Make an easy whipped ricotta dip with honey in just 10 minutes! So light and creamy with the perfect balance of sweet and savory. No one will know our whipped ricotta with honey is light and healthy, serve it with veggie sticks, crackers, or bread. It's a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
When we aren't assembling unique charcuterie boards, our other go-to appetizer is of course dips of all kinds! I mean, it's hard to find someone who doesn't love scooping a chip, cracker, or vegetable stick into a delicious savory dip.
If you haven't tried whipped ricotta dip before, you're in for a treat! It's lighter than many cheese-laden dips (although we LOVE those too!) and you can go back for more and not feel guilty. You can even thin leftovers out with your milk of choice to make a salad dressing. It seriously makes the perfect appetizer.
- Whole Milk Ricotta - do not use a lower fat ricotta, full fat is essential in getting that creamy light texture.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Milk - any milk of choice will work, dairy milk or plant-based milks
- Honey - we added just a tablespoon, feel free to make an even sweeter whipped honey ricotta dip by adding more.
- Sprigs of Thyme - other fresh herbs are great too.
- Bread, chips, or veggies of choice to serve
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- Whisk - necessary for whipping the ricotta
How to Make Whipped Honey Ricotta
There are just a couple of basic steps for making whipped ricotta dip, whip the creamy ricotta cheese, add in the other ingredients, blend, and garnish. So easy!
- Add the ricotta into a large mixing bowl and whisk. You can also blend everything in a food processor or use a hand mixer if you have one.
- Add in honey, olive oil, milk, salt, lemon juice, and some thyme leaves and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the whipped ricotta to a small serving bowl and garnish with additional extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs such as thyme. You could also add a drizzle of honey or add some lemon zest.
- Serve the creamy whipped ricotta with baguette slices, chips, veggies sticks, or cherry tomatoes.
- To make this a baked ricotta dip recipe, add all of the ingredients to a small oven-safe dish and bake for 10-15 minutes at 425 F. Mixing in roasted garlic or roasted tomatoes is a terrific variation.
- Switch up the garnishes- you can also garnish with fresh herbs such as rosemary, parsley, basil, and a sprinkle of pine nuts or toasted pistachios.
- The whipped ricotta with honey is gluten-free, low carb (using vegetables for dippers and not bread), and vegetarian.
- Serve the whipped ricotta dip with your bread of choice such as garlic bread, a baguette, pita bread or pita chips, or crackers. This is also terrific served with fresh vegetables such as cucumbers, celery sticks, and carrots.
- If you have leftover whipped ricotta dip you can use it to make whipped ricotta crostini or whipped ricotta roast.
Can I use low–fat ricotta?
Low–fat ricotta does not have the right consistency and will not whip into a creamy dip, as it can be overly watery. I recommend using whole milk ricotta for best results when making our whipped ricotta recipe.
How long does this last in the fridge?
The whipped ricotta dip will last in the fridge for up to 4-5 days in an airtight container. Be sure to check the ricotta container for the expiration date.
More Dip Recipes
If you love our whipped ricotta dip recipe, be sure to try our other dips too!
- Corn dip with cream cheese
- Shredded buffalo chicken dip
- Instant Pot spinach artichoke dip
- Green chili dip