Air fryer baby potatoes, seasoned with garlic and rosemary, are the perfect side to any dinner. We are air frying whole baby potatoes to absolute perfection in under 30-minutes so you can enjoy these delectable whole roasted baby potatoes in air fryer any night of the week. Perfect with both Yukon gold potatoes or baby reds, our garlic and rosemary baby potatoes are bursting who all of the WHOLE LOTTA YUM goodness you know and love.
Baby Potatoes in Air Fryer
Is there truly anything better than a potato side dish? We'd venture to say 'no' especially when that potato side is air fryer baby potatoes roasted with garlic and rosemary. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner, the whole family scoffs this dish up each and every time it is served. Honestly, we should probably make an extra couple of potatoes to be sure everyone can have enough of these seasoned baby potatoes in air fryer.
And when we pair our air fryer Yukon gold potatoes with either air fryer pork tenderloin or air fried chicken thighs plus a quick air fryer vegetable such as frozen asparagus in the air fryer, dinner is quick, easy, and always a whole lot of yum that the whole family is going to enjoy.
If you love creating simple and delicious potato side dishes with your air fryer, be sure to check out our other homemade air fryer potato recipes including air fryer sweet potato fries, air fryer potato wedges, and air fryer steak fries.
Why You'll Love This!
- With a cooktime of just 20-minutes, our rosemary and garlic air fryer baby potatoes is the best way to enjoy whole roasted baby potatoes any night of the week.
- We are keeping the prep simple - just 5 minutes! - but the flavor big and bold when we season our whole baby potatoes with a blend of rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- While we love using Yukon gold potatoes to make our air fryer baby potatoes, this super versatile recipe will also work with baby reds.
- A gluten-free, paleo, vegan and vegetarian side dish, this baby potatoes in air fryer recipe will help you stick to your preferred eating plan without sacraficing flavor.
- The whole recipe needs just 6 ingredients, and most of them are already in your spice cabinet!
On Keto? Grab our FREE keto foods list here OR Snag our Keto Binder HERE
We are going to start with fresh, whole baby potatoes and then toss them in a blend of oil, herbs, and spices to create a savory air fryer baby potato dish that is ready in less than 30-minutes.
- whole baby potatoes - Yukon gold or red
- virgin olive oil
- dried rosemary
- minced garlic clove
- fine sea salt
- course black pepper
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Seasonings - fine sea salt was used, if you only have Morton's table salt cut it back by about 25%. Table salt is finer and stronger than sea salt. Likewise, we used coarse ground pepper (in the large container from Costco), if you only have finely ground black pepper cut it back.
- Instead of dried rosemary, Italian seasoning or herbs de Provence would be a great variation.
An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Omni Plus oven style air fryer, and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer. The Cosori was used in this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
Season, roast, flip, and finish... your air fryer baby potatoes are truly that easy to make.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes.
Wash the baby potatoes and dry them with paper towels.
In a medium-sized bowl combine the potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Spread the seasoned small potatoes in the bottom of the air fryer basket spreading them out into a single layer, scraping out as much of the oil and seasoning out of the bowl you are able to.
Set the bowl aside you mixed the potatoes in.
The potatoes will take about 17-19 minutes to cook in total, but you will need to flip them (or shake the basket) after 10 minutes of cooking time. Continue cooking the baby potatoes in air fryer until they're crispy on the outside and can easily be pierced with a fork on the inside.
- We highly recommend you preheat your air fryer unit before cooking your baby potatoes in air fryer to ensure even cooking.
- We did not find that our whole baby potatoes needed to be pierced with a fork (like you would with a baked potato) prior to cooking them in the air fryer.
- The baby potatoes used in this recipe were about 1 ½" each in size, if you use potatoes larger than that the recipe will take longer to cook. You can also cut Yukon gold or red potatoes in half if they're a larger size.
- We used a 5.8 L Cosori air fryer, which holds an entire 1 ½ lb bag of baby potatoes spread in an even layer. If you have a small air fryer, cut the recipe in half or cook it into two batches.
- Air fryer models vary slightly, some cook slower or faster than others. Keep a close eye on the cooking time the first time you go to make a new recipe.
Serve your air fryer baby potatoes with your favorite air fryer dinners including pork tenderloin in air fryer, air fryer bone-in chicken thighs, or crispy air fryer breaded chicken.
If you happen to have leftover air fryer baby potatoes, store them in the fridge in a covered container for 3-4 days. Reheat in a 400F air fryer for 3-5 minutes or until warmed through.
Yes, you can air fry whole baby potatoes! Simply place them in a 400 F preheated air fryer for 17-19 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes. For the most flavorful results, season your baby potatoes before roasting with a blend of oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
Looking for more potato recipes?
- Home fries in air fryer
- Potato wedges air fryer recipe
- Air fryer steak fries
- Homemade air fryer French fries
- Potato skins air fryer recipe
Come connect with us on Instagram! Be sure to tag us (wholelotta.yum) when you make a recipe. You can also find us on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply