You won't believe how easy it is to make this keto baked pork chops recipe, complete with a mustard crumb herb crust, in less than 30-minutes! Baked right in your oven, these low carb pork chops are full of juicy flavor and have a perfectly crisp outer crust. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM way to enjoy dinner.
Low Carb Baked Pork Chops Recipe
When I first got married 19 years ago a good friend gave me her favorite baked pork chop recipe. I was learning how to cook and while I had spent many years baking, I wasn’t quite sure what to do with the main dish. She promised me these bone-in chops were easy and delicious. She was right and over the years these baked pork chops have become my go-to pork recipe because they’re THAT good! I have, however, made a small adjustment to accommodate a more carb-conscious lifestyle.
If you want a simple yet impressive dinner to serve your family for dinner or for your holiday table, this is it! These super tender keto baked pork chops will be the star of the show. Pair them with baked cauliflower mac and cheese and air fryer broccoli to stay low carb, or get festive with a sausage and apple stuffing and a sweet potato casserole. No matter how you opt to serve these low-carb baked pork chops, your guests are going to rave about them.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- With our baked pork chops low carb recipe you won't be in the kitchen any longer than 30-minutes because these lovelies cook up super quickly!
- Seasoned with a blend of parsley, thyme, and dry mustard, these keto oven fried pork chops are bursting with flavor in every bite.
- The secret to cooking the low carb baked pork chops in just 30-minutes lies in the fact that we are going to broil them before we bake them! Not only does this step making the entire cooking process faster, but it also helps to lock in all of the moisture that bone-in pork chops naturally have.
- Made with pork rinds, our keto pork chops recipe is perfect for anyone who is following gluten-free, low-carb, keto, or dairy-free lifestyles.
If you love pork as much as we do, be sure to check out our other pork dinner ideas including these juicy air fryer pork chops, the best pressure cooker pulled pork, and our Hawaiian pulled pork as well!
Starting with bone-in pork chops, this keto baked pork chop recipe needs just a few kitchen basics to give you tender and easy baked pork chops each and every time.
- pork chops - bone-in (standard chops or frenched cut)
- pork rinds - crushed
- fresh parsley - chopped
- olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Pork Rinds - If you prefer you can use almond flour in place of the pork rinds. The measurements are the same.
- Dried Herbs - While we love both parsley and thyme, you can opt for any variety of herbs including Italian seasoning.
- Dijon Mustard - Regular yellow or stone-ground mustard will also work for your keto pork chops.
Step By Step Instructions
To make our easy keto baked pork chops we are going to create the crust, season the chops, broil, and bake - and we are going to do it all in under 30-minutes!
Turn your oven to broil and position your oven rack so that it’s 6” below the heat source.
Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crushed pork rinds, fresh parsley, olive oil, Dijon mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper to make the mustard crumb coating.
Dip each gluten-free keto pork chop in the "bread crumb" mixture to coat. Flip and coat the other side too, then place the pork chops on the prepared baking sheet.
Spread the remaining mixture equally between the chops patting it down into a thin coating and if there’s excess covering the sides as well. And if you don't feel like you have enough crust to your liking, feel free to double the coating recipe!
Don’t worry about trying to coat the pork chops perfectly, just try to get your crumb coating evenly distributed on the tops and bottoms.
Broil and Bake
Broil the keto baked pork chops for 3 minutes. If your broiler is known for cooking unevenly, keep an eye on your chips.
After 3-minutes, flip each pork chop and broil for an additional 3 minutes.
Immediately turn the oven to 350° and put the pork chops back in on the middle rack for 12-15 minutes, or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145.
Allow your low-carb baked pork chops to rest for a few minutes before serving with your favorite sides.
- If you want your keto baked pork chops to come out both juicy and crisp, don't skimp on the broiling!
- Be sure to place your broiler racks 6" from the broiler and keep an eye on your pork chops while they are broiling.
- Transition your oven from broiler to bake as soon as the second side of your pork chops has finished broiling.
- We recommend checking the low carb baked pork chops for doneness after 10-minutes of baking. Typically they will take 12-14 minutes, but thinner chops or oven variances may allow yours to cook faster.
When you're looking for a low carb pork chop recipe, you'll LOVE this one!
You can store any leftover baked pork chops you have in the fridge in a covered container and they will last for up to 4 days.
If you're concerned over potential pork chop carbs, don't be! Pork chops are naturally carbohydrate free. Where the potential for carbs come in all pork dishes is from the sauces, seasonings, or coatings that are added during cooking. To keep all of your pork chop recipes low-carb utilize sugar-free or homemade seasonings and opt for pork rinds or almond flour for breaded versions.
Frenched pork chops are chops that have the bone sticking out on the end. They make a lovely presentation but are not necessary for this recipe.
More Keto Pork Recipes
Looking for more keto pork recipes??