With our air fryer sweet potatoes slices, you don't need to wait for the holidays to enjoy delicious sweet potato medallions. Seasoned with cumin, paprika, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper, you won't believe that you can make our sweet potato slices air fryer recipe in under 30-minutes. Make your dinner pop with this healthy sweet potato side dish that is seriously a WHOLE LOTTA YUM.
Sweet Potato Slices Air Fryer
There is something simply savory about the sweet potato that makes this often marshmallow-covered vegetable simply divine. However, as wonderful as they are when they are dripping in sugar, the sweet potato is also a versatile root veggie that simply loves to be cooked until caramelization so it can reveal its own inner-sweetness.
Luckily for all of us, this sweet potato slices air fryer recipe is just the thing to balance sweet and spicy, leaving everyone around the table thrilled with the savory experience that is roasted sweet potato medallions.
We love to serve our air fryer sweet potato slices alongside an air fryer pork tenderloin and a batch of air fryer bells peppers and onions to create a complete dinner that is bursting with flavor but super simple to create.
If you are looking for more ways to utilize one of falls best vegetables all year long, look no further than our baked sweet potatoes in air fryer and air fryer sweet potato fries recipes.
Why You'll Love This!
- Needing just 15-minutes of cooktime, our air fryer sweet potato slices are the perfect quick and easy side dish for your busy schedule.
- Seasoned with cumin, paprika, sea salt, and ground black pepper, these roasted sweet potato rounds perfectly blend sweet and spicy to create the best savory experience.
- Slices sweet potato rounds are the flavorful way to stick to your healthy eating plan. Whether you are following gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, sugar-free, vegetarian, or vegan lifestyles, you can enjoy these delicious air fryer sweet potato slices without worry about sabotaging your progress.
- You might think that such a scrumptious side dish would require oodles of time and effort from you, but we are thrilled to tell you that this whole dish needs less than 10-minutes of prepwork to get it in your air fryer and roasting to perfection.
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
Beautiful sweet potatoes, aromatic cumin and paprika, plus salt, pepper, and oil... these five simple ingredients are about to combine in your kitchen to create a side that is a true culinary experience.
EXAMPLE: see below
- small sweet potatoes (red garnet) - peeled and cut into ½" medallions
- avocado oil
- fine sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- While this recipe is all about air frying sweet potatoes, we do want you to know that you can use the same ingredients and cooking method with ½" sliced russet potatoes as well.
- You can also use other types of sweet potatoes and yams, the cooking time will be the same.
- Instead of making savory sweet potato slices with cumin and paprika, you can skip that and just use the salt and pepper, or add a sprinkle of cinnamon and 2 teaspoon maple syrup at the end after cooking for a sweet variation.
An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Omni Plus oven style air fryer, and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer. The Cosori was used in this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
Making the perfect air fryer sweet potato slices is as easy as selecting the best sweet potatoes (two actually), slicing them into ½" medallions, seasoning them with the perfect blend of spices, and roasting them in an air fryer.
Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, blot them dry with paper towels, and then cut them into ½" medallions.
Preheat the air fryer to 380 F for 5 minutes.
In a medium-sized bowl toss the sweet potato slices with the avocado oil, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer in the bottom of an air fryer basket, do not overlap or stack the sweet potatoes. You might need to air fry sweet potato slices in 2 batches if they won't all fit in the basket.
Air fry the sweet potato slices for a total of 13-15 minutes, flipping them after 10 minutes. Add more cooking time if needed until the potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- For best results, and to ensure even cooking of your air fryer sweet potato slices, we highly recommend you preheat your air fryer to 380F for 5 minutes prior to cooking the seasoned slices.
- As your sweet potatoes have a lot of natural moisture, please make sure you do not overlap, stack, or overcrowd your air fryer backet or tray. Allowing for ample space will ensure the warm air can circulate properly and evenly roast the sweet potato medallions. If you need to, air fry in multiple batches.
- We did find that flipping the sweet potatoe slices after 10 mintues of cooktime helped them cook better than when we did not flip them.
- Not all air fryers cook the same, they can vary in watts. We used a 1700 watt air fryer for this recipe, if your air fryer has higher watts the potatoes could cook faster, likewise, if yours has less it could take longer to cook.
Air fryer sweet potato slices pair wonderfully with air fryer pork, both air fryer pork tenderloin or air fryer pork chops. If you are looking for an additional vegetable dish, we highly recommend these air fryer bell peppers and onions.
While it is not necessary to boil potatoes before you air fry them, you certainly can if you choose to. Also, if you have leftover boiled potatoes that you want to warm, the air fryer is a great tool for that as it will crisp them up as well and give your boiled potato leftovers a new spin.
People often will soak while potatoes, like russets, before air frying to get them extra crispy during roasting. While this practice is not necessary for sweet potatoes. you certainly can soak your sweet potato slices if you prefer.
More Air Fryer Sweet Potato Recipes
Looking for more air fryer sweet potato recipes?
- Whole air fryer sweet potatoes
- Air fryer frozen sweet potato fries
- Air fryer sweet potato cubes
- Air fryer sweet potato wedges
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply