Super cheesy instant pot spinach artichoke dip will definitely be a crowd-pleaser that’ll you’ll make time and again for football game days, holiday get-togethers and anytime you need a hearty favorite appetizer.
Using only natural ingredients and frozen spinach, this is a simple dump and go instant pot spinach dip recipe that’s also low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, and keto-friendly.
Serve with tortilla chips, celery sticks, other vegetables, or bread cubes that can basically be considered a meal, am I right??
Instant Pot Spinach Dip
Making either an artichoke dip or spinach artichoke dip is always welcomed at all of our family get-t0gethers. This is a variation of my cousin’s popular recipe that we all devoured in about 5 minutes at holiday parties! The only change is adding even more cheese and of course adapting it to a spinach and artichoke dip instant pot recipe.
With all the classic spinach and artichoke dip ingredients but for your pressure cooker, you can get this hot and SO cheesy version on the table ridiculously quick! Any dump and start recipe is a fan of mine when I’m using an instant pot.
Why This Recipe Works
- This is a dump and go recipe that comes together ridiculously quick
- No need to drain the frozen spinach, just dump it in!
- It only contains natural ingredients, which makes it full of flavor
- The spinach dip is also low carb, gluten-free, keto, and sugar-free
Ingredients for Spinach Artichoke Dip in Instant Pot
- artichoke hearts, chopped
- chicken broth
- frozen chopped spinach, crumbled
- Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- shredded parmesan cheese
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- tsp garlic salt
- green onions, sliced
- cayenne pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
How to Make Instant Pot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Soften the Cream Cheese
You’ll want to soften the cream cheese in advance to make it easy to mix the ingredients together and to prevent the cheese from clumping. The easiest way to soften cream cheese is in the microwave. Cut the 8 oz block of cheese into big cubes and cook on high in the microwave for 15 seconds.
That’s all you need to do to have perfectly softened cream cheese for any recipe!
Add the Ingredients
In this order, add the chicken broth, artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, 8 oz softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Stir to combine, it doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth but mix as best as possible.
Pressure cook for 3 mins on Manual (Pressure Cook) High.
When it’s done cooking under pressure, do a Quick Release.
Slowly mix in the mozzarella and shredded parmesan cheese. I like to add a big handful at a time and mix it before adding more cheese to keep it from clumping.
Garnish the spinach artichoke dip with fresh Italian parsley or chopped green onions.
Serve with chips, tortilla chips, or bread cubes. If you’re following a low carb or keto diet like my husband, you can dip low carb chips, cheese crisps, celery sticks, pepperoni chips, or any of your favorite low carb snacks that are hard and crunchy.
Other Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
And be sure to pin the recipe for later on Pinterest so you can easily get back to it!
V V V
We’d Love to Hear From You!
Have questions or feedback? Please ask questions or post feedback on the post comments.
Tap That Recipe Review Star! Be sure to leave a review after you make the instant pot spinach artichoke dip recipe or just tap the star rating you’d give the recipe!
Show Us Those Photos! Be sure to upload your instant pot spinach dip recipe photos on the Pinterest pin and/or tag us on Instagram at @wholelotta.yum! We LOVE featuring reader recipes!
- 1 `14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 10 oz box frozen chopped spinach, crumbled
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese or Monterey Jack, shredded
- 12 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced into small pieces
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- In this order, add the chicken broth, artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, cubed cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. There's no need to combine the ingredients before cooking.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 3 mins on Manual High. Some models might call the manual setting Pressure Cook. Do a Quick Release of the remaining pressure.
- Slowly mix in the mozzarella and shredded parmesan cheese. To prevent clumping add a big handful at a time and mix it before adding more cheese.
- Transfer the pressure cooker spinach artichoke dip to a bowl. Garnish with more chopped green onions. Enjoy!
Serve with tortilla chips, vegetables, or bread cubes.
Make sure that the dairy products you're using, like sour cream and cream cheese, are full-fat. Anything that's low fat or non-fat could curdle when cooked under pressure.
The dip is extra cheesy, feel free to cut back if desired.
Fresh spinach can be substituted for frozen, just use the same amount by weight.
Add a can of drained precooked chicken to make an Instant Pot spinach artichoke chicken dip
If you're following a low carb or keto diet, you can dip low carb chips, cheese crisps, celery sticks, pepperoni chips, or any of your favorite low carb snacks that are hard and crunchy. Shred your own cheese since pre-shredded cheese adds potato starch to keep it from clumping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Ninja Air Fryer, 1550-Watt Programmable Base for Air Frying, Roasting, Reheating & Dehydrating with 4-Quart Ceramic Coated Basket (AF101), Black/Gray
Air Fryer Accessories,Phillips Air Fryer Accessories and Gowise Air Fryer Accessories Fit all 3.7QT-5.3QT-5.8QT,Set of 5-7 inch
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 66mgSodium 863mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 18g