dinner! Bursting with flavor, this entire recipe takes less than 30-minutes to prepare and cook and will please everyone at your table because it is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Chicken Parm Casserole
With cauliflower rice instead of pasta, shredded chicken, 3 types of cheese, a marinara sauce, this keto chicken parmesan casserole is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
Why This Recipe Works
- With no breading or pasta anywhere in this dish, keto chicken parmesan casserole is perfect for those who follow a low-carb lifestyle.
- Using pre-cooked, diced chicken saves you a ton of time and helps keep this low carb chicken parmesan casserole recipe a dinner you can make in under 30-minutes!
- With Italian seasoning and your favorite marinara sauce, you will get all of the flavors you know and love from traditional chicken parmesan without the extras you don't.
- Keto chicken parmesan casserole is also gluten-free and low-carb!
Keto chicken casseroles are a great way to enjoy low-carb chicken dishes any night of the week! If you love low-carb chicken casseroles as much as we do be sure to check out our Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole our Fajita Chicken Bake, or our Easy Chicken Green Chili Casserole.
And definitely check out this low-carb chicken parmesan bake using whole pieces of chicken breast and topped with fresh mozarella!
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
- Olive oil
- Cooked chicken - Either cooked diced or shredded chicken will work, rotisserie chicken works too but it could make the dish a little saltier.
- Marinara sauce - use a sugar-free brand like Rao's to keep it low carb.
- Cauliflower rice- we defrosted frozen cauliflower rice, fresh can be used as well. It could take a couple extra minutes to cook through.
- Mozzarella cheese - Shredding your own cheese is always recommended, pre-shredded cheese costs more and adds starch as a filler (which increases the carbs)
- Shredded Parmesan
- Cream cheese- use full-fat cream cheese to help keep the carbs down. Check the labels of various brands also.
- Seasoning- Garlic salt, ground black pepper, Italian seasoning
Use broccoli rice instead of cauliflower rice.
Swap veggie rice for white rice if you are not following a low-carb lifestyle.
Step by Step Instructions
Now that you know what we are cooking and what is going into it, let's get to cooking this amazing keto chicken parmesan casserole!
If your chicken is fresh or frozen, be sure to boil, cool, and cube it before starting to prepare you dish.
In a large oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
Add cauliflower rice to the pan and saute until cooked through.
Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add 4 oz of cream cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, and ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Stir until melted.
Stir in 1 ½ cups marinara sauce and 4 cups cooked chicken. Simmer until the entire casserole is heated through.
Top with 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella and the ½ cup shredded parmesan.
Broil 1-2 minutes in the oven to melt and lightly brown your cheese.
Garnish (optional) with pork rinds, shredded fresh basil, parmesan cheese, or crushed cheese crisps.
- This recipe is based on using pre-cooked chicken. We love to cook it in batches and then defrost it to make quick weeknight dinners. Rotisserie chicken should also work, it could be a little bit saltier so maybe cut back on added salt to the dish
- The recipe used frozen cauliflower rice that was defrosted in a microwave first. If you're using fresh cauliflower rice it'll add a couple minutes to the cooking time.
- Be sure your marinara sauce is low-carb.
- Use fresh mozzarella to keep the carb count as low as possible.
- If you love garlic, feel free to saute the cauliflower rice in minced garlic.
- Top with additional marinara sauce if you like your keto chicken parmesan casserole saucier.
- You can easily double this recipe and cook it in a 9x13 pan for a larger family or to have leftovers to use throughout the week.
Keto chicken parmesan casserole is a one-pan dinner, but if you prefer to serve something with it a side salad or roasted vegetables would be ideal to stay low-carb. Potatoes also make a good side if you are serving guests who do not follow a low-carb lifestyle.
Yes, this low carb chicken parmesan casserole can be frozen for up to 3-months. Bake from frozen at 350F for up to one hour, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Covering with foil for the first 30-45 minutes will help prevent the cheese from burning.
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container and eat within 4-5 days.
More Keto Chicken Casseroles
Looking for more keto chicken casserole recipes?
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Fajita Chicken Bake
- Easy Chicken Green Chili Casserole
- Creamy Green Chili Chicken Bake
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Easy to make and very tasty 😋
Can I prep this and put it in the fridge overnight and pop it on the oven the next day to cook?
I think that would be fine to make ahead and bake the next day. It'll take a little longer in the oven.