Looking for a more nutritious alternative to traditional French fries? Give these crispy and delicious Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries a try. They are seasoned with a delightful blend of sea salt and garlic herb seasoning and can be enjoyed as a snack or side dish. Plus, they pair perfectly with your preferred dipping sauce that's a Whole Lotta Yum!
Sweet Potato Air Fryer Fries
A delicious and healthy alternative to regular french fries. By air frying sweet potato fries instead of deep frying you can reduce the amount of oil and calories even more. Everyone loves a guilt-free snack! Crispy and flavorful, they'll soon become a family favorite.
Season and customize your fries with your favorite seasoning, or keep it simple with sea salt and pepper. Delicious with any dipping sauce whether it be sweet, tangy, or spicy.
Pair your air fryer sweet potato fries with any of our other air fryer favorite recipes like chicken nuggets, chicken wings, old bay shrimp, or corn dogs. Whip these up for the kiddo's lunches, or a quick weeknight dinner.
Why You'll Love This!
- Great for snacks- Crispy sweet potato fries make the best snacks!
- Super yummy- Sweet potato fries have a delicious salty and sweet flavor that you'll crave.
- Quick and easy! Making fries is a lot easier with air fryers and just as delicious as their deep-fried counterparts.
- Healthy - A great source of fiber, beta-carotene, and a lower fat content than that of regular potatoes and traditional fries in a deep fryer.
🥘 Homemade Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients
Just a handful of ingredients make flavorful crispy sweet potato fries.
- Sweet potatoes - Scrubbed, clean, and peeled.
- Avocado oil - Olive oil, canola oil, or grape seed oil will all work as well. For a richer flavor use melted salted butter.
- Sea salt - Use whichever salt you have on hand, table salt included. Season to taste immediately after your sweet potato fries are cooked.
- Garlic and herb seasoning - Mrs. Dash seasoning is wonderful because it doesn't have any added salt. However, if you do choose a seasoning that does have salt, just omit the salt listed in the recipe, or season to taste.
- Garnish - Chopped parsley
- Side - Your favorite dipping sauce
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Seasonings: Experiment with different seasoning blends like cajun seasoning, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, or garlic salt.
- Colorful Fries: In addition to sweet potatoes, add sliced parsnips, carrots, or beet to the air fryer.
- Dipping Sauces: Some delicious sauce options include ketchup, ranch, garlic aioli, or honey mustard.
🔪 How to Air Fry Sweet Potato Fries
Prep and peel your sweet potatoes evenly. Season generously before you cook sweet potato fries in the air fryer. Serve golden brown fries with your favorite condiments!
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
Cut the peeled potatoes into ¼-½ inch thick fries. Pat the potato slices dry with a paper towel, then coat them with oil in a large bowl.
Add sea salt and garlic and herb seasoning to the potatoes and toss to combine.
Place the potatoes in the air fryer, in a single layer.
Cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove the fries from the air fryer and put in another batch if necessary.
Serve hot with optional parsley garnish and dipping sauce.
🥗 Dietary Substitutions
As written our air fryer sweet potato fries are keto friends, whole30 compliant, dairy free, and gluten free.
- Note: Choose a dipping sauce that fits within your specific dietary guidelines.
💡 Recipe Tips
- When air frying it's crucial to avoid overcrowding by placing them in a single layer. Overcrowding can cause the fries to steam.
- When cutting your sweet potatoes it's recommended to keep the fries as evenly sized as possible to ensure they cook the same. If some fries are different sizes, air fry similar sizes together.
- Flip the fries halfway through to promote crispy bits on all sides.
- Preheat the air fryer before you add fries.
- Soak the sweet potato fries in cold water for about 30 minutes before cooking. This will help to remove extra starch and make the fries crispier.
🥡 Storing and Reheating
- Storing: Store your sweet potato fries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: To freeze, wait for your fries to cool. Then, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for about an hour until they are firm. After that, you can transfer them to a freezer-safe plastic bag or airtight container. Store frozen sweet potato fries for up to 3 months.
- Reheating: To reheat leftover sweet potato fries, simply place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes at 400 degrees, until they're heated through. You can also use an oven or toaster oven and bake them at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until they're hot.
Sweet potato fries can be paired with a wide range of different foods. I enjoy serving them with burgers, sandwiches, wraps, grilled meats or fish.
To balance the sweetness of the sweet potato dip them in a spicy sauce. Either a sriracha mayo or chipotle aioli. A creamy dip of ranch or blue cheese dressing. A nice tangy dip of honey mustard or a honey dijon would complement them well.
There are a few important factors that can play a role in your sweet potato fries not being crispy. If your fries are not crispy try troubleshooting with any of these reasons:
-Not enough oil
-Too much oil
-Air fryer temperature
😋 More Air Fryer Sweet Potato Recipes
Enjoy the natural sweetness of colorful sweet potatoes in these air fryer recipes.
- Roasted Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Slices
- Air Fryer Whole Sweet Potatoes
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
💌 Get Meal Prep Help!
📌 Pin for Later
📌 Be sure to pin the recipe to Pinterest so you can easily find it again! ⬆️