Our low-carb chicken divan is exactly what your weeknight dinner rotation is looking for! Made with precooked chicken, broccoli, cream of chicken soup (homemade or canned), cheddar cheese, and curry powder, our cheese chicken and broccoli casserole is the ultimate comfort food that even picky eaters will love. Grab your favorite casserole dish and get ready to make yourself a WHOLE LOTTA YUM dinner.
Keto Chicken Divan Casserole
Most of us know that chicken divan casserole makes for the ultimate comfort food meal! Rich and hearty, it's a dish that even kids and picky eaters have a hard time saying no to. Filled with chicken, broccoli, and a savory sauce, chicken divan is a dish that I have fond memories of devouring frequently at my aunt's house.
As much as I loved my aunt's recipe as a child, nowadays our family tries to make healthier food choices, and we frequently follow low-carb and keto eating plans... something that traditional Chicken Divan recipes cannot adhere to.
After finding easy ways to remove some of the carbs from the chicken divan casserole, we now have a delicious and easy keto chicken casserole with cheese and broccoli to enjoy. It also makes the best chicken divan casserole out there and only has 7 net carbs per serving!
Why You'll Love This!
- Our low-carb chicken divan casserol needs just 10-mintues of preptime leaving you free to chat with your family, work on homework with the kids, or sit back and relax while the oven works it's magic.
- Loaded with precooked chicken, broccoli, and a savory sauce, then topped with cheddar cheese, our keto chicken broccoli casseroll is a quick and easy one-dish dinner.
- We have adapted our chicken and broccoli bake to be compliant with a variety of healthy eating plans including low-carb, keto, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
- This chicken broccoli keto casserole recipe works whether you are making a homemade sauce or opting to grab a can of Campbells Cream of Chicken soup.
If you are looking for even more chicken casserole dinner options to make weeknight cooking in your house super easy, then look no further than our chicken green chili casserole, our green chili chicken bake, and our baked salsa chicken
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
Gather up some pre-cooked chicken, broccoli, and a block of cheddar cheese, plus all the ingredients for a savory sauce, and get ready to make this delicious low-carb chicken divan.
- broccoli - cut into bite size pieces
- chicken breast - cooked and chopped or shredded
- cream of chicken soup - homemade is preferred or or one can of Campbells Cream of Chicken Condensed soup
- curry powder
- lemon juice - fresh
- ground sea salt
- ground black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
***Note: The homemade soup linked above is for a gluten-free recipe, rather than a keto one. To make it low-carb, the rule of thumb is 1 teaspoon zantham gum for 3 tablespoon of the flour to be used as a low-carb thickener. Also, I omit the chicken the recipe calls for as chicken is already in the chicken divan recipe.
- We use a variety of boiled chicken, baked thin chicken cutlets, chicken tenderloins, and even rotisserie chicken to make our keto chicken divan.
Step by Step Instructions
Making your keto chicken broccoli casserole is as simple as combining your chicken, broccoli, and sauce, topping it with the shredded cheddar cheese, and baking it in the oven until is bubbling and delicious.
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Grease a 7x11 baking pan or casserole dish.
Cook the broccoli in the microwave in a covered microwave-safe dish for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix the condensed cream of chicken soup, mayo, curry powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Lay the chicken in the bottom of the baking pan and top with broccoli.
With a spatula, carefully spread the chicken divan dressing over the top of the broccoli.
Top with 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbling.
Serve your low-carb chicken divan immediately.
- For best results, cook your broccoli, whether fresh or frozen, prior to putting it in your low-carb chicken divan.
- To keep the carbs as low as possible, shred the cheese from a block instead of buying pre-shredded cheese (plus, it does taste better!).
- If you opt for rotisseri chicken in your chicken divan, reduce or omit the salt altogther.
- All curry powders can vary slightly in taste, we used McCormick's brand. Curry powder is an Indian spice, we do not recommend substituting Thai curry paste since it hasn't been tested in the recipe.
While our keto chicken divan casserole is a one-dish meal, feel free to add a side salad, an extra vegetable dish, or dinner rolls.
You can store any leftovers you have in the fridge for up to 4 days in a covered container.
Yes, we specifically designed our chicken divan to be low-carb.
The best way to control the carbs in your dish is to grate your cheddar cheese fresh from the block and use homemade cream of chicken soup rather than store-bought.
However, if you are short on time, you can opt for a canned soup like Campbells, which has just 20-carbs per can. While this might seem like a lot at first, remember that those 20 carbs are divided per serving, adding just 2.5 carbs per serving, or 7 net carbs total.
We usually pre-cook our chicken in an instant pot, but you can also use boiled chicken, baked thin chicken cutlets, chicken tenderloins, as well as leftover chicken from a prior night, or rotisserie chicken.
More Chicken Recipes
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Easy Chili Verde Chicken Casserole
- The Best Low Carb Keto Chicken Dinner Recipes
- 7 Amazing Low Carb Keto Chicken Salads
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Debbie Thomas says
I've made this several times! It's a winner, winner chicken dinner. 😆 I couldn't resist!🤭
Can you share your recipe for the homemade condensed cream of chicken soup? I don’t see it as part of the recipe.
I don't have a recipe for it but we did add an option to the recipe someone else made.
This was fantastic! I used leftover baked chicken tenders, chopped, and the curry gave it a nice flavor and helped cover the basic cream of chicken flavor. Definitely a keeper!
Does this need curry paste, powder, or sauce?
It's curry powder, thanks for clarifying! I'll update the recipe.
Alisha Ross says
This looks amazing! Who would have ever thought “skinny” and “fried chicken” would never be in the same sentence?