Finding quick and healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss makes weekdays simpler and takes the guesswork out of what to cook.
I’m sure like many of us, you don’t mind eating the same dish 2-3 times in a week as long as it’s good food, tasty, and easy to put together.
Healthy Meal Prep Ideas
This collection of quick and healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss for breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all lower calorie, include healthy fats, and most use lean protein sources. The majority can be prepped in under 30 minutes!
Ready to get prepping? Here’s a list of some of our favorite meal prep containers! Planning meals in advance is one of the keys to meal prep for weight loss success.
- Plastic BPA free meal prep containers – We love these, especially for meals that don’t need to be reheated, but even if they do, they’re BPA free. Buying a sturdy plastic container is the least expensive way for low carb and keto meal prep.
- Glass Meal Prep Containers – 5 pack – Glass meal prep containers work great for your low carb lunch, they heat well and are very sturdy. The downside to using glass is they’re heavier, they cost more, and don’t stack as well as the plastic containers.
- Souper Freezer Cubes – great for freezing extra meals or soups in 2 cup sizes.
Be sure to download the Whole30 Grocery List below when you join our recipe email list!
V V V
>> Starting Whole30? Grab our FREE Whole30 grocery list printable here! <<
Meal Prep Lunch Bowls
Here are 5 weight loss meal prep recipes served in a bowl that you can take on the go for lunch or make in advance for dinner.
Weight Watchers Eggroll in a Bowl
Eggroll in a Bowl (Weight Watchers) by Whole Lotta Yum
If you haven’t yet tried eggroll in a bowl, you’re in for a treat! This weight watchers version uses ground chicken instead of ground pork and takes all of your favorite eggroll toppings and makes a “deconstructed eggroll”.
This will seriously become one of your go-to meal prep for weight loss ideas whether it’s for lunch or dinner. Serve alongside crispy fresh veggies or with coleslaw.
Paleo Fish Taco Bowl
Fish Taco Bowls by Whole Lotta Yum
You won’t believe how fast and easy it is to make these paleo dairy free fish taco bowls, the seasoned fish cooks in just 10 minutes! Serve it over a crunchy coleslaw salad with avocado to get a side of healthy fats.
Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
Thai chopped chicken salad by Fed and Fit
You won’t miss Thai food takeout when you can make this weight loss lunch meal prep version. The salad keeps for days in the fridge since it uses veggies that stay crisp.
Spicy Tuna Bowls
Spicy tuna bowls by Kirbie’s Craving
Get that homemade sushi fix by making your favorite Japanese inspired meal prep recipe to lose weight right at home anytime sushi cravings strike. Even better? This tuna bowl skips the rice and uses cauliflower rice to make lunch even lighter.
Chicken Burrito Bowl
Chicken burrito bowl by Damn Delicious
Healthy meal prep doesn’t get any easier than these chicken burrito bowls by Damn Delicious. It’s so easy to make swaps depending on your dietary preferences. This packs so much flavor you don’t need any cheese.
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup cucumbers, sliced (we used TJ Persian)
- Tomatoes, cut into small wedges 8 oz
- Feta cheese, 8 oz cut into small cubes or crumbled
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts, precooked
- 1 lb cauliflower rice, sauteed
- 4 cups lettuce
- tzatziki sauce, 1 Tbsp per bowl
- fresh dill, optional garnish
- 1/4 cup+ red wine vinegar dressing
- Slice the chicken and set it aside
- Make the Greek salad
- Cook the cauliflower rice
- Assemble the Greek chicken salad bowls
Greek Salad Recipe
- Prep the Greek salad vegetables by slicing the onions, cucumber, and green pepper, and cutting the tomato into sections.
- Add the vegetables to a medium-sized bowl and add the red wine vinegar dressing, dill, and feta cheese crumbles. Combine well and set aside.
Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Heat a medium-size non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan.
- Add the 1 lb bag of cauliflower rice to the pan and saute it until the cauliflower is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You'll be layering the vegetables in a bowl or meal prep container. Place the chopped lettuce in the bottom of the bowl.
- Top the lettuce with the Greek salad.
- Add cauliflower rice and top it with a sliced pre-cooked chicken breast. Serve and enjoy! This is a great recipe for meal prep lunches or dinner and makes 4 servings.
Simplify the recipe by making Greek chicken salad meal prep bowls using pre-cooked chicken, store-bought tzatziki, and pre-cooked cauliflower rice.
This is an easy recipe to make swaps like skipping the cauliflower rice, adding shrimp instead of chicken, or leaving out any vegetable you don't want in the salad, or adding avocado.
The salads will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Be sure to pin this to Pinterest so you can find it again later!
V V V