Air fryer sweet potato cubes make a quick and simple side dish you can easily make sweet or savory. Serve alongside chicken or pork chops with a green veggie or salad on the side. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
✅ Get our FREE air fryer foods list here OR 🥘 Buy our Top 50 Air Fryer Recipes HERE
Air Fried Sweet Potato Cubes
We may not do a lot of gluten in our home due to sensitivities, but we are a potato-loving household that truly enjoys experiencing a wide variety of potato dishes. Whether it's white, yellow, red, or sweet potatoes, my family always comes running for a potato dish, especially these air fryer sweet potato cubes!
Serve the air fryer sweet potato cubes along with our herb turkey thighs in air fryer recipe plus air fryer broccolini.
If you're looking for even more ways to cook sweet potatoes in an air fryer, try our air fryer sweet potato slices and air fryer whole sweet potatoes.
Why You'll Love This!
- Air fried sweet potato cubes are a delicious dinner that is simple to cook and ready in under 30 minutes!
- We are keeping the seasoning simple with just salt & pepper, but you can easily add in nutmeg, cinnamon, or even some maple syrup (at the end) to make a savory roasted sweet potato side dish that is perfect for the holidays.
- Air fryer sweet potato chunks are gluten-free, dairy-free, and a great vegetarian side dish.
- Roasting your sweet potatoes in the air fryer easily brings out the natural sweetness, a treat for you and your guests.
With just four simple ingredients, sweet potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper, you will be ready to make this simple fall side dish in no time.
- small sweet potatoes (about 6-7 oz each), peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- olive oil
- black pepper
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
Potatoes - The same recipe will work for any variety of white, yellow, or red potatoes.
Seasoning - Additional seasonings you can choose to add to your sweet potato cutes include cumin, garlic salt, or a pinch of cayenne. To add a touch of sweetness you can brush on honey or maple syrup with 2 minutes left to go in the cooking time.
An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Omni Plus oven style air fryer, and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer. The Cosori was used in this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat the air fryer to 380 F for 5 minutes.
Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into uniform cubes, about 1" inch.
Temperature and Cooking Time
Add the cubed sweet potato, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Stir to combine and evenly coat the potato pieces.
Cook the sweet potato chunks for about 15 minutes in total until they can be easily pierced with a fork, flipping them over halfway through cooking.
Sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy! It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
- To cut the small sweet potatoes, first cut them lengthwise and then cut them in half lengthwise again so that you have 4 long slices. Then cut each of those slices into 1" sections.
- Optional seasonings you can add to the sweet potatoes are cumin, rub, garlic salt, or a pinch of cayenne for a spicy kick. To add a touch of sweetness you can brush on honey or maple syrup with 2 minutes left to go in the cooking time.
- This same method will also work for Russet potato cubes.
- Cooking times can vary in air fryers due to the watts of your particular unit. Please use the cooking time as an estimate and keep a close eye on the air fryer sweet potato chunks the first time you go to make them so they don't overcook.
Cooked sweet potato cubes will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days when stored in an airtight container.
You do not have to soak sweet potatoes in water before air frying. However, if you choose to soak them, be sure they are thoroughly dry before you season and roast them.
You cook sweet potato cubes in air fryer for 15+/- minutes, until they are golden and crisp out the outside and warm and flavorful on the inside.
More Air Fryer Sweet Potato Recipes
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply