Ahh air fryers. They make life so much easier. So do taquitos, so let’s put the two together! You’ll have a beautifully crisp and warm snack by cooking frozen taquitos in an air fryer. It’s the best way to add a quick side dish to a meal, or a packed lunch for tomorrow, or even an appetizer for a get-together.
This post may include affiliate links, including links to Amazon products. Read the full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Taquitos
Some people aren’t aware of air fryers and their diamond in the rough qualities. When I first bought mine, I was AMAZED at how efficient they are and the fact that they keep the flavor in. There seems to be endless amounts of recipes so I had to include yummy taquitos. My family loves them!
So what are taquitos?
Taquitos are a Mexican food consisting of small, rolled up tortillas with a filling of beef, chicken, or cheese (a little variety for dieters). After it’s filled, it’s then deep-fried to perfection.
A fairly simple recipe to make yourself, but with frozen taquitos in an air fryer, it makes things easier.
Trader Joes and Whole Foods brands have no artificial ingredients if you’re looking for something a little healthier. Feel Good Foods is a brand with healthier ingredients and offers gluten-free taquitos.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Taquitos
- One of the BEST and FASTEST ways to cook frozen taquitos is in an air fryer.
- An air fryer doesn’t lose flavor as a frying pan or microwave does.
- With a cook time of just 8 minutes, your air fryer chicken frozen taquitos are ready faster than you can order take out and much faster than cooking in the oven.
- The whole recipe requires one frozen bag of taquitos and it’s basically made for you!
Taquitos work great by themselves or you can make a full meal if you’re feeling hungry. There’s a taco salad, roasted corn esquites, or low carb egg drop soup that keeps the Mexican flare goin’ and your taste buds rollin’!
We use Trader Joes taquitos, but any grocery store brand will work depending on your preference of beef, chicken, or cheese filling.
These air fryer frozen taquitos will surprise you with how easy they are, and it requires just one main ingredient.
- 1 pkg of frozen taquitos – any kind works, chicken, beef, or vegetarian
- Optional sauces/sides – salsa, sour cream, guacamole *buy at the same time as the frozen taquitos if you don’t already have a side
Be sure to read our post and download our cheat sheet on air fryer cook times for the 50 most popular air fryer foods.
Making frozen taquitos in an air fryer is as easy as uno, dos, tres. Here are the steps to easy living!
Frozen Taquitos temperature
Preheat air fryer to 400F. You might have to manually turn your model on and let it preheat for 3-5 minutes.
It’s ok to add oil or cooking spray if you have an aluminum air fryer basket, but if it’s non-stick do NOT use cooking spray. Cooking sprays ruin the finish and will make the food in the non-stick basket STICK.
Lay the frozen taquitos in the air fryer in a single layer, leaving space around them for the best results. Do not stack them on top of each other, as they won’t turn out as crisp.
Set the air fryer to a cook time of 8 minutes, check them after 5 minutes to make sure they’re cooking evenly. You can flip them over if needed.
Our air fryer frozen taquitos took 8 minutes to cook, but feel free to add more time to get them to your preferred degree of crispness.
- Flipping the taquitos is not necessary for even cooking, but we found the result was better to check them and move them around after 5 minutes.
- Be sure not to overcrowd your fryer, as the taquitos won’t cook as evenly.
- Adding a dipping sauce or side adds variety to each bite and makes it more fun eat!
- If you have a non-stick air fryer basket, don’t use cooking spray. You CAN add a spritz if you have an aluminum air frying tray.
How to Store Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos?
Store your cooked taquitos in the fridge for up to 4 days, or put in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
How to Reheat Taquitos in an Air Fryer?
If you have leftover air fryer taquitos and want to reheat them, simply preheat the air fryer oven to 400F and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through. There’s no need to flip them!
More Air Fryer Frozen Recipes
- Air fryer frozen corn dogs
- Frozen chicken tenders in air fryer
- Frozen fish sticks in air fryer
- Air fryer frozen egg rolls
Please leave a review if you make our recipe! We love feedback from readers, plus it helps others too.
And pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to it!
V V V
- 1 pkg of frozen taquitos - any kind works, chicken, beef, or vegetarian
- optional- serve with sauce like salsa or sour cream
- Preheat to 400F, if your air fryer doesn't automatically do this for you just manually turn your model on for 3-5 minutes before cooking.
- Lay the frozen air fryer taquitos in a single layer, leaving space around the fries for best results.
- Set the air fryer to a cook time of 8 minutes.
- Check the taquitos after 5 minutes to see if they're cooking evenly. Flip them over if needed.
- Depending on your oven model you might need to cook them 1-2 minutes longer.
Any type of frozen taquito will work, beef, chicken, or vegetarian.
No need to use cooking spray or oil.
Don't stack taquitos, they'll turn out better in a single layer.
Serve with salsa and sour cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Instant Pot Omni Plus Toaster Oven, 26L
- Air Fryer Accessories,Phillips Air Fryer Accessories and Gowise Air Fryer Accessories Fit all 3.7QT-5.3QT-5.8QT,Set of 5-7 inch
- Ninja Air Fryer, 1550-Watt Programmable Base for Air Frying, Roasting, Reheating & Dehydrating with 4-Quart Ceramic Coated Basket (AF101), Black/Gray
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 164Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 42mgSodium 285mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 12g