Make a quick and easy snack by air frying pepperoni chips super fast! These make a terrific low-carb snack and they're a fantastic alternative to potato chips. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Pepperoni Chips in Air Fryer
If you're looking for a fun new snack idea besides the usual chips or crackers, then you must try our air fryer pepperoni chips! They're a game changer my friends.
Crispy, crunchy, salty, with just a little kick of spice, we love to serve them dipped in blue cheese and with celery sticks just like we do with chicken wings.
And if you're looking for more ways to cook pepperoni chips, learn how to make pepperoni chips in the microwave or oven too!
Recipe Variations- This same method can be used for other types of salami meats to make air fryer salami chips.
Step by Step Instructions
Lay the pepperoni chips in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer basket. It's ok if the pepperoni overlaps a tiny bit since they will shrink. If you're using an air fryer oven, be sure to put a baking tray under the rack so that the grease doesn't drip onto the heating elements below.
Cook Time and Temp
- Do not preheat the air fryer for this recipe. Air fry the pepperoni chips at 380 F for about 5-6 minutes. They won't be totally crispy like chips at this point but they'll get crispier upon standing.
2. Remove the pepperoni chips and blot them dry between a double layer of paper towels to remove the excess grease.
3. The pepperoni chips will keep in the fridge for up to 1-2 days. If they lose a little crispness just pop them back in the air fryer for a minute!
- Since the pepperoni is very lightweight the pieces could blow around in the air fryer.
- The pepperoni brand used for this recipe is Volpi uncured pepperoni, purchased from Trader Joe's. Any brand of pepperoni will work for this recipe. Volpi is pretty thin, if your pepperoni is thicker it might take longer to cook.
- A Cosori 5.8 L air fryer was used for testing and it held 16 slices of pepperoni, if you have a smaller air fryer you might need to cook multiple batches. A package of pepperoni has about 30-40 slices depending on the brand. Air fryer models can vary in cooking speed, the first time you go to make a recipe, check it a minute or so early to make sure it doesn't overcook by chance your model cooks faster.
- If you're on a keto diet, be on the lookout for pepperoni brands that have 0-1 carbs per serving.