My teenaged son absolutely loves these frozen jalapeno poppers in air fryer! Cooking up in just a few minutes, frozen jalapeno poppers are super easy using your air fryer and make a perfect snack or easy appetizer, if we get to them before he does!
Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
We are jalapeno popper obsessed in our home, especially our college-age son who has become quite the addict. While we usually make bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers in an air fryer, he helped me make the TGI Friday’s frozen jalapeno poppers when he was home from school recently. I’m not quite sure how I feel about dipping the air fryer poppers recipe into raspberry jam, but the poppers themselves are delish and got a thumbs up!
While frozen jalapeno poppers in air fryer don’t comply with most of the common low-carb and healthy eating plans, when eaten in moderation they can be part of a balanced diet. Plus, whether you are looking for a night off from cooking, or a simple way to bond with your teenage son, a few frozen poppers are worth it.
TGI Friday’s frozen jalapeno poppers are low in sugar (just a few grams per serving) and, believe it or not, vegetarian as well.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Frozen jalapeno poppers in air fryer work with any type or style of air fryer that you own, whether it’s a larger model or a smaller one.
- Cooking breaded jalapeno poppers in your air fryer takes less than 15 minutes!
- This is a great starter recipe for new air fryer owners or for getting your kids involved in the kitchen.
If you are looking to utilize your air fryer for frozen food snacks and appetizers, be sure to check out our air fryer frozen fish, frozen chicken nuggets in air fryer, and frozen onion rings air fryer recipe!
Be sure to download the free Air Fryer cooking times PDF for 50 of the most populr air fryer foods when you join our recipe email list!
One of the best things about this frozen jalapeno poppers in air fryer recipe is that it needs just 1 ingredient – your breaded jalapeno poppers!
- frozen jalapeno poppers – we like the TGI Friday brand, but your favorite brand will also work.
- optional – dipping sauce
Step by Step Instructions
Your frozen jalepeno popper air fryer recipe needs just a few minutes of your time and a single flip. It’s that easy!
To get started, preheat your air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes. If your air fryer does not do this automatically, simply turn your air fryer on and let it run to allow it to warm up.
While this may seem like a needless step, it’s important that your air fryer, much like your oven, needs to be up to temperature before you begin cooking.
Frozen Jalapeno Poppers Air Fryer Time
The total air fryer frozen jalapeno poppers cooking time is 7-8 minutes when cooked at 400F. For best results, flip them over halfway through cooking.
While air fryer models do vary, we do recommend you keep an eye on your frozen jalapeno poppers while they cook to prevent burning.
Cooking spray or oil are not needed to cook your frozen jalapeno poppers.
We have found that most frozen foods air fry best when cooked at 400F and flipped half-way through. You can cook your frozen jalapeno poppers at a lower temperature, or without flipping, but you will need to watch them closely to prevent burning and to ensure they are cooked completely through.
Serve immediately with the included raspberry jam, your favorite dipping sauce, or plain. Enjoy!
- For best results, preheat your air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes before cooking.
- DO NOT thaw your frozen jalapeno poppers before air frying.
- Allow space between your frozen jalapeno poppers for the warm air to circulate.
- Cook time will be the same whether you cook a whole box of frozen poppers or a half of a box.
Once they are cooked, your frozen jalapeno poppers will last in the fridge for 4-5 days. Be sure they are stored in an air tight container.
Air fry on 400F for 1-2 mins until heated back through.
More Air Fryer Frozen Recipes
Are you looking for more air fryer frozen recipes?
- 1 (15 oz) package jalapeno poppers
- Preheat the air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes.
- The total air fryer frozen jalapeno poppers cooking time is 7-8 minutes, but flip them over halfway through cooking.
- Since air fryer models can vary slightly, keep a close eye on them if this is your first time cooking frozen poppers in an air fryer. You'll want to pull them out when they're heated through, the cream cheese is soft, but you don't want them so cooked that the poppers start bursting with cheese oozing out.
- Serve with raspberry jam (if provided with the package) or plain. Enjoy!
We used the TGI Fridays jalapeno poppers, but any brand will work!
Their package is 15 oz, another brand could be different. You can cook as many as your air fryer will fit.
Whether you cook a half package or whole package, the air fryer frozen jalapenos cooking time will be the same.
There's no need to grease the basket since it's non stick.