Cooking frozen pizza in air fryer is the BEST way to get your frozen pizzas cooked to perfection! We are making individual-sized pizzas that are perfect as a snack, with an appetizer spread, or as a small meal, and, we are making this WHOLE LOTTA YUM in under 15-minutes!
Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
As much as we try to eat healthy in our home, there are plenty of times that a frozen pizza has saved the day. So while making frozen pizza in air fryer is not something we do often, it's nice when the moment calls for it, or simply when we are looking for a change of pace and a quick item to cook.
Because let's face it, there is always a time when cooking a meal from scratch - no matter how quick and easy the recipe is - just isn't going to happen. There are times when the kids come home from school and need more than an apple and some peanut butter for a snack. And there are times when your appetizer spread needs something... more. Either way, air fryer frozen pizza is here to bail you out when you forget about dinner, when your teenage son doesn't stop eating, or when the game-day snacks are running low.
As the frozen food market sees the need for low-carb, keto, and gluten-free varieties of their products, they are expanding. So check your local grocer's frozen foods section and you just may be surprised to find some healthy frozen pizza options that are perfect for your air fryer.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Ready in less time than it takes to preheat your oven, your frozen pizza in air fryer dish needs just 12-minutes of cook time!
- Perfect for a last-minute snack or a quick meal, air fryer frozen pizzas are a great way to feed a crowd quickly.
- Cooking up individual frozen pizzas in your air fryer will allow you to accommodate all of the topping preferences in your household.
- This simple recipe is a great way to get kids started in the kitchen and learning how to cook.
We love using our air fryer for whipping up a spread of frozen appetizers including air fryer frozen burritos, air fryer frozen jalapenos, frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer, and air fryer frozen onion rings.
We are using the Trader Joes brand bambino pepperoni pizza but you can use any brand you like (that is not deep-dish) for your air fryer frozen pizza.
- frozen pizza - individual size (5"-6")
Our frozen pizza in air fryer recipe will work with any brand of frozen pizza, with any toppings you like! Stay simple with cheese, go classic with pepperoni, or get creative with all meat, supreme, or even specialty toppings.
Just note that we are not working with a thin crust or a deep dish pizza.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat and air fry. Making frozen pizza in air fryer truly is that simple!
Air Fryer Pizza Temperature
We are cooking our air fryer frozen pizzas at 380F.
For best results, we do recommend you preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes prior to cooking. Most air fryer models will preheat automatically, but if yours does not, you can set your air fryer to 380F and allow it to run for 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Pizza Cooking Time
Place 1 or 2 individual-sized frozen pizzas in your air fryer and cook them for 10-12 minutes, until it's heated through, the cheese is melty, and the crust is crispy.
The pizzas we cooked were 4 ½ inches, so we were able to fit 2 in our air fryer. If your pizzas are larger, or your air fryer is smaller, you may not be able to get two in at one time.
After they have finished cooking, carefully remove your air fryer frozen pizzas, slice, and serve. Enjoy!
- Most frozen pizzas will take 10-12 minutes in your air fryer, but start checking on them after 9-10 minutes. Remove them when they have cooked to your liking.
- Preheating your air fryer will allow your frozen pizzas to begin cooking as soon as you place them in your air fryer.
- You do not need to leave space between your frozen pizzas in air fryer, but do not allow them to overlap. If you cannot fit two pizzas in your air fryer side by side, cook them one at a time.
- No oil or spray is required when cooking your frozen pizzas in your air fryer.
- For thin-crust frozen pizzas, check for doneness after 6-8 minutes. Deep-dish varieties could need as long as 15-minutes.
To serve your frozen pizza in air fryer as a dinner, pair them with a side salad and air fryer frozen french fries. To serve them as part of an appetizer platter, consider onion rings, mozzarella sticks, corn dogs, and jalapeno poppers.
You can store left over air fryer frozen pizza in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Yes you can freeze leftovers. Simply wrap the leftovers tightly in foil and place in a freezer bag. Freeze and use within 3 months.
More Air Fryer Frozen Snack Recipes
Looking for more air fryer frozen snack recipes?
- Air fryer frozen burritos
- Frozen burritos in air fryer
- Air fryer frozen fish
- Frozen chicken nuggets in air fryer