Ridiculously cheesy, our spinach artichoke dip Instant Pot recipe will definitely be a crowd-pleaser that’ll you’ll make time and again for football game days, holiday get-togethers, and anytime you need a hearty favorite appetizer. We are combining delicious artichoke hearts and frozen spinach with a blend of multiple kinds of cheese, including mozzarella and cream cheese, with seasoning including garlic and a hint of cayenne, to create a super simple one-pot appetizer that is ready in just 20-minutes. Our super cheesy Instant Pot spinach artichoke dip is an Applebee’s copycat that is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Making either an artichoke dip or a spinach artichoke dip is always a welcomed site at all of our family get-togethers, game day parties, and even during the holidays. And this spinach artichoke dip Instant Pot recipe is a simple adaption of my cousin’s popular recipe that we all devoured in about 5 minutes at holiday parties!
The first change is adding more cheese because a good spinach artichoke dip is one that is super cheesy. If you have ever had the Applebee’s dip, you know what we are talking about.
The second change is simply turning this into an instant pot spinach artichoke dip so you can spend more time enjoying your get-together and less time worrying about preparing amazing food.
We love serving our spinach artichoke dip (instant pot recipe) with a variety of sides so it can accommodate everyone. The classic option is tortilla chips, but we have found that celery sticks and carrot sticks are also great choices. Bread cubes are also a popular item and pair very well with this pressure cooker appetizer.
The only change is adding even more cheese and of course adapting it to a spinach and artichoke dip instant pot recipe.
With all the classic spinach and artichoke dip ingredients but for your pressure cooker, you can get this hot and SO cheesy version on the table ridiculously quick! Any dump and start recipe is a fan of mine when I’m using an instant pot.
Why You’ll Love This!
- Our spinach artichoke dip instant pot recipes is a super easy dump and go recipe that needs just 10-minutes of preptime meaning you can spend more time with your guest than in the kitchen.
- With a pressure cook time of just 3-mintues, our instant pot spinach artichoke dip comes together ridiculously quick
- Even though we are making our spinach dip with frozen spinach there is no need to drain it – just dump it right in the Instant Pot!
- We are making our spinach artichoke dip (instant pot recipe) with only natural ingredients, but it will still be full of flavor thanks to the garlic, salt, green onions, cayenne, and red pepper flakes!
- The best part?! Our intant pot spinach artichoke dip is low carb, gluten-free, keto, and sugar-free meaning you can stick to your healthy eating plan and enjoy this delicious appetizer.
Are you a host who loves to serve hot-dip recipes to your guests? If so, look no further and these hot-dip recipes that are sure to impress even the pickiest of pallets like our crockpot buffalo chicken dip recipe, our oven-baked artichoke chili dip, and our stove-top keto chicken dip.
Loaded with artichoke, spinach, chicken broth, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and seasoned to perfection, our spinach artichoke dip instant pot recipe is a super simple dump-and-go recipe that you are going to want to hand on to!
- artichoke hearts – chopped
- chicken broth
- frozen chopped spinach – crumbled
- Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese – shredded
- shredded parmesan cheese
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- tsp garlic salt
- green onions – sliced
- cayenne pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Spinach – Fresh spinach can be substituted for frozen, just use the same amount by weight.
- Chicken – Add a can of drained precooked chicken to make an Instant Pot spinach artichoke chicken dip.
- Cheese – The dip is extra cheesy, feel free to cut back if desired.
A Pressure Cooker – This is the Instant Pot model that we used.
- Keto/Low-Carb – While our spinach artichoke dip is low-carb and keto-friendly, steer clear of low-fat dairy options as well as preshredded cheese, both of which contain hidden carbs.
Step by Step Instructions
We are going to start with soften cream cheese and then layer all of the ingredients into our instant pot where they will be transformed into a delicious Instant Pot spinach and artichoke dip.
Soften the cream cheese. The easiest way to soften cream cheese is in the microwave. Cut the 8 oz block of cheese into big cubes and cook on high in the microwave for 15 seconds.
In this order, add the chicken broth, artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, 8 oz softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes to your Instant Pot.
Stir to combine. It doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth but mix as best as possible.
Pressure cook for 3 mins on Manual (Pressure Cook) High.
When it’s done cooking under pressure, do a Quick Release.
Slowly mix in the mozzarella and shredded parmesan cheese.
Garnish the spinach artichoke dip with fresh Italian parsley or chopped green onions.
Serve with chips, tortilla chips, or bread cubes. If you’re following a low carb or keto diet like my husband, you can dip low carb chips, cheese crisps, celery sticks, pepperoni chips, or any of your favorite low carb snacks that are hard and crunchy.
- For best results, incorporate the mozarella and parmesan cheeses a handful at a time rather than adding them both at the same time. This allows the cheese to fully incorporate.
- Softened cream cheese is recommended so you can stir the ingredients well before pressure cooking. You can soften the cream cheese by leaving it out on the counter for 30-60 minite prior to making your spinach artichode dip instant pot recipe, or by cutting the cheese into cubes and microwaving is for 15-second intervals.
- Make sure that the dairy products you’re using, like sour cream and cream cheese, are full-fat. Anything that’s low fat or non-fat could curdle when cooked under pressure.
Traditionally spinach artichoke dip is served with tortilla chips or bread, but you can also opt for low-carb and gluten-friendly items such as vegetable sticks.
You can store any leftover spinach dip in the fridge in a covered container for up to 5 days.
This is a hot dip and should be kept warm while serving (you can use your instant pot to keep it warm, just remember to stir it occasionally). However, any leftovers should be refrigerated.
Other Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more appetizer recipes?
- 1 `14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 10 oz box frozen chopped spinach, crumbled
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese or Monterey Jack, shredded
- 12 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced into small pieces
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- In this order, add the chicken broth, artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, cubed cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. There's no need to combine the ingredients before cooking.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 3 mins on Manual High. Some models might call the manual setting Pressure Cook. Do a Quick Release of the remaining pressure.
- Slowly mix in the mozzarella and shredded parmesan cheese. To prevent clumping add a big handful at a time and mix it before adding more cheese.
- Transfer the pressure cooker spinach artichoke dip to a bowl. Garnish with more chopped green onions. Enjoy!
Serve with tortilla chips, vegetables, or bread cubes.
Make sure that the dairy products you're using, like sour cream and cream cheese, are full-fat. Anything that's low fat or non-fat could curdle when cooked under pressure.
The dip is extra cheesy, feel free to cut back if desired.
Fresh spinach can be substituted for frozen, just use the same amount by weight.
Add a can of drained pre-cooked chicken to make an Instant Pot spinach artichoke chicken dip.
If you're following a low carb or keto diet, you can dip low carb chips, cheese crisps, celery sticks, pepperoni chips, or any of your favorite low carb snacks that are hard and crunchy. Shred your own cheese since pre-shredded cheese adds potato starch to keep it from clumping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Ninja Air Fryer, 1550-Watt Programmable Base for Air Frying, Roasting, Reheating & Dehydrating with 4-Quart Ceramic Coated Basket (AF101), Black/Gray
Air Fryer Accessories,Phillips Air Fryer Accessories and Gowise Air Fryer Accessories Fit all 3.7QT-5.3QT-5.8QT,Set of 5-7 inch
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 66mgSodium 863mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 18g