Our low-carb chicken divan is exactly what your weeknight dinner rotation is looking for! Made with precooked chicken, broccoli, cream of chicken soup (homemade or canned), cheddar cheese, and curry powder, our cheese chicken and broccoli casserole is the ultimate comfort food that even picky eaters will love. Grab your favorite casserole dish and get ready to make yourself a WHOLE LOTTA YUM dinner.
Keto Chicken Divan Casserole
Most of us know that chicken divan casserole makes for the ultimate comfort food meal! Rich and hearty, it's a dish that even kids and picky eaters have a hard time saying no to. Filled with chicken, broccoli, and a savory sauce, chicken divan is a dish that I have fond memories of devouring frequently at my aunt's house.
As much as I loved my aunt's recipe as a child, nowadays our family tries to make healthier food choices, and we frequently follow low-carb and keto eating plans... something that traditional Chicken Divan recipes cannot adhere to.
After finding easy ways to remove some of the carbs from the chicken divan casserole, we now have a delicious and easy keto chicken casserole with cheese and broccoli to enjoy. It also makes the best chicken divan casserole out there and only has 7 net carbs per serving!
Why You'll Love This!
- Our low-carb chicken divan casserol needs just 10-mintues of preptime leaving you free to chat with your family, work on homework with the kids, or sit back and relax while the oven works it's magic.
- Loaded with precooked chicken, broccoli, and a savory sauce, then topped with cheddar cheese, our keto chicken broccoli casseroll is a quick and easy one-dish dinner.
- We have adapted our chicken and broccoli bake to be compliant with a variety of healthy eating plans including low-carb, keto, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
- This chicken broccoli keto casserole recipe works whether you are making a homemade sauce or opting to grab a can of Campbells Cream of Chicken soup.
If you are looking for even more chicken casserole dinner options to make weeknight cooking in your house super easy, then look no further than our chicken green chili casserole, our green chili chicken bake, and our baked salsa chicken
Gather up some pre-cooked chicken, broccoli, and a block of cheddar cheese, plus all the ingredients for a savory sauce, and get ready to make this delicious low-carb chicken divan.
- broccoli - cut into bite size pieces
- chicken breast - cooked and chopped or shredded
- cream of chicken soup - homemade is preferred or or one can of Campbells Cream of Chicken Condensed soup
- curry powder
- lemon juice - fresh
- ground sea salt
- ground black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
***Note: The homemade soup linked above is for a gluten-free recipe, rather than a keto one. To make it low-carb, the rule of thumb is 1 teaspoon zantham gum for 3 tablespoon of the flour to be used as a low-carb thickener. Also, I omit the chicken the recipe calls for as chicken is already in the chicken divan recipe.
- We use a variety of boiled chicken, baked thin chicken cutlets, chicken tenderloins, and even rotisserie chicken to make our keto chicken divan.
Step by Step Instructions
Making your keto chicken broccoli casserole is as simple as combining your chicken, broccoli, and sauce, topping it with the shredded cheddar cheese, and baking it in the oven until is bubbling and delicious.
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Grease a 7x11 baking pan or casserole dish.
Cook the broccoli in the microwave in a covered microwave-safe dish for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix the condensed cream of chicken soup, mayo, curry powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Lay the chicken in the bottom of the baking pan and top with broccoli.
With a spatula, carefully spread the chicken divan dressing over the top of the broccoli.
Top with 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbling.
Serve your low-carb chicken divan immediately.
- For best results, cook your broccoli, whether fresh or frozen, prior to putting it in your low-carb chicken divan.
- To keep the carbs as low as possible, shred the cheese from a block instead of buying pre-shredded cheese (plus, it does taste better!).
- If you opt for rotisseri chicken in your chicken divan, reduce or omit the salt altogther.
- All curry powders can vary slightly in taste, we used McCormick's brand. Curry powder is an Indian spice, we do not recommend substituting Thai curry paste since it hasn't been tested in the recipe.
While our keto chicken divan casserole is a one-dish meal, feel free to add a side salad, an extra vegetable dish, or dinner rolls.
You can store any leftovers you have in the fridge for up to 4 days in a covered container.
Yes, we specifically designed our chicken divan to be low-carb.
The best way to control the carbs in your dish is to grate your cheddar cheese fresh from the block and use homemade cream of chicken soup rather than store-bought.
However, if you are short on time, you can opt for a canned soup like Campbells, which has just 20-carbs per can. While this might seem like a lot at first, remember that those 20 carbs are divided per serving, adding just 2.5 carbs per serving, or 7 net carbs total.
More Chicken Recipes
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Easy Chili Verde Chicken Casserole
- The Best Low Carb Keto Chicken Dinner Recipes
- 7 Amazing Low Carb Keto Chicken Salads
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (or shredded)
- 1 batch of homemade cream of chicken soup or or one can of Campbells Cream of Chicken Condensed soup
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- ½ teaspoon ground sea salt
- ¼ ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and grease a 7x11 baking pan or casserole dish.
- Cook the broccoli in the microwave in a covered microwave-safe dish for 4 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- In a medium-size bowl mix the condensed cream of chicken soup, mayo, curry powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Lay the chicken in the bottom of the baking pan and add broccoli on top of the chicken
- With a spatula, carefully spread the chicken divan dressing over the top of the broccoli
- Top with 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until heated through a starting to bubble
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
To keep the carbs as low as possible, shred the cheese from a block instead of buying pre-shredded cheese. Campbell's cream of chicken soup can still be part of a low-carb diet but use a homemade recipe to cut back on the carbs even more.
If you substitute rotisserie chicken for boiled chicken, it will taste saltier and eliminate the salt from the recipe.
All curry powders can vary slightly in taste, we used McCormick's brand. Curry powder is an Indian spice, we do not recommend substituting Thai curry paste since it hasn't been tested in the recipe.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 321Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 74mgSodium 877mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 24g
This is a nutrition estimate only, the total net carbs is 7 per serving.