Buffalo chicken celery sticks are perfect when you need a fast and easy snack or a quick, portable lunch on the go! Made with leftover homemade buffalo chicken dip and fresh celery sticks, our buffalo chicken celery sticks are the ultimate in no-cook healthy snacking that is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Buffalo Chicken Dip with Celery
I was never a fan of buffalo chicken. For years I would pass when it was offered at a buffet or on at able with crackers.
Until, one day, I decided to give it a try. I started with a basic recipe then worked to perfect my own version of buffalo chicken dip, which I will now admit to eating right off the spoon when no one is looking!
And while we love serving buffalo chicken dip alongside traditional options such as crackers or tortilla chips, or even with low-carb options including pepperoni chips and cheese crackers, we also really enjoy making our buffalo ants-on-a-log when we top celery with our homemade buffalo chicken dip.
As does pretty much everyone else we have served this dish too. It's super versatile and full of flavor, so it works well as a quick snack, as part of a low-carb or gluten-free meal, or laid out on game day as part of an appetizer spread!
Why You'll Love This!
- Made with our homemade buffalo chicken dip, our buffalo chicken celery sticks are ready in under 20-minutes!
- Utilizing lefover buffalo chicken dip, our buffalo chicken stuffed celery sticks is a no-cook option that is perfect for snacktime, gametime, or dinner time!
- Guilt-free snacking that you can feel good about, our buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks is low-carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free!
If you are looking to pair your buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks with some other low-carb snack options look no further than our microwave pepperoni chips, our 6-minute parmesan crisps, and our air fryer chicken wings.
And if you love celery-based snacks as much as we do, be sure to try our everything seasoning and cream cheese stuffed celery sticks as well!
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
You just need a few tasty ingredients for this buffalo chicken dip with celery recipe. You can either purchase store-bought buffalo chicken dip or you can make our popular crowd-pleasing crockpot buffalo chicken dip recipe.
- celery sticks
- buffalo chicken dip - homemade or storebought
- blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Frank's buffalo wing hot sauce
I highly recommend that you make your own homemade buffalo dip, it tastes SO much better! A quick overview of our stovetop recipe is found below or you can get the full slow cooker recipe here.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
- chicken - cooked and shredded chicken
- cream cheese - softened and cut into cubes
- sour cream
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic salt
- olive oil
- Garnish- blue cheese, chives (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
Making your buffalo chicken celery sticks is super easy, especially if you are starting with the buffalo chicken dip already made. However, we are going to include the directions for our stovetop buffalo chicken dip below if you need to whip up a batch.
Wash the celery and pat it dry with a paper towel.
Cut each celery stick into thirds.
Spread a layer of warm or cold buffalo chicken dip on top of the celery.
Sprinkle the tops of the buffalo chicken celery sticks with blue cheese crumbles and Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce, if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Dip for Celery Sticks
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan or skillet on the stove-top on medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan.
- Add the cooked shredded chicken, cream cheese cubes, sour cream, Red Hot sauce, the shredded cheese, and garlic salt to the pan. Stir all ingredients together.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until the dip is heated through, stirring the mixture now and then.
- Makes about 1 ½ cups of dip for celery or to serve with cracks and tortilla chips.
- If you are using warm buffalo chicken dip for your celery sticks, serve immediately. However, if you are serving it with cold dip, feel free to make your buffalo chicken celery sticks ahead of time and store in the fridge.
- We cut the celery into thirds, which is a typical size for celery snacks. Feel free to opt for larger or smaller pieces based in your preference.
- You will have leftover buffalo chicken dip if you make the dip just for the buffalo chicken celery sticks. Double the celery used or serve the extra dip with pepperoni chips, crackers, or your favorite buffalo chicken dip side.
- Buffalo chicken dip with celery is a crowd-pleaser, so feel free to double or triple the recipe!
We love to serve our buffalo chicken dip celery sticks alongside a variety of appetizers including pepperoni chips, cheese crackers, and air fryer chicken wings. Of course, you could always opt for your favorite snacks and appetizers as well.
You can store any leftover buffalo chicken dip you have in the fridge in a covered container for up to four days!
Yes, you can freeze buffalo chicken dip in the freezer in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. To use, simply defrost the frozen dip and simmer on medium-low in a saucepan until heated through.
More Appetizer Recipes?
Looking for more appetizer recipes?
- Everything Seasoning Cream Cheese Celery Sticks
- Keto Candied Pecans
- Pepperoni Chips
- Parmesan Crisps
- Cheddar Crackers
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply